Poll: Should Warlocks receive a fully supported tanking specialization?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Really? I had thought the point of MG was to have Afflocks focus on single target when it's needed rather than having all DoTs and Shadow Embrace stacks on the boss, and then go multi-dot the non-crucial adds because Shadowbolting didn't do much, but I'm not that sure about how Aff went in Cata (I remember the Drain Lifing in Wrath was because Shadow Bolt was about as useful as Drain Life and at least DL gave life back). But that's getting offtopic from tanking (even though I really really miss Dark Pact).
    It is and it does, it was meant to replace the unpopular Shadow Embrace debuff, while at the same time offering the Cataclysm Drain Life build's purportedly popular 'feel'.

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH shamans were begging for a tank spec long long before locks were =p

I think it would be nice, vangeance would either give spell power or still attack power but make your pet deal more damage n stuff.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Really? I had thought the point of MG was to have Afflocks focus on single target
    It was the intent and it works, to an extent - it's arguably been toned down a little (ymmv), but affliction hasn't budged from being great at multidotting and demonology is doing absurd things with UVOLS.

I just don't consider it a good trade to go from
    1) Dominates the few multidot fights we get
    to
    2) Still very strong at multidot fights, now feels like a shadowpriest, plagued by a multidude of pvp problems over an entire expansion, having major problems balancing movement (KJC malarkey).

I'm glad they're trying to fix problems, the soul shard system did NOT work for affliction in Cata - it really needed a revamp, but I think the changes revolving around multidotting / MG were a case of swing and, not quite miss, but they hit the ball through someones window, breaking it and not accomplishing much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It was the intent and it works, to an extent - it's arguably been toned down a little (ymmv), but affliction hasn't budged from being great at multidotting and demonology is doing absurd things with UVOLS.

I just don't consider it a good trade to go from
    1) Dominates the few multidot fights we get
    to
    2) Still very strong at multidot fights, now feels like a shadowpriest, plagued by a multidude of pvp problems over an entire expansion, having major problems balancing movement (KJC malarkey).

I'm glad they're trying to fix problems, the soul shard system did NOT work for affliction in Cata - it really needed a revamp, but I think the changes revolving around multidotting / MG were a case of swing and, not quite miss, but they hit the ball through someones window, breaking it and not accomplishing much.
    Y'know, sorry to go off on a tangent, but is there anything left to say about warlock tanks anymore or are we just gonna focus on Afflocks in this thread xD I mean, sorry, I'm waiting for Brusalk or Voidspark to come in and start this back up on the pro-side with more than "I want" or "I don't want", but....

Actually, I'm going to go full circle and use this argument: Look at this small, immeasurable change: Affliction Warlocks, who previously Dotted and used Shadowbolt, get their nuke changed from a cast-time spell to a channel. Functionally, they're very much the same, you spend 2.5 seconds on Shadowbolt you get damage, you spend X seconds on MG (for lack of lookng at the full-cast time) you get damage. Sure, MG has the DoT mechanic on it, but arguably you spend the same time MGing as you do Shadow Bolting, or at least if the current rotation was the same save for the nuke the priority wouldn't be much different even if the feel and extra ticks are. Yet it's still a splitting factor in the community. Some people say it makes them feel like Shadow priests (personally I think channels make Aff feel as much as Shadow as cast-times make Destruction feel like Balance, it's just a mechanic that's honestly a little underused, but I digress, each to their own and valid opinions). Now this is a very small change, but big consequences, and it's a factor the community can't decide on because of those differences (Shadow Embrace vs Malefic Grasp's debuff) that make such a BIG difference in play. So, when you look at Warlock tanking in the view of the Affliction changes, you see that it'll probably be the one thing that wholly divides the Warlock community (heck, it's only really comparable to "Are Warlocks a pet class") if it's introduced. At least, that's my view on things, not being an elite or H raider I can't say much about the effects of Warlock tanking mechanically, whether ranged or not.

Anyway, thank you for clearing that up (I'm not a huge Affli fan admittedly). Got a bit tangenty there. Keep watching the skies... I mean skies. (That joke really doesn't work over text).