10+ Year Old Account

Spending 1.5-2K on a gaming pc, no idea about hardware...

So i'm gonna be spending 1.5-2k on a gaming pc, i've no idea what I should really aim for but I know what I want to use it for; mainly gaming and frapsing at the same time, games like wow up to games as high quality as battlefield 3 possibly, also something(not a necessity) I could produce music/videos with without a fuss, using vegas and ableton etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

See the sticky right above your post:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    See the sticky right above your post:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    He included several of these. You're just being a...Something.
    For people who have no idea about hardware its impossible to meet the requirements you just posted.

It's like handing some random guy a guitar and yell at him to play something.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 10:02 AM ----------

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/

Here, some actual help. Play with this for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    For people who have no idea about hardware its impossible to meet the requirements you just posted.

It's like handing some random guy a guitar and yell at him to play something.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 10:02 AM ----------

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/

Here, some actual help. Play with this for a while.
    What in gods name are you talking about?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    I'm just... interested in knowing if the OP wants monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS and other shit with the computer.

There is a very good reason for that sticky, even if you can't figure it out.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know about how where when i'm looking at it, my problem is I don't know what's compatible with what or the indepth part of hardware. And I got a monitor, keyboard and mouse here from last desktop, and i'll get an OS aswell.

Deleted
    Given the information thus far, this is what I've come up with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($389.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($75.63 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($185.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($799.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Case: Silverstone Redline Series RL04B ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($115.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $2007.63
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-16 21:23 EST+1000)

It's marginally over the top-end, but it should be able to play anything you throw at it on high settings for the next three years or so (outside of hardware failures).

Deleted
    $800 for GTX780... yeah

Just go with a GTX 770 (assuming you're running 1080p):

EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked ACX 2GB

An AMD card is an option as well and $50 less than the 770:

Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 3GB $450

Get low profile RAM:

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

You're not going to be running SLI with that motherboard so either change motherboard or save some money on the PSU (nothing major though):

Antec High Current Gamer 520W Modular HCG-520M
    ASRock Z87 Extreme3 SLI support if you choose that route

Above list looks sane including the little caveat at the end of it being very high end spending every penny in your budget.

Only thing worth looking at is RAM, it might be better to take 16GB from the start instead of 8GB depending on how complicated projects you're doing in Vegas/Ableton.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    ~$300 less with the 770 or 7970 though. 16GB RAM option mentioned:

Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB)