10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That thing at 1:36, is it a new Ancient Rock Wraith? The dude was pain in DA2 to fight...
    Probably wont be that bad, since DA:I as a whole is a lot easier on nightmare than DA2 was.

That said, they definitely have my attention with something seeming like a storydriven dungeon crawl rather than more open world nonsense.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-08-07 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit... This DLC is lookin pretty good. I may have to trade in my 360 version for the PS4 version so I can pick it up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why a website called "Christian Today" is covering Dragon Age, but it looks like Descent won't be the last DA:I story DLC.

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...ture/61382.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Not sure why a website called "Christian Today" is covering Dragon Age, but it looks like Descent won't be the last DA:I story DLC.

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...ture/61382.htm
    lolwut. that's pretty funny, but glad to hear. i hate it when the story ends in single player games, that's why i play mmos so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I caved . Picked up DAI for the PS4! At what point should I pick up the DLC? Can it be done post game I'm planning to use Dorian, Sera and Iron Bull, so there shouldn't be any problems with the people that leave

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Welp, I caved . Picked up DAI for the PS4! At what point should I pick up the DLC? Can it be done post game I'm planning to use Dorian, Sera and Iron Bull, so there shouldn't be any problems with the people that leave
    Recommended level is 20, so pretty close to end game I think. I bought Jaws of Hakkon and I've been playing it with my endgame character on Nightmare and damn the fucking Avvar hit like trucks. Sometimes I just get oneshot out of no where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recommended level is 20, so pretty close to end game I think. I bought Jaws of Hakkon and I've been playing it with my endgame character on Nightmare and damn the fucking Avvar hit like trucks. Sometimes I just get oneshot out of no where.
    Endgame it is :P, or maybe "End Game" where you've done everything except the last battle.

I'm guessing the new DLC is in the same place, tbh since I've already completed this game a bajillion times and you don't actually GET anything for finishing, I might leave my save with just the last mission left to do, so when they release further DLC (which they've said they will) I can jump in and do it on a maxed out Inquisitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why a website called "Christian Today" is covering Dragon Age
    Well, it is quite clear. Notice how it is called "Christian Today". So today, but not tomorrow. Tomorrow they all sleep with hot Desire Demons!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endgame it is :P, or maybe "End Game" where you've done everything except the last battle.

I'm guessing the new DLC is in the same place, tbh since I've already completed this game a bajillion times and you don't actually GET anything for finishing, I might leave my save with just the last mission left to do, so when they release further DLC (which they've said they will) I can jump in and do it on a maxed out Inquisitor.
    I did it on my save file where I had already beaten the game on and they made a few references to that. Only reason I can think of for you to hold off beating the game is if one of the characters you like using leaves because of story related reasons at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it on my save file where I had already beaten the game on and they made a few references to that. Only reason I can think of for you to hold off beating the game is if one of the characters you like using leaves because of story related reasons at the end.
    They reference the final events?... Interesting...

Might be worth wrapping everything up then, would be interesting for them to add ACTUAL end game content, stuff that can only be done post game, like they did for DAO with Awakenings.

10+ Year Old Account
    They reference the final events?... Interesting...

Might be worth wrapping everything up then, would be interesting for them to add ACTUAL end game content, stuff that can only be done post game, like they did for DAO with Awakenings.
    It is pretty minor references, but it acknowledges that you've beaten the game.

Deleted
    It is pretty minor references, but it acknowledges that you've beaten the game.
    Can't expect more from BioWare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Can't expect more from BioWare.
    Can't expect more from DLC. Usually it's Expansions that explore the story past the main game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't expect more from DLC. Usually it's Expansions that explore the story past the main game.
    Awakening magically resurrects the warden if you choose to import from a save were the dark ritual wasn't done. Bioware doesn't do that even in Expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Awakening magically resurrects the warden if you choose to import from a save were the dark ritual wasn't done. Bioware doesn't do that even in Expansions.
    Gameplay > Lore

No one probably knew when they finished DA:O that they'd be able to play a story set after the events of DA:O. Would you rather they have to play through the game again so they can import their character?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay > Lore

No one probably knew when they finished DA:O that they'd be able to play a story set after the events of DA:O. Would you rather they have to play through the game again so they can import their character?
    Id rather it imports the events of DA:O but forces the player into the shoes of the Orlesian warden replacement.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that awakening gives you a clean-slate french warden if your character died and doesn't just spring a jesus on us.
    Besides, the ritual is always done with either Alistair or Loghain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Id rather it imports the events of DA:O but forces the player into the shoes of the Orlesian warden replacement.
    That's the magic of choice. Some people want to play as their Warden, but didn't know that having him die in the main game would cause him to be unplayable in the expansion.

If your Warden died you can still choose to play as the Orlesian warden.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the magic of choice. Some people want to play as their Warden, but didn't know that having him die in the main game would cause him to be unplayable in the expansion.

If your Warden died you can still choose to play as the Orlesian warden.
    I haven't argued against that, only the statement that Bioware somehow cares about continuity outside of minor changes in expansions.

Deleted
    If anyone thinks that they do then they obviously haven't touched any of their DLCs.
    When was the last time one of their DLCs actually mattered, even slightly? Probably Shadow Broker and it's importance in ME3 was shallow at best. Just another mediocre spynetwork that can't keep up with Cerberus.

Still better than Dragon Age where all you get is "We once went into this cave, and fuck me it was dark."

As far as proper expansions go, isn't Awakening the only one? Or did one of the Baldurs have one?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2015-08-11 at 02:29 PM.