Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

iPod and iTunes not playing well together

I suppose this is the correct forum for this, so here goes...

After calling Apple and being told I need to pay them $20 just for them to talk to me, I promptly hung up on their machine. I turned to the internet, but any "solution" I could find involved just checking some settings that ultimately did nothing.

I've updated all my iTunes (and apple software), I'm running Win 7 as my OS, my iPod is a Classic purchased in '08. What is occurring is that iTunes will run perfectly until I try to connect my iPod to my computer, then iTunes will just lock up. I can click other windows and my computer runs just fine, but iTunes won't budge. I can't click on anything, I can't even move the window. But the second I disconnect my iPod, iTunes works again and tosses me a "Can not find device" error message. Any clues?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I would do is try with the same cable and ipod on another computer to verify that one of those isn't an issue. Maybe reinstall iTunes. Also try a different port. It may not be the problem, however I would verify that those -arent- first.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried different USB ports already
    Tried a different computer
    Tried re-installing iTunes already

I even had a spare iPod cable that I tried to verify that it's not the cable too.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's only on one computer, and it works fine on other computers with the same parts, is what you're saying?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    iTunes did the same thing on another computer, sorry I wasn't specific about that. I was getting the same behavior regardless of the computer, USB port or cord.

15+ Year Old Account
    then it's the device. i'd try resetting the device completely and then plugging it in
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right