Thread: Ridiculous Boss

Ridiculous Boss

So I'm bartender and I do my job well and what not. The owner of the restaurant tells me to clean something and I said yeah no problem, but the place was very busy and I was tending to my tables. He comes up, and ask if I did it yet and I said yeah and then right after, wait no, I will get to it soon, and he goes off on a tirade about me lying. I go down later and apologize at which point he gets huffy again and tells me he came down to cool off because he was going to punch me in my face.

Couple guys come in close to closing boss is okay with it and they get served. He sends me a text to bring down plates for the wash, the thing is I don't pay attention to my phone when I am working and there is a bell so why he text me? I don't know. He gets an atitude about it again.

I see the manager next day and tell him about it and he says the owner has been off lately and he has to go to work and miss his friends funeral because the owner is going to the beach.

You have an asshole of an owner for sure.

Heh. He texts you and expects you to respond while you're working the bar? That's 100% no-no. Employees at a bar/restaurant should never be fiddling with phones in front of customers.

Either see if your boss gets better, or just deal with it, or use that job to jump to another one.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Sounds like he's having other issues in his life and he's taking it out on you unintentionally. Nobody would reasonably want to punch you in the face for that and he wouldn't be texting you if he was in a regular state. That or he's just a hotheaded dumbass.