Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Love being corrupted into desire is logical, so what would the corrupted form of choice/will be? Probably despair or sloth.
    I thought hope was corrupted into despair.

could be right on sloth though, choice is just weird because it can branch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I thought hope was corrupted into despair.

could be right on sloth though, choice is just weird because it can branch
    Oh right, i forgot about hope.

Choice is a very strange choice, it's not a emotion as the rest but rather a cognitive function. It may be that he's just pretending to be a choice spirit when there really is no such thing. As far as i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be that he's just pretending to be a choice spirit when there really is no such thing. As far as i know.
    I figured he was just lying and there is no such thing as a choice spirit.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

hmm, from the wiki it looks more like "purpose" would go to sloth.

Spirit of Command - Envy?
    Spirit of Compassion - Rage?
    Spirit of Faith - Hunger would be the last available, but doesn't seem to fit well
    Spirit of Hope - Despair
    Spirit of Justice - Vengeance
    Spirit of Love - Desire
    Spirit of Purpose - Sloth?
    Spirit of Valor - Fear?
    Spirit of Wisdom - Pride

And further into it has Ishmael as a forbidden one, which it states as " a group of four unique and very powerful ancient demons. It is said that they are older than the darkspawn and the Tevinter Imperium. Some scholars think that they were the ones who taught the Magisters blood magic." so he might just not have a typical classification.

Deleted
    hmm, from the wiki it looks more like "purpose" would go to sloth.
    I would suspect
    Spirit of Command - Hunger
    Spirit of Compassion - Envy
    Spirit of Faith - Fear
    Spirit of Valor - Rage

I find it amusing that fear and despair are seperated when despair is just a stronger form of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I figured he was just lying and there is no such thing as a choice spirit.
    That's what i figured as well since he really tried hard to escape and then went down like a bitch so he may have been weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what i figured as well since he really tried hard to escape and then went down like a bitch so he may have been weak.
    I thought he was just easy because I was overleveled. I spent too long in Hinterlands and pretty much cake walked everything after except dragon fights. Actually wish I had the option to turn off xp a few times.

Was scaling content really that big of a complaint before?

I would suspect
    Spirit of Command - Hunger
    Spirit of Compassion - Envy
    Spirit of Faith - Fear
    Spirit of Valor - Rage

I find it amusing that fear and despair are seperated when despair is just a stronger form of fear.
    Yours make a lot more sense, heh.

I think it's because one is a despair of self and one is a fear of [insert]. so one's more spiritual, if that's such a thing for spirits

Deleted
    Yours make a lot more sense, heh.
    Corruption is a very logical thing. It's simply improvement at a price. Like fire. Or performance enhancing drugs.

How is the combat in this one? I'm worried to buy it because I heard the combat is very lackluster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Dunmer have a history of enslaving all races that weren't high elves and dunmer. In the time of the game Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online, their island kingdom exploded as the massive volcano on it erupted, and the dunmer had to flee.
    Their current suffering was just payback for the centuries of oppressing the other races.

So no, the dunmer aren't innocent at all.
    Not really saying they're innocent, only that they were treated as second class citizens, at least in Skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Wasn't Imshael a Desire Demon? I could have sworn he was. Certainly sounded like one anyway.
    He was, sort of, but he never took the form of the succubi we see in DAO and DA2

- - - Updated - - -

I find it amusing that fear and despair are seperated when despair is just a stronger form of fear..
    True, but there are subtle differences to fear and despair. One can be fearful and still have hope. You could say that despair is fear without hope. When one is in despair, they've basically given up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    How is the combat in this one? I'm worried to buy it because I heard the combat is very lackluster.
    I thought it was fine. The only real difference between DA2 and DAI is that there is no autoattack. Instead, you hold the mouse button (or attack button whatever it is on a controller) to do your basic attack. Otherwise, it's a basic hotkey combat system.

The only part I found lackluster was the lack of a tactics screen like DAO and DA2 has.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    True, but there are subtle differences to fear and despair. One can be fearful and still have hope. You could say that despair is fear without hope. When one is in despair, they've basically given up.
    Exactly, despair is the stage when fear overwhelms your mind, the next strongest form of fear that disables you. Do fear demons evolve into despair demons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There is one secret boss in DAI. IT is accessible after you finish the game. It's name is Isthatit and you can find him in the Skyhold's main hall.
    Are you serious? Haven't found any secret boss in Skyhold on my post ending character and google doesnt mention Isthatit either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Are you serious? Haven't found any secret boss in Skyhold on my post ending character and google doesnt mention Isthatit either.
    I think it's a joke. You get to the end of the game and go "is that it?"
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that it? No one have beaten that boss yet, btw.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    You really should change your name back, you no longer deserve the current one.

Clunky and made for consoles.

If you play on PC you will most likely feel it's the worst in the series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

If you play with a keyboard and mouse. Don't forget that the masterrace have assimilate the control of lesser consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I uh . . . felt it was the best in the series . . . but that's just me.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I uh . . . felt it was the best in the series . . . but that's just me.
    I agree wholeheartedly on this sentiment. Every game has given me more control and better control of the player character, much like the ME series. It's less Baldur's Gate influenced than DAO was, but the latest iteration does have its own feel, and I enjoy it.

I also like the idea that I can lean back in my chair with a controller and still benefit from my "glorious PC master race" rig.

- - - Updated - - -

If you play with a keyboard and mouse. Don't forget that the masterrace have assimilate the control of lesser consoles.
    Amen. Its about time the filthy casuals bestowed a gift of earth, water, and dual analogs to their betters.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2014-12-30 at 11:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not bad. Though it depends on which part you are talking about. No autoattack, only eight skill slots, no alt weapon set, simplified skill trees, no kill moves, barebone tactics, the barrier/guard/healing weirdness, mounts but no mounted combat, and the pace still seems a bit too slow for "actiony." But its not bad per se.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2014-12-31 at 12:38 AM. Reason: More stuff