Can you get a runestone off lei shen then come back and kill him for the heart?

At 11/12 this week...just want to make sure i can kill lei shen then do lfr again and get the heart IN THE SAME WEEK.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You can only get drop off your first kill that week.

Edit: If I'm wrong, I'll be very glad.
    Last edited by Abstieg; 2013-06-20 at 05:12 AM.

Yes you can get the Heart the same week as finishing the Titan runestones. Just gotto run it a second time after you got the heart quest. -did so this week-

each quest step is it's own drop so last secret go quest then kill for a rune or get last rune boom heart.

Deleted
    Its confirmed yes you can. Yesterday i killed Lei shen in LFR for last titan runestone and then i run again the same part same night to loot the heart Good luck at next challenge

Yes, you can. My guild leader did this on Tuesday.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Just wanna confirm, i did this yesterday

Yeah you can do that. Did the week I finished the 5.2 and 5.3 questlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    each quest step is it's own drop so last secret go quest then kill for a rune or get last rune boom heart.
    I couldn't loot a runestone after I killed lei shen earlier that week without a quest (after the guaranteed hotfix already rolled in). It seems the secret -> runestone part either bugged out for me or you're partially wrong :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    I couldn't loot a runestone after I killed lei shen earlier that week without a quest (after the guaranteed hotfix already rolled in). It seems the secret -> runestone part either bugged out for me or you're partially wrong :P
    If you haven't the quest, it's logical to not droop quest object.
    I can confirm that you can get rune-stone on Lei-shen then redo it and loot the Heart.

Beware, Lei-shen need to be looted (clique on the corps) to obtain it !!!

Deleted
    Yes you can, done it and saw others doing it too this week. You have to loot Lei shen for the Heart though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    If you haven't the quest, it's logical to not droop quest object.
    I can confirm that you can get rune-stone on Lei-shen then redo it and loot the Heart.

Beware, Lei-shen need to be looted (clique on the corps) to obtain it !!!
    Nah, you misunderstood.
    1. I killed the Lei Shen with a secrets of the empire quest, dropped my final secret (20/20)
    2. Turned in the quest, picked up runestone quest.
    3. Killed Lei Shen the very same week, with runestone quest in my log, didn't drop runestone.
    So, should he drop it (which would mean he bugged out then)? Or is it working as intended?

It's true it seems he doesn't drop Runestones after the being saved for him while on the Secrets quest. However, it seems he does drop the Heart. My guess would be this is because Runestones and Secrets are assigned to drop in the same way as items, while the Heart is received by looting. I can confirm this was the same, earlier in the questline, where you had to loot the essence of the Sha of Fear. I could do that, even though I was already saved for that boss, having run him before I got the quest for his heart.

Deleted
    Yes, he can drop the heart and one runestone the same week. I killed him twice in a row in LFR and got the cloack.

Deleted
    Yes you can. I had the same problem, needed 1 and got it from Lei-Shen in LFR, turned the quest in and got the Heart quest then went back to LFR killed him again and got the heart. Just remember, you have to loot the corpse for the heart.

Yes, it drops. Did it yesterday / EU server.

Deleted
    ye you should be able too

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got my 12 stone by killing lei shen for it then going right back into lfr lei shen and killing him again for his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Nah, you misunderstood.
    1. I killed the Lei Shen with a secrets of the empire quest, dropped my final secret (20/20)
    2. Turned in the quest, picked up runestone quest.
    3. Killed Lei Shen the very same week, with runestone quest in my log, didn't drop runestone.
    So, should he drop it (which would mean he bugged out then)? Or is it working as intended?
    working as intended. Mechanically, LFR has a 100% chance to award you a Titan's Runestone, which still counts towards your one-chance-at-loot-per-week allotment for each LFR boss, for killing Lei Shen whereas the heart has to be physically looted from his corpse.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2013-06-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I did this when I got my cloak. Got the last runestone in LFR. Did the quest. Queued for LFR again, killed Lei Shen, got his heart.