Poll: You support PRISM or not???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

do you think PRISM should not exist??

seriusly, obama's screwing it big this time, the whole world hates us now because of our prez's survelliance, i mean, yeah we've always known they've spied on US, but not the whole world. it was still a huge shocker for me though, like, u log onto facebook, and some1 from NSA is tracking u, that's just plain out creepy, no offense.

maybe they should just call it quits and scrap the whole thing, IMO, what do u guys think about this?

EDIT: i voted NEVER, btw
    Last edited by assassin8197; 2013-06-21 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin8197 View Post
    the whole world hates us now because of our prez's survelliance,
    lol the whole world has hated us longer than you have been alive. But yes prism is a good idea and should continue despite any backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lol the whole world has hated us longer than you have been alive. But yes prism is a good idea and should continue despite any backlash.
    true that, 1st part i mean. but do u think there's rlly these people on top whos trying to control everything, every part of our lives, on purpose, like this huge global elite? like, these sites i go on, they say ALOT about this kinda crap, these ppl been controlling stuff for 100s of yrs, making wars and crazy shit like that.

The concept that your entire life is under surveillance should never be one that should be supported. To invite it is to invite an end to liberty and all freedom.

Give them an inch and a government will always take a few hundred miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The concept that your entire life is under surveillance should never be one that should be supported. To invite it is to invite an end to liberty and all freedom.

Give them an inch and a government will always take a few hundred miles.
    A few THOUSAND miles at least, cant believe we dont give a crap anymore, it's like a whole crazy part of this sick game being played by ppl we dont know about

EDIT: and WE'RE the pupppets in this game, lmao

P.S. if u think this is nuthing today, wait 50 yrs from now on, it will ONLY - get- WORSE. mark my words + see.
    Last edited by assassin8197; 2013-06-21 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    I don' see what the fuss is about. I've got nothing to hide anyway. It's not like we didn't know this has been going on. If anything the fact they're being open about it just gives me more respect for them than the whole "we never did nuffin" bollocks we've been spun in the past.

Deleted
    true that, 1st part i mean. but do u think there's rlly these people on top whos trying to control everything, every part of our lives, on purpose, like this huge global elite? like, these sites i go on, they say ALOT about this kinda crap, these ppl been controlling stuff for 100s of yrs, making wars and crazy shit like that.
    Those people wear tin foil hats.

I don't understand why people are so protective of their privacy, you are 1 in a billion, I doubt the government cares if you are into Watersports.

I'd rather be monitored by a system that can prevent a future terrorist attack than kick up a fuss over nothing then witness innocent people die in a preventable attack.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-06-21 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Those people wear tin foil hats.

I don't understand why people are so protective of their privacy, you are 1 in a billion, I doubt the government cares if you are into Watersports.

I'd rather be monitored by a system that can prevent a future terrorist attack than kick up a fuss over nothing then witness innocent people die in a preventable attack.
    dude, THATS the excuse the gov't uses, to control us all. maybe even THEY don't know theyre doing it, maybe they're also being controlled..

but kk, privacy means everything to some ppl. maybe not to hardcore liberals, but to evry1 else...and do you RLLY think they do this crap to protect us? no other reason???

A few THOUSAND miles at least, cant believe we dont give a crap anymore, it's like a whole crazy part of this sick game being played by ppl we dont know about

EDIT: and WE'RE the pupppets in this game, lmao

P.S. if u think this is nuthing today, wait 50 yrs from now on, it will ONLY - get- WORSE. mark my words + see.

And here is a prime example of why History should be forced on all schools around the world.

About 300 years ago, you could be killed just because your neighbor accused you of treason. No trial, nothing, you're just put to death. The ruling class had that much power, and no cameras, no internet, nothing to prove otherwise, just the word of someone you barely knew.

In modern times, only people who spill government secrets are the ones accused of treason, because they are traitors. We're able to prove someone's innocence due to surveillance and investigation. So they monitor the internet, big fat deal. The only ones who complain about that are the ones who are afraid to get caught for doing whatever bad things they are. We have progressed, not gone backwards, and it will only become better in the future.

When people can be killed by the government when someone accuses another without any proof at all, then we can start to worry, but that's not going to happen ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When people can be killed by the government when someone accuses another without any proof at all, then we can start to worry, but that's not going to happen ever again.
    yo, its happened before, hasnt it? what, u think that US is some perfect nation that cant do wrong, that our gov't is just "for the greater good"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I don' see what the fuss is about. I've got nothing to hide anyway. It's not like we didn't know this has been going on. If anything the fact they're being open about it just gives me more respect for them than the whole "we never did nuffin" bollocks we've been spun in the past.
    Then you're equally comfortable with installing closed circuit cameras in each room of your house, right? You have nothing to hide.
    And they haven't been open about it whatsoever. The only reason we know is because someone outed them, and they're branding him a traitor. Even Congress is saying they're shocked how broadly the NSA has interpreted the law. And the NSA director lied saying US citizens were not being monitored, which has now come out to be false.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Let's paint a picture, shall we?

There's nothing wrong with them monitoring phone calls, they're just looking at the numbers called and how long the call lasts. That's not a big deal.
    Oh, it turns out they can listen to the entire conversation without a warrant and nothing more than an agent saying "yeah, seems legit to listen." That's not a big deal.
    Oh, it turns out they can confiscate all e-mails (tampering with physical mail is still a crime, btw), monitor facebook, monitor google searches. That's not a big deal, it's stopping terrorists.

And how often do these politicians trumpet the villainy and evils of the video game industry? How often do they blame video games for violence?

Let's speculate for a moment that a nightmare scenario occurs and these people who are completely out of touch with the people they represent and have not one clue about video games manage to garner support for banning video games.

Suddenly your hard drive, overnight, just became evidence of your criminal activities. Your hobby is now criminal, perhaps even arguably a basis for terrorism.

But when the monitoring and spying was first revealed, you said "oh it's okay."

Far fetched? Unrealistic? Could never happen?
    They said the same thing when 1984 was published. Yet look, we're living that novel right now. Perpetual wars in a society of perpetual surveillance.

I strongly believe in the quote, even if it's touted all over the place, "Those who would sacrifice liberty for temporary security shall have neither liberty nor security."

You invite terrorism from the government in the name of stopping terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Then you're equally comfortable with installing closed circuit cameras in each room of your house, right? You have nothing to hide.
    And they haven't been open about it whatsoever. The only reason we know is because someone outed them, and they're branding him a traitor. Even Congress is saying they're shocked how broadly the NSA has interpreted the law. And the NSA director lied saying US citizens were not being monitored, which has now come out to be false.

Let's paint a picture, shall we?

There's nothing wrong with them monitoring phone calls, they're just looking at the numbers called and how long the call lasts. That's not a big deal.
    Oh, it turns out they can listen to the entire conversation without a warrant and nothing more than an agent saying "yeah, seems legit to listen." That's not a big deal.
    Oh, it turns out they can confiscate all e-mails (tampering with physical mail is still a crime, btw), monitor facebook, monitor google searches. That's not a big deal, it's stopping terrorists.

And how often do these politicians trumpet the villainy and evils of the video game industry? How often do they blame video games for violence?

Let's speculate for a moment that a nightmare scenario occurs and these people who are completely out of touch with the people they represent and have not one clue about video games manage to garner support for banning video games.

Suddenly your hard drive, overnight, just became evidence of your criminal activities. Your hobby is now criminal, perhaps even arguably a basis for terrorism.

But when the monitoring and spying was first revealed, you said "oh it's okay."

Far fetched? Unrealistic? Could never happen?
    They said the same thing when 1984 was published. Yet look, we're living that novel right now. Perpetual wars in a society of perpetual surveillance.

I strongly believe in the quote, even if it's touted all over the place, "Those who would sacrifice liberty for temporary security shall have neither liberty nor security."

You invite terrorism from the government in the name of stopping terrorism.
    +100, totally agree, man

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    About 300 years ago, you could be killed just because your neighbor accused you of treason. No trial, nothing, you're just put to death. The ruling class had that much power, and no cameras, no internet, nothing to prove otherwise, just the word of someone you barely knew.
    About right now today you can be imprisoned without trial, lawyer, or any Constitutional rights because you're accused of suspected terrorism. Sure, you're not put to death, but you can be held indefinitely until it's decided otherwise.

Note... accused of suspected terrorism. You don't have to have proof brought against you. Why would you if you're not actually held on charges?

15+ Year Old Account
    I do NOT support this but your title asks if 'you think PRISM should not exist' and I pressed "YES" because yeah you get my point. Then I saw the "I do" part afterwards and read the Poll question so my answer is wrong.
    In no way should PRISM exist.

dude, THATS the excuse the gov't uses, to control us all. maybe even THEY don't know theyre doing it, maybe they're also being controlled..

but kk, privacy means everything to some ppl. maybe not to hardcore liberals, but to evry1 else...and do you RLLY think they do this crap to protect us? no other reason???
    What do they control with prism that they did not control before? I don't get your point and btw I hate liberals with a passion so please never lump me with those wackjobs down at msnbc.

Oh and I don't care for republicans and fox news either! I like to form my own opinions than you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk it just doesn't bother me at all. I didn't find this breaking news when it was released cause i just assumed it the whole time. They can listen to my phone calls, it's just me ordering food, talking to my friends about nothing, or my parents checking in. I actually feel bad for the person who has to do that.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

yo, its happened before, hasnt it? what, u think that US is some perfect nation that cant do wrong, that our gov't is just "for the greater good"?
    of course the government can make mistakes but yeah for the most part they are doing it for the greater good of their individual country... why else would you elect them?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Idk it just doesn't bother me at all. I didn't find this breaking news when it was released cause i just assumed it the whole time. They can listen to my phone calls, it's just me ordering food, talking to my friends about nothing, or my parents checking in. I actually feel bad for the person who has to do that.
    but who knows what ELSE they havent told us? you really think PRISM is evrything they have hidden? and like i said, who knows what might go down in a few generations' time?

for a nation that calls itself "land of the free", we sure seem to have TONS of secrets...and this is seriusly NOT helping build trust between US and its allies...
    Last edited by assassin8197; 2013-06-21 at 04:42 PM.

"There will be no loyalty except loyalty to the Party. But always there will be the intoxication of power. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever. The moral to be drawn from this dangerous nightmare situation is...don't let it happen."

10+ Year Old Account
    but who knows what ELSE they havent told us? you really think PRISM is evrything they have hidden? and like i said, who knows what might go down in a few generations' time?

for a nation that calls itself "land of the free", we sure seem to have TONS of secrets...
    Well naturally, the government has to keep secrets. And i honestly believe that is for our benefit. Maybe not Prism or things similar, we should have been told about that since it directly involves us, but other things that would just frighten us or tip off people they are trying to take care of shouldn't be disclosed. It could potentially get worse but i'd say they've been doing a pretty good job with stopping terrorist attacks. Boston was the exception but other than that I think they've kept us relatively safe. With our kind of lifestyles we have to give up something.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3