[Music] Tried making some drum & bass ^_^

Hey all,

Not sure if there's a place for it on here, but I wanted to share a drum and bass tune I tried making in a software called Fruity Loops! Here's a link:

https://soundcloud.com/zoopofficial/...ass-in-yo-face

I'm not one of those "Amg come look at my tunes get me views so I can make $$$ like skillrex". It's been a hobby of mine for a while, and I love sharing things I've made for people to (hopefully!) enjoy

That kind of music isn't really my cup of tea, but one thing stood out where I personally think you could tweak it a bit is the delay/echo during the middle breakdown kind of part (50 seconds in or so). The extra delay sounds rushed compared to the rest of the beat. I don't know if that makes sense. I didn't hate it though, so thumbs up for that (as I said, not my kind of music).

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    That kind of music isn't really my cup of tea, but one thing stood out where I personally think you could tweak it a bit is the delay/echo during the middle breakdown kind of part (50 seconds in or so). The extra delay sounds rushed compared to the rest of the beat. I don't know if that makes sense. I didn't hate it though, so thumbs up for that (as I said, not my kind of music).
    I can definitely take a look at that! Seems these type of projects are never done, haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Work on the mid section. The beginning and end sound pretty polished and professional, but from about 0:44 to 1:17 I think you lost it. Basically the middle part was a bit dull and empty feeling. At the beginning and end, on the other hand, you've got a lot going on, and it's very interesting. So if you can add some life to that part in the middle, I think you'll have something really good.

Sorry, I'm trying my best to give helpful critiquing, but I cannot describe things to save my life...