Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    apart from vegetarians
    no they love it, they just refuse to eat it!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I think your taking it to literal.

What about using it as a psy tool? if it prevents some of tghe more indoctrinated fighters from fighting, wouldn't it be effective?
    One spark of thought in a person's brain unravels this truck-nuts conundrum.

There is an urban legend that General Pershing used this in the Philippines when they were waging holy war right before WWI. Whether it is actually true or not, is not exactly known. Snopes.com lists it as "undetermined". But it apparently worked, or something did, because they were stopped there for quite some time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    im gonna go out on a limb here and say that they probably know their religion better than you do.
    You'd be surprised.

But honestly, I highly doubt they'll actually know they've been shot with a bullet coated in pig blood anyway, they'll probably be more worried about the whole, you know, being shot thing. Also, hollow point bullets are illegal under the Geneva Convention, so you'd be hard pressed to find our military using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    bullets dipped in healthy food

Oh, and toothpaste covered bullets against the britts
    Bullets carved with "I'm not sorry!" for Canada!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Interesting idea. It would probably do more harm than good though.

I think your taking it to literal.

What about using it as a psy tool? if it prevents some of tghe more indoctrinated fighters from fighting, wouldn't it be effective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Still, completely over your head. It doesn't matter if the idea is complete bullshit to you. The idea is to make THEM think they'd automatically go to hell if they were shot with the ammo. It's completely irrelevant whether or not YOU believe they will.
    That's the thing. I highly doubt any radical would think they'd go to hell if they were shot with such bullets. Radicals believe they'd go to heaven if they were killed while fighting the holy war, regardless of how they are killed and what kills them. So these bullets are indeed a psychological tool, only they are aimed at those who fall for the bullshit and buy the bullets. I suspect mostly illegal militias will buy those. And because of the scarcity of talibans and radical muslims roaming the streets amongst the public, they will end up 'tainting' each other with the swine blood.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Still, completely over your head. It doesn't matter if the idea is complete bullshit to you. The idea is to make THEM think they'd automatically go to hell if they were shot with the ammo. It's completely irrelevant whether or not YOU believe they will.

Every time you fire a bullet, bits of the jacket (and whatever material is coating said jacket) are peeled off due to friction. Friction causes heat. Heat causes things to burn/evaporate/decompose. Why do you think guns require cleaning? This is (hopefully) high school level science here. You're either making a terrible attempt at discrediting someone, or you've just shown us your lack of knowledge on the subject.
    Again, nobody is going to buy into this that is worth the air they breathe.

And hooooooly shit what.

The bullet isn't bathed in fire previous to leaving the gun. That is counter-productive with how a gun works. Not even trace particle on the bullet is annihilated when it's fired lol. You could even soak the shit to fill in porous copper.

Right over your head

Every time you fire a bullet, bits of the jacket (and whatever material is coating said jacket) are peeled off due to friction. Friction causes heat. Heat causes things to burn/evaporate/decompose. Why do you think guns require cleaning? This is (hopefully) high school level science here. You're either making a terrible attempt at discrediting someone, or you've just shown us your lack of knowledge on the subject.

I concur, you hit the nail on the head.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:59 PM ----------

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that they probably know their religion better than you do.
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say...no many of them do not. You haven't been there so i can understand that you haven't experenced the culture firsthand. The majority of the people we are fighting in Afganistan can't read, let alone go into knowledgable theological debates.

It's a dumb idea, if anything it will just cause more deaths and more recruiting points for them.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Corleggy View Post
    It's a dumb idea, if anything it will just cause more deaths and more recruiting points for them.
    You may be right.

I was hoping to spark a debate with this thread, im glad it worked.

Honestly im suprised i haven't heard more moral indignation from the left on this.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say...no many of them do not. You haven't been there so i can understand that you haven't experenced the culture firsthand. The majority of the people we are fighting in Afganistan can't read, let alone go into knowledgable theological debates.
    that seems like a pretty basic thing for fanatic religious fundamentalists to not know.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 06:06 PM ----------

You may be right.

I was hoping to spark a debate with this thread, im glad it worked.

Honestly im suprised i haven't heard more moral indignation from the left on this.
    well all you're really accomplishing is vindicating their "the west is in a crusade against all muslims" spiel.

that seems like a pretty basic thing for fanatic religious fundamentalists to not know.

well all you're really accomplishing is vindicating their "the west is in a crusade against all muslims" spiel.
    You'd be shocked how much they do not know about their own religion.

I would compare it to the majority of christians during the dark ages. Bibles were written in latin, and most people couldn't read latin, so they relied on their priests to interpret the texts for them.

Honestly Darenyon, the majority of the people over there cannot even read a quaran, let alone deeply interpret the meanings behind religious rules.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 08:10 PM ----------

I'm not going to take a moral stance on it honestly.

I see it as a tool, if the fear of going to hell stops some of them from fighting, its worth the investment.

I think lots are missing the obvious irony. How exactly will these bullets make it to Afghanistan or other terrorist territories? Yes, they might work well as deterrents over there. Threaten a few illiterates n they might go all "OMG swine blood! I submit." But Jihawg knows these bullets probably won't leave the States. They say it right there in the article, "now Americans can defend themselves, their homes.. etc," as if they can't already do that. Perhaps they mean stock up on these projectiles in case of a terrorist invasion against the most powerful country in the world?
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

It is total BS, and the thing about them not knowing the ins and outs is also BS, it takes 1 imam to counter this in his sermon and poof there go your hillbilly bullets as psy war effect.

The thing is all terrorist of every kind can go hang themselves as they are all assholes but the simple thing is that the US trillion dollar warmachine still hasn't been able to shut them down god it took them years to find bin laden ffs.
    Sending troops en masse doesn't work, MOAB's had little to no effect, its Vietnam all over again if you look at it, but this time lots of sand instead of jungle.
    The only way to fight terror is with terror and you only need to look at the Vietnam war to see that this is true, all the troops had no effect, all the bombings in the north had no effect, the phoenix program on the other hand scared the living shit out of them.
    This entire shit mess is being kept alive by big business as they are making shitloads of money, if you want to end this then simple another phoenix program only far larger and every result posted on the damn internet and everything else.

Now I know there is rendition and torture going on already but it's not enough, winning their hearts and minds is not going to work, turning everything to ash will.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

You'd be shocked how much they do not know about their own religion.

I would compare it to the majority of christians during the dark ages. Bibles were written in latin, and most people couldn't read latin, so they relied on their priests to interpret the texts for them.

Honestly Darenyon, the majority of the people over there cannot even read a quaran, let alone deeply interpret the meanings behind religious rules.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 08:10 PM ----------

I'm not going to take a moral stance on it honestly.

I see it as a tool, if the fear of going to hell stops some of them from fighting, its worth the investment.
    well yeah thats the problem. the religious leaders could just say "nah you guys are good."

well yeah thats the problem. the religious leaders could just say "nah you guys are good."
    Yeah, you could be right. At the same time though, i imagine after hearing somrthing their entire life than having a trusted religious leader say "nope its all good" would be troubling..

10+ Year Old Account
    PETA is gonna have a field day with this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Tbh this is probably the biggest point regarding it. Suicide goes against Islamic beliefs, but a fatwah issued by a religious leader suddenly put suicide bombers in the street. One declares that the bullets arent an issue and they just become a non-issue for extremists.

i still dont see how this will stop them from being terrorists...