Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anybody know any good documentaries about the Ancient Egyptians?

I'm really interested in the Ancient Egyptians, does anybody know any good documentaries about them.
    About the pharoahs and the pyramids?

Thanks

Have you never seen the documentary, 'Stargate'?

I know an extremely good documentary on ancient egypt. The problem is that my link is in french. I'm sure you can fing the translation on you tube. (look at "revelations on the pyramids" or something like that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtTkzL8ZeYE

It says that they knew the science of metrology and mechanical engineering in a day when they were supposed to live in caverns. Me and my friends speak about this documentary since we saw it. Egyptology is lying to us and there is something more important going on there.

By the way, they knew the meter, PI and PHI. I designed the Kheops pyramid on autocad and made all the mathematics, this documentary is insane.

edit: This is the link in english. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2ZmG7bAAQ
    You need to see it if you are interested in the science beind the pyramids.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2013-06-19 at 01:33 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the documentary Ancient Aliens is a pretty decent and accurate portrayal of some aspects of the ancient Egyptians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    No i havent. but i will look for it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If i remember correctly. Ancient Egyptians fell with the rise of Jews with Moses as their prophet.
    Actually from what I heard there was no actual archaeological evidence of the exodus taking place (no sign of the kind of trouble that would arise when your entire workforce up and leaves), although there were references to the twelve plagues.

You should all see the documentary I linked in post #4.

Hurry up, new links are deleted at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    Damn you beat me to it :<

OP there's an enormous amount written and produced on Ancient Egypt. Honestly just start searching around and see where it takes you in terms of interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Actually from what I heard there was no actual archaeological evidence of the exodus taking place (no sign of the kind of trouble that would arise when your entire workforce up and leaves), although there were references to the twelve plagues.
    It did happen, they wrote a book and made a film about it. There was even a song...let my people go!.

People don't lie.

Deleted
    What ?! There are things ppl still don't know about the ancient egyptians ?! With the knowledge being thrown at you from everywhere, I feel like I could lecture an actual professor about them.

15+ Year Old Account
    the egyptian mythology was something i always found facinating as a kid. we have such boring religions now -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    I think the documentary Ancient Aliens is a pretty decent and accurate portrayal of some aspects of the ancient Egyptians.
    Post 5, that took a while!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

There's no real point. Sadly, history is written by the victor. None of us will ever know real history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    There's no real point. Sadly, history is written by the victor. None of us will ever know real history.
    History is not something based on immaculate neutrality. Never has been and people striving for that are usually not neutral themselves. So history is not about approximating absolute neutrality. History is mostly about collecting puzzle pieces even those coloured by ideologies, propaganda and lies. Because if there is a source then there is a piece of collective memory. The more pieces you have the more easily you can detect revisionism. It is however important to pursue history not as pointer for a morale compass for humanity but to keep track of human development, culture, language, religion, ideologies, philosophies, technologies, discoveries, inventions and human character itself. It also helps to remember and admire the works and deeds of people who have long passed.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    History is not something based on immaculate neutrality. Never has been and people striving for that are usually not neutral themselves. So history is not about approximating absolute neutrality. History is mostly about collecting puzzle pieces even those coloured by ideologies, propaganda and lies. Because if there is a source then there is a piece of collective memory. The more pieces you have the more easily you can detect revisionism. It is however important to pursue history not as pointer for a morale compass for humanity but to keep track of human development, culture, language, religion, ideologies, philosophies, technologies, discoveries, inventions and human character itself. It also helps to remember and admire the works and deeds of people who have long passed.
    Interesting, you're in Germany. Still paying reparations for inflated numbers and baseless claims (lampshades)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, you're in Germany. Still paying reparations for inflated numbers and baseless claims (lampshades)?
    Holocaust denial...classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Holocaust denial...classy.
    Believes in lampshade theory, typical.

This is the EXACT reason why I said victors write the history books. The act of even questioning something is looked down on. And yet generation after generation of Germans are cursed by the action of a single man. To pay reparations FOREVER! And if I bring this up? Oh then I deny the entire holocaust, right?
    Last edited by Tesclo; 2013-06-19 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believes in lampshade theory, typical.

This is the EXACT reason why I said victors write the history books. The act of even questioning something is looked down on.
    That lampshades exist? Huh?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    If i remember correctly. Ancient Egyptians fell with the rise of Jews with Moses as their prophet. They were stories in the Qur'an that referred to the ancient egyptians as the greatest doctors in the world. They have had a cure for Diabetes. but to me i consider them legends which we will never know. everything you will read won't assure you. perhaps you could go to a public library and ask about them.
    hmmmmm....
    My knowledge is a different one...
    As far as I know the ancient Egypt empire collapsed due to natural disaster. Geological evidence points to an at least 10 years drought which basically destroyed all food resources, and resulted in a total collapse of the Empire.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That lampshades exist? Huh?
    The LIE was that Jews were turned into lampshades during ww2 that people still to this day believe. But it's for another thread.