Page 1 of 3
LastLast

incoming nerfs to hunters soon...

Hey guys

Was reading Blizz forums (not going to question till I see), but someone came up asking about hunters in PVP. Taepsilum (some one responding to posts) had this to say:

Hunters in general are very strong at the moment yes, but the high number of priest/hunter comps out there in 2v2 can also make them seem a bit stronger than what they actually are, it’s important to look at the overall picture, sometimes a class might seem too strong but when put in a different comp it might look just fine, it’s important to understand that this is a particularly strong synergetic combination that provides amazing crowd control (scatter, trap, fear, mind control, pet fear, web wrap, silencing shot, tendrils).
    Anyway rest assured that devs are on to it, Stampede and Blink Strikes are being looked at, and you can probably expect some hotfixes on those two abilities very soon.

Deleted
    Will nerfing those abilities actually fix anything? Ret hunter seems to have good synergy regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Will nerfing those abilities actually fix anything? Ret hunter seems to have good synergy regardless.
    this is derailing the thread.. if you have a topic concerning Ret Paladins.. please find.make a new thread...

Does NOT address the central issue: a ranged class not subjected to ranged counters with far too many outs.

Literally all they need to do is remove readiness from the BM toolkit and it would be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    From that post, it does not look like they know what they are doing.

I play marksman so those 2 nerfs affect me none

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Does NOT address the central issue: a ranged class not subjected to ranged counters with far too many outs.

Literally all they need to do is remove readiness from the BM toolkit and it would be enough.
    They do have a counter, disarm, it's just the fact that bm has 3 trinkets (like you said, readiness is the problem) and 2 of their attacks are from their pet and can be cast while disarmed, meanwhile MM and SV are useless disarmed. what they can do, readiness no longer affects bestial wrath and CC. affects the cc train and bm's huge trinket pool.
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2013-06-08 at 04:47 AM.

I'm glad they're looking at Blink Strike at the very least (though I agree other things should be looked at as well). I understand BM is a pet spec but I shouldn't be able to never get away from a pet without actually hard CCing it or killing it. Slows do nothing at all. Watching a ret friend line a hunter perfectly while his pet just goes to hamtown on him was a little discomforting as well.

How blink strike went live for BM blows my mind so hard after cloak and dagger got nerfed for sub rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

hotfix inc next reset.
    confirmed by holinka

i honestly do not mind hunters that much since ele / ferals and mages are all retarded atm.
    hunters are the only ones carrying melee vs casters atm.. once that is gone it is back to harrypotter craft again. i really hope the hotfixes carry some changes to ele shamans as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fix non-DR with melee cc and rework rediness for BM.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    hotfix inc next reset.
    confirmed by holinka

i honestly do not mind hunters that much since ele / ferals and mages are all retarded atm.
    hunters are the only ones carrying melee vs casters atm.. once that is gone it is back to harrypotter craft again. i really hope the hotfixes carry some changes to ele shamans as well.
    Hmm didnt fint that speciffic tweet, only one about CC resetting being something they are not happy with in terms of Rediness.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziene View Post
    this is derailing the thread.. if you have a topic concerning Ret Paladins.. please find.make a new thread...
    It's not derailing the thread. I am merely asking a question.

SYNERGY is the problem.

"...it’s important to look at the overall picture, sometimes a class might seem too strong but when put in a different comp it might look just fine, it’s important to understand that this is a particularly strong synergetic combination that provides amazing crowd control".

So how will nerfing hunters fix anything if priests are still too good? They will just synergize with mages better instead. How does nerfing hunters solve anything?

Then i just switch to one of my other OP classes, no biggie.

Maybe they should of taken the time to address the class as a whole while they were ripping skills off our toolbar with reckless abandon.

They made BM a literal two-button spec and are are surprised its too easy to play? Who would of guessed...

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    They made BM a literal two-button spec and are are surprised its too easy to play? Who would of guessed...
    This cant be said enough, wth were they thinking?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Maybe they should of taken the time to address the class as a whole while they were ripping skills off our toolbar with reckless abandon.

Prety damn sad that at least 1 possible 2 demanding specs gets sacrificed just to cater super bad and new players with the BM spec.
    Never understood why BLZ never reward skill.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    This cant be said enough, wth were they thinking?
    "Casual" players and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    "Casual" players and money.
    Yeah ok, but you cant say that having the actual spell blink strike was making BM harder to play.

Remove the damn readiness CD, and balance hunters around that.