Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ty all for the responses... Instead of buying that Lenovo instead, would it be worth it to buy the $700 variant of the Acer Aspire with these specs? It also has a bigger screen than that Lenovo that was linked:

Acer Aspire V3-771G-6485 Notebook Intel Core i5 3230M(2.60GHz) 17.3" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I don't understand the laptop hate I have a two year old laptop: Acer Aspire 5741g (for the curious to google specs) and I run on ultra in 25s without any lag and can fraps 25s on good/fair (no shadows) at 30fps. Don't be afraid to buy a laptop for wow
    I couldn't imagine crouching over a tiny 13-19" laptop while raiding. I once played on a friends laptop and went to a heroic dungeon and that was bad enough.

I call bullshit on frapsing at 30fps. The HDD wouldn't be able to keep up nor the i3 processor, granted it's only 1366x768 but still no.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    30fps in 25man with $500 laptop is not possible. It would probably run at 10-15.
    I bought a Dell Inspiron for barely $500a few years ago for work related stuff... I ended up getting a laptop from work so I turned it into my portable WoW computer when I travel..

I have no problem getting 20-25 fps in a 25 man raid while running a full range of addons (as a Raid Lead you need quite a few) and voice chat also.

Yes, it is low settings, but that is fine for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I couldn't imagine crouching over a tiny 13-19" laptop while raiding. I once played on a friends laptop and went to a heroic dungeon and that was bad enough.

I call bullshit on frapsing at 30fps. The HDD wouldn't be able to keep up nor the i3 processor, granted it's only 1366x768 but still no.
    I have a youtube channel in my signature if you wanna check it out

And I call bullshit on all the people saying laptops give low fps. If you have a 5 year old laptop that already had bad specs when you bought it, then sure, anything else? I have a very hard time imagining. I run an addon heavy ui - rp addons, transmog addons, gold making addons, pet battle addons, combat addons - 63 addons atm, even with that my fps is good.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-06-23 at 11:22 AM.

I personally would rather pay the extra $99 for the upgrade from an it 3230m to have the i7-4770MQ. You're going from a dual to a quad core that is also haswell so will help with battery a bit. So will help a bit. Also, 2GB more RAM, 250GB more HDD (Both 5400rpm sadly, easily replaceable down the line though, no probs) And 750m > 730m

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index...eforce-gt-730m

For the $99 extra you're getting quite a bit more, not only for WoW, but for other gaming and multitasking needs imo.

Just my extra 2 cents. Hope you find a laptop that works!!

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 08:19 AM ----------

Which also, looking at this, down the road if you needed more graphics power, Lenovo has a pretty cool technology imo. You can buy another graphics adapter (ex. http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...=yes#techspecs) They dont' have a y410p model extension out yet, but still i imagine its a matter of time till they do, and not only that you can get extended batteries, a blu-ray drive, or extrended HDD's to put there and their all interchangeable. I mean, so if i was looking for high power portable gaming for a decent budget, that's where'd i'd be going. I almost bought one but decided to pay a little extra and build a PC. But if i ever come back to wanting portable, this is where i'll be starting.