Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I guess the opposite is true for me. I think crafting a kickass sword from the bones of a dragon I have killed, getting the stats and look I want, is far more enthralling than finding an ancient weapon in a box in a cave. I feel like such a weapon is more like to harm me falling apart in my hands than my enemy :P
    But.... wouldn't a dragon sword forged and enchanted with the magic of the Old Imperium be much stronger than a sword that's only made from dragon bone?

If someone still uses said unique weapons they're obviously in good condition.

Not to mention the smiths in Dragon Age's current age can't be as good as they were in the past. Only Wade and a few others can actually work dragonbone ( and I only said a few others because I can't recall whether or not he said he's the only one ).

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Not sure if its been mentioned already but

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...be422f72000004

BioWare has announced future Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC will only be released for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The developer has confirmed any future story DLC will not be coming to PS3 and Xbox 360, and as such it's releasing a new save transfer tool as part of the upcoming July Patch 8.

Transfer to and from PC won't initially be possible and unfortunately you'll be unable to transfer across console families, meaning PlayStation and Xbox owners will need to remain so in order to take advantage of the offer. On the plus side, promotional items carry over and previously-released DLC like Jaws of Hakkon or Spoils of the Avvar will be free on the new consoles if you've already bought them.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

there's also a new $5 dlc coming with qunari armor and stuff.

kinda sleazy, honestly. but it looks kinda cool.

i mean, it and the avvar pack wouldn't be sleazy, if it had more that two fucking armor sets... make it worth it at least. some castle shit ain't worth $5.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-07-07 at 11:42 AM.

BioWare has announced future Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC will only be released for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The developer has confirmed any future story DLC will not be coming to PS3 and Xbox 360
    Lmao, talk about getting backstabbed.

there's also a new $5 dlc coming with qunari armor and stuff.
    Or you could play Witcher 3, where they don't make you pay even more for stuff that should be in the game.

i'd play the witcher, but i hate geralt so much. $5 for two armor sets and a horse is sleazy, but the whole world of the witcher is about as sleazy as something you'd think was made by teenagers with raging hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd play the witcher, but i hate geralt so much. $5 for two armor sets and a horse is sleazy, but the whole world of the witcher is about as sleazy as something you'd think was made by teenagers with raging hormones.

Ah yes, The Witcher is mysoginistic and horrible.

Meanwhile, Dragon Age fans get to '' Ride the bull ''. The epitome of maturity and good writing right there.

Geralt has more depth than the whole cast of DA2 and DAI put together.

He actually has a personality.

it's an option.... geralt can fuck anything that moves. it's pathetic really.

and i just don't like playing as a male. it bugs me.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-07-07 at 12:09 PM.

And why is that wrong? He's a legend, one of the best sword fighters in the world and a hero.

At least the writing quality isn't shit, unlike Bioware's romances.

i don't like sluts, in games or in real life, male or female. i view them as lesser beings than me.

and i just don't like playing as a male. it bugs me.

Then say so instead of making up reasons as to why The Witcher is worse. It's superior to Dragon Age in just about every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    And why is that wrong? He's a legend, one of the best sword fighters in the world and a hero.

I agree on both accounts at least in rpg games if we were talking geralt vs jrpg i know someone better
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

i don't like sluts, in games or in real life, male or female. i view them as lesser beings than me.
    Slut is a subjective term. Most women would sleep with say Ryan Gosling if he asked them to.

Why would the women in the witcher world be held accountable for it?

- - - Updated - - -

And Geralt being a slut loses any negative meaning when you realise he's immune to STDs and sterile, so he's not going around spreading herpes and siring bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also i think Geralt only fucks like 2 women Yennefer and Triss throughout witcher 3

- - - Updated - - -

Much much less than the books

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Also i think Geralt only fucks like 2 women Yennefer and Triss throughout witcher 3

- - - Updated - - -

Much much less than the books
    I really need to read them eventually.

I only wish the author was english. I don't like reading translations, you lose the author's touch.

I think the keyword is "can". You don't have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm actually conflicted as hell right now. don't want to start over again, since it'd be like my 20th time doing so(literally)... but i kinda wanna romance solas.

but i also kinda want to romance bull as a qunari.
    Its weird, but interesting. My "canon" playthrough is a Female Dalish Elf Mage (Knight-Enchanter impresses Solas since its based on the old Elven Arcane Warriors). While romancing Solas and keeping him in my group the entire time, you basically get to see a Dalish Elf get her beliefs crushed over and over again as Solas basically tells her everything she believes in is wrong. There are some really touching scenes (imo of course), and if you also can manage to travel with Cole then you get some of the best insight into the world, the game, and where things might be heading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Its weird, but interesting. My "canon" playthrough is a Female Dalish Elf Mage (Knight-Enchanter impresses Solas since its based on the old Elven Arcane Warriors). While romancing Solas and keeping him in my group the entire time, you basically get to see a Dalish Elf get her beliefs crushed over and over again as Solas basically tells her everything she believes in is wrong. There are some really touching scenes (imo of course), and if you also can manage to travel with Cole then you get some of the best insight into the world, the game, and where things might be heading.
    Ah nice, only issue i have with DAI is that theres no official mod support even then they fuck over the modders with every new patch on PC

dammit, i thought mods would work the same way with inquisition as it does with skyrim and stuff... this looks complicated.

all i want is that sweet pony tail mod, but i gotta know computer shit to get it v.v

- - - Updated - - -

is there any lore for what all these golden angel statues represent? found them in a valammar, and if i remember correctly there were some in the dwarven ruins in dragon age 2, too. but i might be remembering that wrong.

they're winged women, there's also golden statues that look exactly like the elven owl statues. just re-used assets? or hinting at something more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I think the writing/stories in both games is pretty shit.

In the case of Inquisition... The writing/story suffers immensely because of your freedom to play different races/classes... They show you time and again how elves are hated... How mages are hated... And how elven mages are especially hated. But then they make an elven mage Inquisitor, no big deal... Rarely, if ever, is the player being an elven mage brought up... When it is, it usually goes like "ewwww you're an elven mage!" and then the conversation proceeds normally as if you were the human noble... You walk into a party of nobles hosted by the Empress as an elven mage no big deal... The only difference between human noble and elven mage on that mission is that elven mages start the mission with 10 less crowd appeal than a human noble... Its silly, in my opinion, and the weakish writing is made all the more weak.

In the case of the Witcher, which I guess is more on the book than the games since they are just based on the books. Everyone knows who Geralt is... As you say, he is a legend... People know he and other Witchers have saved countless humans... Yet he still faces prejudice? And he gets hit with the shit talk from one group of people, and the next group are all crying his praise and trying to bang him... Plus a lot of the writing in the games is weak, and made even weaker by assuming the player knows everything in the universe... I never played Witcher 1 and 2 for very long, so I don't know much getting into Witcher 3... But even back trying to play Witcher 1... Like within the first ten minutes they are name dropping all these characters, describing all this shit, talking all this backstory... And I am just sitting there like "wtf are these people talking about?" I never read the books, watched the films, etc... I don't know what any of that shit they are talking about is... But it is all discussed nonchalantly as if anyone who plays knows what is going on?

---------------------

I enjoy the story/writing of Mass Effect 2 and 3 before the endings. Mass Effect 2 was outstanding, in my opinion... Right up until the end when its like "LOL HUMAN REAPER TROLOLOLOL" that was fucking retarded... And then, obviously the ME3 endings... All shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I think the keyword is "can". You don't have to.
    Still can't fuck a mermaid/siren.