Computer build (server rig) with gaming capabilities

Budget: 2k-3k euro
    Resolution: Everything above 1920x1080 would be viable. 1080p is all that's needed for me too.
    Games / Settings Desired Ultra + lots of extra capacity for VM's and video editting
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) 5 windows XP VM's and 1 linux VM + Video gaming at the same time on ultra (WoW, Diablo 3, GW2 for example)
    Country The Netherlands
    Parts that can be reused All the peripherals
    Do you need an OS? Yes, not sure what I would need here. Windows 7 ultimate vs Windows server 2008
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No

4 things to consider aswell:

- Ram speed vs Ram amount. 1333MHZ with 8 sticks or 4 sticks with 1600MHZ, I have no idea how much this will affect performance.
    - I only intend to run stock clocks mainly for stability. So no overclocking CPU, GPU and the likes.
    - Ability to run 3 monitors
    - I'm running VMware Workstation setups.

I have no idea if 2-3k is feasable for this setup, but I tried tomsharehardware for info and didn't get any response yet.

No idea if bumping is allowed every 24 hours or every 48 hours, but I also wanted to add that I want to run a possible 2 providers for the server. Would I need 2 different lan ports or could I solve this issue through other means?

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel like you might be better off with a $1500 gaming machine, and a $1000 server. Some of your wants conflict with the two different needs.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab