Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another issue I forgot to mention. Aside from the common PWM flicker some people tend to note the side effects of of FRC (frame rate control) but since its not a stroboscope effect like PWM flicker it is usually not associated with any kind of sickness. FRC is the dithering technique used to emulate a true colour spectrum on a constant image causes colours to flicker if they change between shades. This technique is used in panels based on TN, e-IPS or cPVA technology but not in others like IPS/S-IPS etc.. However it is most notable at TN due to generally lower colour and contrast fidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    [...]IPS is also pretty overhyped.
    With no pun intended this pretty much depends on the angle. For work purposes I'd always suggest an IPS panel over a TN panel due to higher colour precision and fidelity and a more calm image. For graphics works a 10-bit (14 bit 3D LUT) IPS panel is imho a must if it involves HDR imaging work.
    For gaming it really depends, if you are into competitive gaming requiring low input lag and fast response then TN panel wins, same if you don't want to spend much cash on a monitor. Otherwise if you just want a compromise between image quality and response time then an e-IPS panel these days has become an affordable choice as well. On the other hand AH-IPS panels seem to become more affordable while also having low input lags and fast response as well.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-06-21 at 10:56 PM. Reason: addition
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!