Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Depends on which innocents.

If you are indifferent to the suffering of people miles and thousands of miles away, whom you've never met, never seen their faces... if you are indifferent to the idea that right now millions of unnamed people are suffering... you are just normal.

If you are indifferent to the suffering of a person who is right in front of you, or the suffering face of a person on the news or on a picture, or indifferent to the idea that right now some of your friends are suffering... then yes, you are evil.

Good and evil doesn't exist. And those things that are close to them are heavily subjective and relative. So no, that does not make them evil

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Good and evil doesn't exist. And those things that are close to them are heavily subjective and relative. So no, that does not make them evil
    Just because something cannot be objectively defined doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Good and evil are abstract arbitrary concepts. They still exist as such ideas.

Evil? No. But its not nice either.

Ignoring the suffering of others is what makes evil possible.

Deleted
    It's only evil if to personally witness suffering and not care.

I would often say "selfish" instead of evil. For example, witnessing someone being attacked on the street, then running away and neglecting to call the cops would be selfish and borderline evil to me.

However, driving past someone stuck on the side of a busy road is only slightly selfish, and not evil.
    Last edited by mmoc0495eaf8b1; 2013-06-17 at 06:55 AM.

Last night I was quite mad because I lost a roll in WoW and could not sleep for over an hour.

Yet on the same time people got shot in north korea, lost relatives in the nursing home no 500m away, children starved in Uganda, women were raped, people were stabbed on the street. I did not think about them, or care at all.

Am I evil? I'd rather say I am normal. The concept of good and evil are manmade.

Depends what exactly they're indifferent to.

At worst they're self-contented jerks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alyshira View Post
    I would often say "selfish" instead of evil. For example, witnessing someone being attacked on the street, then running away and neglecting to call the cops would be selfish and borderline evil to me.
    That's also illegal in some countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. And honestly, there are 7 billion people on the planet. I don't give a fuck about ~6.999.999.700 of them.