Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Thanks for posting this, finnaly some help from a blizy

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not a ret-con.

Yup, you're just denying it like many posters here.
    so nobody else has been able to resist the old golds when they come calling not even mighty dragon aspects but now somehow some dumb regular orc can resist the old gods coruption and actualy use it like a tool lmao that is so a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Being someone who mains a warlock and a warrior, I agree wholeheartedly.

@Kazomir: Demons corrupt too. Does that mean every Warlock will end up like Illidan? No. The weak-willed ones will. Strong-willed ones will dominate whatever source of power they're using, similar to Majin Vegeta (as I've made comparisons to in other threads). Weak willed ones will end up controlled by the power, similar to Kanrethad in the Green Fire quest chain.
    Wow ... I wonder if that statement was a dig at Xelnath (the Warlock developer who wound up getting fired)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    so nobody else has been able to resist the old golds when they come calling not even mighty dragon aspects but now somehow some dumb regular orc can resist the old gods coruption and actualy use it like a tool lmao that is so a retcon.
    You are working under the assumption that Garrosh is being influenced by the Old Gods. He is not. He is simply using the heart of a dead one to control the Sha and empower himself.

If anything, Garrosh is doing the same thing that Gul'dan did, used Kil'jaeden and Medivh to get more power and never losing the control himself.

He IS corrupted, but not possessed.
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so idiotic? It was obvious that he wasnt corrupted, hes been hunting for power ever since he picked the mantel of warchief, eaither people dont fucking read quests, or cant comprehend that lust for power =/= corruption.

Even with confirmation twice from Dave, people will still argue

FFS

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I told you he was just a dick but nooooooooo lets continue to say hes corrupted / OH GOD ANOTHER OLD GOD CORRUPTION

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    It's all about context. The old gods worked hard to mind rape Deathwing; they turned him into their personal engine of wanton destruction and used him to that effect.

Garrosh hasn't even been exposed to the old gods/sha yet, and when he finally is, he's infusing himself with their residual power (the heart of a deceased old god) for his own purposes. Yeah, he looks like a monster, but it's self-inflicted.

I don't see an inconsistency. Garrosh's experience with the old gods is the complete inverse of anything we've seen so far -- instead of old gods searching out mortals to corrupt, we have a mortal searching out deceased old god toys to utilize.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-06-17 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    He IS corrupted, but not possessed.
    How I view it. His mortal being is corrupted and no longer normal, there is no way he could go back from that form. Just because he can control it doesn't mean his body isn't corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Wow ... I wonder if that statement was a dig at Xelnath (the Warlock developer who wound up getting fired)
    No, I loved Xelnath, I was truly sad when I found out. He was perhaps the greatest thing that had happened to Warlocks in a while.

I was talking about Warlocks in general from a lore standpoint. Weak Warlocks get controlled; strong ones control demons and the power.

Deleted
    Just can't understand why blizzard writes is this way. How about coming up with something new? What will happen next, Will Anduin fight in Horde Arena's. Will Magni's grandson get turn in to stone. Will Tyrande use the skull of Gul'dan. Are you really that dried up on ideas?
    Hmm, lets have Garry use something to enhanc he's power! And lose control of himself, its not like we ever done that before. Oh well maybe, but not to a Hellscream!.... Oh wait..

Did he really have to make he's fathers mistake again. I hated he's gut from the second he came back to the horde, for he's warmongering. But atleast he had Thrall there to tell him about he's fathers mistake and redemption.

Deleted
    No, I loved Xelnath, I was truly sad when I found out. He was perhaps the greatest thing that had happened to Warlocks in a while.

I was talking about Warlocks in general from a lore standpoint. Weak Warlocks get controlled; strong ones control demons and the power.
    Like Gul'dan, for example. No one controlled him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly people that dont pay attention how he actually behaves or know about any of these comfirmations, will say ''luls lolz sha of pride corruption!! lamezz''

You can clearly see it if you check the comments any video regarding 5.4, its actually kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Like Gul'dan, for example. No one controlled him.
    His lust for more and more power (a danger all warlocks face) eventually got him though. His search for Sargeras' artifacts eventually wound up being his death.

Other than that though yeah, Gul'dan is a perfect example. His ending is similar to Garrosh's though, which I find funny.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    The sheer ignorance of some posters drives me insane, Dave Kosak tells you he is using it, not the other way round.

Some idiots still crawl out of the holes and scream "SHIET HES CORRUPTED" This is just to much to take.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Yes, and Arthas USED Frostmourne. This is no different, well, except that it looks ten times dumber and involves a character who's ten times dumber than he looks.

The fact that you have any faith at all in Blizzard's writing team is what's really sad. They have never shown themselves to be creative or interesting writers. At best, they take tired old tropes and literally -- literally -- just reverse them and then try to present that as new and awesome. Their drow are the nature-loving tree-dwellers while their high elves are the wicked arcanists. Oooh! Edgy and amazing!

What's more, their track record in WoW speaks for itself. Practically every single major threat they introduce to this insipidly-written game has either 1) been corrupted or 2) was the one corrupting. If it wasn't wretched, boring, little sap like Arthas or Illidian, it was some asinine old god or demon with about as much depth as a strand of hair.

So why should anyone think otherwise? Why should anyone listen to anything a Blizzard employee has to say when they constantly lie out their asses?

Well Garrosh has to be super strong in some way, it wouldn't make sense for us to fight a normal, though pretty strong, orc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yes, and Arthas USED Frostmourne. This is no different, well, except that it looks ten times dumber and involves a character who's ten times dumber than he looks.
    Arthas did "use" Frostmourne but he was never in charge. Ner'zhul and Frostmourne controlled Arthas, his destiny being written before he was born iIrc.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-06-17 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    His lust for more and more power (a danger all warlocks face) eventually got him though. His search for Sargeras' artifacts eventually wound up being his death.
    Sure, but no one controlled him until his last breath.

So Garrosh isn't corrupt. I guess he's just running with bi-polar disorder combined with maniac/paranoid schizophrenia. The only thing that would explain the extreme character shifts in very short time periods of time in different books, Cataclysm and now MoP.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauror made a very good point. It can be compared to Gul'dan's lust for demonic power, Garrosh resorted to Old god energy instead. Same thing.

Lust for power. period

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yet, Frostmourne had an entity behind it that driven Arthas all the way up to the sword, by using Mal'Ganis and Kel'thuzad.

No one driven Garrosh, he walked the way by himself, always in control.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So Garrosh isn't corrupt. I guess he's just running with bi-polar disorder combined with maniac/paranoid schizophrenia. The only thing that would explain the extreme character shifts in very short time periods of time in different books, Cataclysm and now MoP.
    Pretty much. He is a bipolar orc with daddy issues and need for validation.