Poll: Would you consider PETA a terrorist organisation?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    pft, the idea of sea kittens were genius, everything that has to do with kittens is genius. hatters gonna hat

Deleted
    -Stop killing innocent animals. We will take them all in.
    -Oh shit, we don't have anymore money and space. Umm...let's kill them to make some room.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Well; there are two possible reasons:
    1: Food. Kill an animal for food? It's a waste to not use the skin and bones. So you wouldn't wear ermine, for instance, but you could wear sheep skins.
    (...)
    How is killing an animal for food different from killing it for its fur? They're both unnecessary luxuries. Everything you get out of eating meat can be replaced by supplements.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    How is killing an animal for food different from killing it for its fur? They're both unnecessary luxuries. Everything you get out of eating meat can be replaced by supplements.
    Maybe you can. I can't. My digestive system is not that good, and I need enzymes from animal products in order to process vitamins.
    Also, Vegas82 made a very valid point: If you can survive on artificial supplements, then the person in a luxury position is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Terrorism (Noun): The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Sounds like terrorism to me. Really though, I agree that they're really just a big group of hypocrites.
    If terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation, I'm pretty sure you could consider America a terrorist state.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    If terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation, I'm pretty sure you could consider America a terrorist state.
    It's not an uncommon sentiment, you know. So that might not be a good argument against the use of the term.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about whether their campaigns are in good taste, it has to do with whether they deliberately fund terrorism.

And they do. This isn't even up for debate; it's a confirmed fact that they have funded the ALF and ELF, which are known terrorist groups. So while they may not BE terrorists, they are definitely terrorist sympathizers and supporters, and that's a pretty damn thin line.

Well; there are two possible reasons:
    1: Food. Kill an animal for food? It's a waste to not use the skin and bones. So you wouldn't wear ermine, for instance, but you could wear sheep skins.
    2: Stupidity. Just not realizing that the items you have are made of animal products, but easy to rile up when a few horrible pictures are shown on television.
    I have a different theory minks and rabbits are cute cuddly creatures. cows are ugly stupid creatures, get my point
    and by the way rabbit is delicious

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you can. I can't. My digestive system is not that good, and I need enzymes from animal products in order to process vitamins.
    Also, Vegas82 made a very valid point: If you can survive on artificial supplements, then the person in a luxury position is you.
    You guys need to stop arguing about that part...
    You may need animal products, that's fine.... The next person has an allergy against red meat, the other person against fish, and another one against veggies..
    It's not that easy to categorize, really.

OT:
    PETA a terrorist organization? No, absolutely not. Are they hypocrite?
    Definitely, and as far as I know, one or the other government on state level are on their asses already.

As far as terrorism goes.. Please guys. People need to really stop their obsession with that term. We can go ahead and label more and more things and organizations just that. For all it needs is to sit back and wait. At some point it's become so epidemic that no one gives a flying fuck anymore, because we get used to it, and losing our sensibility to the real cases of terror.
    Oh look, another car bomb blew up. How many casualties this time? 5? GTFO.. Don't bother me with it, the last one had 20.... 5 is hardly worth mentioning..
    See where I am heading with this?

There need to be better animal protection laws. What we have is not nearly enough. But there's still a lot of work to be done, on so many aspects. From that angle, PETA is a good thing, because there are righteous people within the organization who truly fight for that. No doubt though, there are others as well.
    One thing I find very important, and that's Animal Shelters ran by the Humane Society or any other organization. They should not be allowed to kill animals that are totally healthy. Like for example the Humane Society shelter responsible for my county, they killing all dogs and cats that are in the shelter for 3 weeks. If they don't get adopted or picked up by their owners, they have to die. And that is bullshit.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I have a different theory minks and rabbits are cute cuddly creatures. cows are ugly stupid creatures, get my point
    and by the way rabbit is delicious
    Wild rabbits are delicious. The ones people breed in kennels at the farm are rather meh.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not about whether their campaigns are in good taste, it has to do with whether they deliberately fund terrorism.

And they do. This isn't even up for debate; it's a confirmed fact that they have funded the ALF and ELF, which are known terrorist groups. So while they may not BE terrorists, they are definitely terrorist sympathizers and supporters, and that's a pretty damn thin line.
    This is what I was going to post as well. I'd add that in addition actively funding terrorist organizations, many PETA members aren't particularly shy about saying what they think animal researchers "deserve".

10+ Year Old Account
    How would they be terrorists? They're are just a bunch of retards who apparently like being seen as retards because they keep spewing out idiotic comments. Remember when they said it was animal abuse for Mario to be wearing the Tanooki suit because it resembled Mario wearing the skin of a raccoon or something? Yeah I doubt even terrorists would be that stupid.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-06-17 at 03:09 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Point A:
    They don't ethically treat animals. Remember the Soy Dogs? The freezing rhesus monkeys? The starving ferrets? the vast majority of animals they 'rescue' being put to death even if not necessary at all? The fact that they wish to drive several species of domesticated animals to complete extinction (that's what'll happen when you 'free' domestic animals like cows and such, you know...) and, at the same time, cause major epidemics (rotting corpses in that magnitude will do that).
    To be quite frank: They may say they want ethical treatment of animals, but they pretty much torture animals in order to get heard. That's not very ethical, now is it?
    Point B: Humans are animals too, and 'people' does not strictly speaking specify species.
    Point C: Raise your right hand above your head, and swing it back really fast. 'cause that's what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You guys need to stop arguing about that part...
    You may need animal products, that's fine.... The next person has an allergy against red meat, the other person against fish, and another one against veggies..
    It's not that easy to categorize, really.
    No, it's not that easy to categorize. But I'm simply fed up with being called 'evil' or 'partaking in unnecessary cruelty' because not everyone is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Point C: Raise your right hand above your head, and swing it back really fast. 'cause that's what just happened.
    What exactly went over your head? The fact that PETA severely mistreats animals and is (both directly and indirectly) responsible for lots of animal cruelty, or the fact that 'people for ethical treatment of animals' should not by default exclude the ethical treatment of people since people are animals, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    If that's what you want to think, fine by me. Drawing comparisons doesn't detract from the statement that these guys are terrorists, no matter what the comparison is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    What exactly went over your head? The fact that PETA severely mistreats animals and is (both directly and indirectly) responsible for lots of animal cruelty, or the fact that 'people for ethical treatment of animals' should not by default exclude the ethical treatment of people since people are animals, too?
    If you raise your hand over your head - which is what I advised you to do, did something go over mine? No. While you're at it though, use both hands. If this still doesn't clarify the situation, in the next post I can draw you a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Shoot-off from the NRA thread.

Would you say PETA is a terrorist organisation? If yes, why?

I dislike PETA because they give animal welfare a bad name - to the point where you voice a concern about unnecessary cruelty to an animal, you get labelled a PETA member. I believe they started off with noble intentions (and shit, actually did stuff of note) - but as the years pass by they seem more and more concerned about getting attention through silly publicity stunts rather than actually helping animals. But some people have said they have actually terrorised/hurt people - is this true?

I actually agree with PETA on some stances (ie. glue traps are inhumane, factory farming needs serious attention, etc) but stuff like "sea kittens" just destroys any good work they actually do. That's where actual people in the back ground, the humane societies who actually help, shake their heads in disgust.
    Is it a terrorist organization in and of itself? Honestly, I couldn't say, I don't pay that much attention to them. However, the reason I don't pay attention to them is because I know enough to know they have funded terrorists before. Does funding terrorists make them terrorists? Hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If you raise your hand over your head - which is what I advised you to do, did something go over mine? No. While you're at it though, use both hands. If this still doesn't clarify the situation, in the next post I can draw you a picture.
    Look; you may sit back smugly accusing me of not getting it, but I'm afraid that trying to be offensive just isn't getting you anywhere. If you were being sarcastic in the first place, you've lost the chance to get my approval of your sarcasm by being a twat, and if you were actually serious, then you really simply don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    So you only care about labels and names? Talk about judging a book by its cover.
    What the hell are you implying here?

Misinterpret me some more why don't you.