10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    The only thing that I have noticed with Keep is that a bunch of choices from Awakening are missing. Especially the companion stuff like how you proceeded with Nathaniel or if you recruited Velanna and Sigrun.

Hopefully that´s still coming.
    Could be that its simply not mattering in the game what happened to those, introducing choices that do not change anything in Inquisition would be nothing but a placebo but id guess there is a few of those in there already in order to not upset people.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-30 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Could be that its simply not mattering in the game what happened to those, introducing choices that do not change anything in Inquisition would be nothing but a placebo but i suppose there is a few of those in there already.
    Yeah that actually came to my mind after writing the post. I suspect that there are only the choices that matter for DA:I like if you spared the Architect or defended the Keep/Amaranthine however then I thought about the fact that there are other choices for recruited followers too (like Sten and Wrynne) so either the Awakening companions are not important for DA:I or BW simply forgot to add them to Keep.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FYI the halla was actually the maker incognito and wanted to see what you would do.

JK
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be that its simply not mattering in the game what happened to those, introducing choices that do not change anything in Inquisition would be nothing but a placebo but id guess there is a few of those in there already in order to not upset people.
    I don't think they are going to miss a single important character, given the time they worked on the sequel. Most likely it is just the "beta" version of the Keep, so there aren't all the choices yet. Or, perhaps, there is some kind of canon they followed - like they (well, not they, but Obsidian) did in KotoR 2 where you make only a few major choices and everything else is decided for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that the characters that were mentioned in the Keep were the most important and will have lasting impact upon the story. Because that means Oghren will make an appearance and Oghren is brilliant.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think they are going to miss a single important character, given the time they worked on the sequel. Most likely it is just the "beta" version of the Keep, so there aren't all the choices yet. Or, perhaps, there is some kind of canon they followed - like they (well, not they, but Obsidian) did in KotoR 2 where you make only a few major choices and everything else is decided for you.
    would have to be a pretty major misstep to not have all the choices there 3 weeks before launch in what is essentially a stress testing phase, i don't think the awakening characthers play a very big role if any at all if they are not there now.

Deleted
    would have to be a pretty major misstep to not have all the choices there 3 weeks before launch in what is essentially a stress testing phase, i don't think the awakening characthers play a very big role if any at all if they are not there now.
    Yeah the longer I think about it the more it makes sense. I've googled the Awakening ending credits and there it says that both Velanna and Sigrun left Warden's Keep eventually. Sigrun is most likely dead by DA3 as the credits mention her dissapearing for her calling. Velanna can either return to her violent attacks of humans or dissapear in the Deap Roads after seeing her sister.

I mean Nathaniel made an appearance in DA2 as did Anders and the other Awakening characters didnt because they are either dead (Sigrun) or left to look for the sister or returned to attacking humans (Velanna)

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Epilogue_(Awakening)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway Keep will definitely help to bridge the remaining 19 days till DA:I as I constantly have ideas for new world states and my existing ones.

BTW: Am I the only one that lets characters like the Architect live in Keep to see if they have an appearance in DA:I? I never let the Architect live in my DA:O days but now I really want to know if he makes an appearance. I´m not sure if the Arishok shows up if you let him leave with Isabela tho but maybe I´ll let him live in my first keep save too.

BTW2: That Arishok stuff isn't a good idea because I´ve read on DA wiki that if the DA2 Arishok dies Sten was made Arishok and thats much cooler
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2014-10-31 at 10:56 AM.

The only thing that I have noticed with Keep is that a bunch of choices from Awakening are missing. Especially the companion stuff like how you proceeded with Nathaniel or if you recruited Velanna and Sigrun.

Hopefully that´s still coming.
    Nathaniel is dumped in the origins tapestry somewhere, not with Awakenings. I thought it was a bit odd.

I also didn't see any origin choices, but that could be a mage only thing.

Yeah the longer I think about it the more it makes sense. I've googled the Awakening ending credits and there it says that both Velanna and Sigrun left Warden's Keep eventually. Sigrun is most likely dead by DA3 as the credits mention her dissapearing for her calling. Velanna can either return to her violent attacks of humans or dissapear in the Deap Roads after seeing her sister.

I mean Nathaniel made an appearance in DA2 as did Anders and the other Awakening characters didnt because they are either dead (Sigrun) or left to look for the sister or returned to attacking humans (Velanna)

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Epilogue_(Awakening)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway Keep will definitely help to bridge the remaining 19 days till DA:I as I constantly have ideas for new world states and my existing ones.

BTW: Am I the only one that lets characters like the Architect live in Keep to see if they have an appearance in DA:I? I never let the Architect live in my DA:O days but now I really want to know if he makes an appearance. I´m not sure if the Arishok shows up if you let him leave with Isabela tho but maybe I´ll let him live in my first keep save too.

