Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Brewmasters are currently a Damage Dealer with insane survival in PvE, so they really don't need that change.

I can see Vengeance being scrapped soon. It was (if I recall) almost seen as a temporary fix when implemented. With active mitigation almost incorporated into every tanking class neatly, they can then put some time into Tank DPS, and scrap Vengeance, which is a mechanic I personally think sucks ass.

I do LFR... its really not fun getting stuck standing off on the sidelines doing nothing for fear of getting agro back.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Brewmasters are currently a Damage Dealer with insane survival in PvE, so they really don't need that change.

I can see Vengeance being scrapped soon. It was (if I recall) almost seen as a temporary fix when implemented. With active mitigation almost incorporated into every tanking class neatly, they can then put some time into Tank DPS, and scrap Vengeance, which is a mechanic I personally think sucks ass.
    Vengeance was supposed to help with tank scaling. In the past tanks scaled backwards on threat... while everyone else was producing more threat. But we also got insane threat mods now which gives us a massive amount of threat. Honestly we have WAY more vengeance than we really need and if they adjusted tank damage up a bit and our threat up a bit they could do away with vengeance and probably make us all easier to balance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make it easier to taunt swap if tank 2 has crap for vengeance, especially if there are High-vengeance diseases or deep wounds on the target (Boss can swap back even if tank #1 stops doing any rotational crap)

AKA: It's coming for Brewmasters, or they don't think Brew needs it. It'll be the first, though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    they didn't change monk threat because monks don't need it. They are increasing the threat of tanks that just CAN'T keep up with monks once vengeance is in place. Simple story really.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    they didn't change monk threat because monks don't need it. They are increasing the threat of tanks that just CAN'T keep up with monks once vengeance is in place. Simple story really.
    OR...they didn't get to updating the tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad to see that so far they appear interested in improving the underperforming tanks instead of nerfing the strong ones. Doesn't help that my other tank is a bear and until fairly recently their taunt was bugged and not transferring vengeance.

Plus we are still all waiting to see how they handle vengeance capping which will bring all spec's down if the % is low enough.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

"All taunt type abilities now increase all threat generated against the target while the taunt is active by 200%."

Looks like we are getting it.

The only reason this change is needed is because of Vengeance. Take that away, coupled with this change, and no more issues. Vengeance was a stop gap fix that lasted way too many patches. If they do a stat squish, then it might not be as bad again, but right now it is horrendous in design with scaling.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Vengeance was supposed to help with tank scaling. In the past tanks scaled backwards on threat... while everyone else was producing more threat. But we also got insane threat mods now which gives us a massive amount of threat. Honestly we have WAY more vengeance than we really need and if they adjusted tank damage up a bit and our threat up a bit they could do away with vengeance and probably make us all easier to balance.
    With no Vengeance, the tanks that rely on self-healing will be squishier than a two-month-old banana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    With no Vengeance, the tanks that rely on self-healing will be squishier than a two-month-old banana.
    Which is why they would change the scaling and base healing of those abilities, it's logic after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    I am hoping that the riposte addition will bring up my warrior and DK co-tanks somewhat. On most tank swaps, I have been rolling away and using CJL. Even then, I still have higher threat than my co-tank (140k CJL ticks are a bit silly).
    I still think that Protadins and DKs are backwards....

Protadins should be the ones in Parry/Dodge/Mastery gear while DK's should be the ones in DPS plate.....blizz dropped the ball here.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.