Thread: Wireless HDMI

Wireless HDMI

Anyone have any experience with wireless HDMI transmitters? Been thinking about getting one to stream games/TV/movies but I know next to nothing about how well they work. What kind of range are we talking, and are there any quality loss or latency issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with wireless HDMI transmitters? Been thinking about getting one to stream games/TV/movies but I know next to nothing about how well they work. What kind of range are we talking, and are there any quality loss or latency issues?
    I've got one. The quality is very good, it does full 1080p. There is a slight delay though, a few tenths of a second, so I would not recommend using it for playing games, but TV and movies it works spectacularly for, as long as you also use the audio portion of the HDMI signal so the audio and video are synced.

I'm not stressing the range too much, maybe 15-20 feet without going through a wall. It claims to be higher than that, but I haven't personally tried it. But I've been quite pleased so far. It was a bit expensive when I got one, the price may have dropped recently.

This is what I was looking at. If lag isn't too bad I think it would be okay to use for casual games and such, which is all I was hoping for. Range says 30ft. but some reviews say less, some say it works up to 100ft. I figure $110 is a pretty good price considering most of the other ones I've looked at are ~$200.

Thanks for the help, anyone else with firsthand experience is welcome to chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game