Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm for doing nothing. Secular Dictator or Islamic Republic. Whats the best case situation, Turkey? What's the worst case Afghanistan? Yeah, stay out.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

So the Tea Party is advocating non-interventionism? Well good for them having an ounce of sense in their pound of crazy!

But I suspect that the real line is "non-interventionist in countries we don't have strong commercial interests in".

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'm for doing nothing. Secular Dictator or Islamic Republic. Whats the best case situation, Turkey? What's the worst case Afghanistan? Yeah, stay out.
    Pretty much this for all Middle East conflicts past present and future.

Mmm, guess it's subjective whether you consider worst case Iran (hostile rogue nation) or Afghanistan (blood soaked chaos). Lawful evil or chaotic evil, take your pick!
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-06-17 at 04:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    She's only right if she's too stupid to grasp that the context of that phrase implies "kill 'em all" in front of it. If she's not quite that stupid, then she's a murderous asshole. I guess if I had to pick between stupidity and murderous tendencies with her... hard to pick!
    Were you just going out of your way looking for a reason to insult someone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So the Tea Party is advocating non-interventionism? Well good for them having an ounce of sense in their pound of crazy!

But I suspect that the real line is "non-interventionist in countries we don't have strong commercial interests in".

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 04:23 AM ----------

Mmm, guess it's subjective whether you consider worst case Iran (hostile rogue nation) or Afghanistan (blood soaked chaos). Lawful evil or chaotic evil, take your pick!
    You can bet if Syria had oil or some other ultra valuable natural resource, we'd be bringing democracy to them in a heart beat.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dimwit Palin is just being a armchair quarterback. See Captain Obvious.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-06-17 at 05:33 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    She's only right if she's too stupid to grasp that the context of that phrase implies "kill 'em all" in front of it. If she's not quite that stupid, then she's a murderous asshole. I guess if I had to pick between stupidity and murderous tendencies with her... hard to pick!
    Ignorance before malice, and all that.

But, her attempted snark aside, I think a hands off approach probably is best; minus the genocidal humor. It sucks when people go around murdering each other for political control but this feels like an Alien vs Predator moment: whoever wins, we lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    This was inevitable. The current people in power have only continued to go against the will of the American people, and I say enough is enough. If anybody in their right mind elects people that keep involving us in useless wars, spy on us every second of our lives, tear apart our bill of rights, and label whistleblowers as traitors, we're screwed. Stop voting for morons in state elections, in senate elections, in house elections, in local elections, and in the Presidential election.

Deleted
    By all means let Syria become a Sharia muslim controlled country with lots and lots of training camps. One would think that the lesson Afghanistan is teaching right now would get through to even a potato head like Palin. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Best case scenario is the extremists all wipe each other out on their own, let them. They hate us, we should not be coddling them. They've made their bed, they can sleep in it.
    This. I will bet neither side is any good, but if we we're to help Syria it would be to help civilians only. That situation is getting out of hand, and that should be the main reason to consider help Syrian rebels, even trough its not a good choice, but band-aids to help Syrian is just a waste aswell.

Denmark already sended some 50+ million dollars to Syrian now to help out, kinda of a waste. Trough we don't need more damn muslim immigrants coming to Europe so, helping rebels might be okay
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I can just envision the condescending and ultimately racist way in which she presented that statement; as if their belief in their deity is somehow backwards and humorous, but her own belief is something that should be praised.
    The thing is their Christians' god (the father?) and Muslims' god (Allah) is really the same god (entity), to me she appears to be mocking her own religion but whatever.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by archelios View Post
    Religion is th sole cause of this war. Sunnis and Shi'ites have been hating each other for centuries
    Yeah that is the reason why they attacked a secular country ruled by a minority, it has nothing to do with representation at all and the terrible conditions that the majority were living in. You got me.

Some are in it for this 'holy' war but it is far from the majority and to think that proves that you're not aware of the political, religious and social structure in Middle East at all.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Why of course when a big evil country meddles on the affairs of somewhat weaker neutral countries, they tend to turn evil.
    Last edited by N-7; 2013-06-17 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.