Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    How can the woman be the primary earner in 40% of families if they are earning less than the man?
    It is a commentary more on the sad and unfortunate increase in "single mother households" than anything else. The study isn't not saying that "for 40% of MARRIED COUPLES, the primary earners are women". If the study was confined to households where both a man and a woman were "wage earners", it would probably be more like "5% of women are primary earners".

But the study was designed to produce absolute bullcrap because of the flawed and inaccurate nature of its methodology. The study is a terrible study to use for the reasons it is being used & quoted in the media. No - the study just took a look at the total universe of all wage-earners and made no distinctions for single parent homes, women who voluntarily withdrew from the work force, women who CHOOSE not to participate in careers at all, or women who choose not to engage in dangerous (but higher paying) jobs. It was a stupid study designed by people with an agenda to produce ONE bullet point line that could be repeated by idiots on network news programs, blogs, Jezebel, feminist magazines, and other misinformation outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by sony4eva View Post
    Nobody has picked up on the fact that the question itself doesnt make any sense.

It is stupider than the answer.

"In 40% of families, the woman is the primary earner, but they earn less than men".

How can the woman be the primary earner in 40% of families if they are earning less than the man?
    In those families, perhaps the man doesn't work or works a minimum wage job while the woman does not. It's not difficult at all to construct a scenario where the first half of the sentence is true. The second half of the sentence would be a general statement about the whole population. It's not rocket science to decipher what people mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has picked up on the fact that the question itself doesnt make any sense.

It is stupider than the answer.

"In 40% of families, the woman is the primary earner, but they earn less than men".

This is assuming that all men earn, and all families have fathers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I never understood the promoting of their "airheadedess" .. either prepare these girls for these questions, or don't ask them. What's the point of asking them anyway?
    Because they're representing their states, and nobody wants a dumb bitch representing their state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    In those families, perhaps the man doesn't work or works a minimum wage job while the woman does not. It's not difficult at all to construct a scenario where the first half of the sentence is true. The second half of the sentence would be a general statement about the whole population. It's not rocket science to decipher what people mean.
    Or perhaps you get to learn that when you actually break down general sweeping statements, they turn out to be 99% bullshit.

Did you see what I did there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I never understood the promoting of their "airheadedness" .. either prepare these girls for these questions, or don't ask them. What's the point of asking them anyway?
    hasn´t helped sarah palin... at least those girls are only miss something
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Or perhaps you get to learn that when you actually break down general sweeping statements, they turn out to be 99% bullshit.

Did you see what I did there?
    You're missing the point. Regardless of the truth of either half of the sentence, the second half of the sentence does not nullify the first half as you suggested. I'm not arguing that it's true or false, I'm just arguing that your conclusion that the question doesn't make sense is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    She looked nervous as hell, poor girl.
    I think a lot of people who like to judge so quickly forget this. It's very easy to lose your nerve and completely freeze or trip over yourself when you're talking on national TV (and likely to end up on YouTube, etc) in front of so many people. From what I've read, the question was sort of a surprise that she didn't have time to prepare/think about anyway, which makes it worse.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-19 at 06:15 PM.

Seems like she is handling it well, though.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v093dn5OKuE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

I think shes kinda the prime example now of why they don't earn more than men
    This is a terrible idea to open a thread with.

Closing