10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.

Questions about a new video card

Everytime I enter a raid whenever I summon my mindbender, I lag for 2-3 seconds. on heavy AOE fights I lag hard my fps drops to 5-15. I play on a 32in monitor my video card is a amd radeon hd 6450, and my processor is a AMD quad core at 3.6 ghtz. Any suggestions on upgrades or a fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi

Your budget?
    Which powersupply are you using?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    looking around 140 tops prefferably and imnot sure

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot give you any recommendations without knowing your power supply :/
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Your frames per second does not necessarily need to come from your GPU.

It's all about balance from your motherboard lanes, your CPU, BIOS settings and even your internet connection.

I would suggest starting with the basics, if you have a Quad core, try to see if you can disable 'HyperThreading' in your BIOS.
    In short, it will give you less 'virtual cores' and makes max uses of your physical cores. Resulting in a FPS boost (esp. for gaming).

For your reference:
    I am running on an Intel i7 950 with an Ati Radeon HD6970 and a resolution of 6000x1080.
    I manage to get between 110-140 FPS during a 25M raid. Before I disabled HyperThreading, it was on 30-61 FPS.

If this does not have the required outcome, check your motherboard's chipset, perhaps the lanes do not even allow all bandwidth do be used due to amount of PCI-e slots in use. I've seen enough people with triple SLI setups and then finally seeing them figure out that the 'PCI-E speed' has been reduced from 16x to 8x, resulting in an FPS drop. It would be a shame to spend money and see it go to waste.

If you are then absolutely certain you will need a new GPU, do your research. Don't go with the highest clock speeds, but check clocks speed and logical processors on the GPU. 10X10 is still slower than 100x5.

That's all I can think of for your journey

Good luck!