BTW2: That Arishok stuff isn't a good idea because I´ve read on DA wiki that if the DA2 Arishok dies Sten was made Arishok and thats much cooler
    Architect lives, the Arishok dies in my main playthrough.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Architect lives, the Arishok dies in my main playthrough.
    To kill or not to kill Architect was my biggest moral question, probably, in all Bioware games. Normally I never kill the characters by my own choice (only if they force me to) if there is an option not to (except for Loghain, since not killing him made Alistair leave). This guy however is a menace. Letting him go means that he will continue experimenting on innocent people and, perhaps, will cause other catastrophes in addition to awakening of the Archdemon.

After thinking for 20 minutes or so, I decided to let him live because I understood his goals - but I'm still not sure it was the right solution.

As for Arishok, it was easy: either he dies or Isabela - and I love Isabela!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://blog.bioware.com/2014/10/31/d...has-gone-gold/

Hopefully this means its pretty much bug free but that's just wishful thinking with semi open world ones.

With dragon Age soon out of the way i also hope we recieve some more serious news on the plans for the Mass Effect series.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-31 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares about Gold Versions, thats only releveant for people who buy a Retailcopy and have no Internet. And that is only the Console-Peasants. The Game will have a Day1 Patch, that hopefully fixes some Problems and adds Features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AffenMan View Post
    Who cares about Gold Versions, thats only releveant for people who buy a Retailcopy and have no Internet. And that is only the Console-Peasants. The Game will have a Day1 Patch, that hopefully fixes some Problems and adds Features.
    Even if I'm going to be playing on the PC, it going gold means it have reached a stage where the developers feels the game is pretty much done and ready for distribution with only thing remaining is patches to fix things like crashes and bugs if they appear in unexpected places where QA didn't encounter them.

If they have learnt their lessons about the pitfalls DA2 and ME3 took, that still remains to be seen.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-31 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    What exactly happen to those two? I assume it is on the PC side of it.
    Mass effect 3 was absolutely magnificent game with 40 hours of gameplay and people hated it because the last 15 minutes didn't live up to their hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Mass effect 3 was absolutely magnificent game with 40 hours of gameplay and people hated it because the last 15 minutes didn't live up to their hype.
    Pretty much.

It have its flaws but its still a great game for 95% of the time, except maybe the final mission. Did not play it until 2013 because of the massive shitstorm, which I'm happy for since i had the ending DLC available on my first own run. As for DA2, depends on the gameplay at this point really since they seem to have pretty much fixed the complaints about the world being repetitive.

10+ Year Old Account

Actual description of planned feature starts around ~50 seconds in but there's also this which will be a new feature of the keep, id assume it is to bridge the gap between Da2 and DA:I for those of us that did not read any novels.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-31 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    I know of the "outrage" those two caused... thought it was something about technical issues

It's just interesting to see many people hate the DA2 combat system when DA:I will be very similar (the fast paced part and one of many complaints of course)

Which reminds me... has anyone decided on the real time , tactical view, or both for combat in their first playthrough?

I'm probably going to mainly stick with real time and use the tactical view when I feel is necessary (perhaps on the big type of baddies)..

It's worse (in a good way XD) as it is with the heavy amount of dialogue... I don't like combat scenarios to drag out so long aswell XD.. just how I am in games
    Well DA 2 combat was pretty entertaining in my opinion. Dragon age origins combat was just way too slow. The only problem I had with DA 2 combat was the fact that they basically had no tactical combat in it. Also many people didn't like dragon age 2 story (I did), and the biggest problem with it was 80 % recycled areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know of the "outrage" those two caused... thought it was something about technical issues

It's just interesting to see many people hate the DA2 combat system when DA:I will be very similar (the fast paced part and one of many complaints of course)

Which reminds me... has anyone decided on the real time , tactical view, or both for combat in their first playthrough?

I'm probably going to mainly stick with real time and use the tactical view when I feel is necessary (perhaps on the big type of baddies)..

It's worse (in a good way XD) as it is with the heavy amount of dialogue... I don't like combat scenarios to drag out so long aswell XD.. just how I am in games
    Real Time is better for me.

Also will post my Dragon Age Keep tapestry in a bit. The spirit of Aeluron Lightsong will be felt in all of Dragon Age xD
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-10-31 at 11:57 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last court looks pretty good, when is it coming out and where do I pick it up
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The Last court looks pretty good, when is it coming out and where do I pick it up
    Will be a feature of the keep, video description says it will come out sometime before the release of DA:I which is probably within a week, 2 at most given how close launch is. There's also apparently a decision in there that will have an effect on DA:I because of statements in the comment section by uploader which works for bioware ( or is affiliated in some other manner )

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be a feature of the keep, video description says it will come out sometime before the release of DA:I which is probably within a week, 2 at most given how close launch is. There's also apparently a decision in there that will have an effect on DA:I because of statements in the comment section by uploader which works for bioware ( or is affiliated in some other manner )
    Cool thanks, I must have missed the release mention. This should help me kill the last couple of weeks till DAI comes out! GAH so much excite.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30