Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would argue that the race that has the least amount of lore in the whole game are the Gnomes. We know they like to build things, they are an offshoot of robots built by the titans...and that's about it. We know nothing of their customs, nothing about their history between the time they received the curse of flesh up until today...they're just there. Gnomes need some lore, big time. It's staggering, really, when you really stop and think about how much we just don't know about the Gnomes or their history or even just who they are on a basic level. They lack identity, even moreso than the Draenei. THINK ABOUT THAT! The Draenei, whom everyone agrees have almost zero presence in the Alliance and have had almost no role in the story, have far more established lore and story than the Gnomes do. Even the goblins have more history and development and identity than the Gnomes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The Kingdom of Kul Tiras with his powerful naval fleet commanded by his Lord Admiral Tandred Proudmoore
    Tandred Proudmoore does not exist.

https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/336503006268899328

The apparition of Queen Calia and her Scarlet Dawn to fight for reclaim Lordaeron
    We don't know if she is still alive, though there are hints in the Arthas novel that she is actually dead.

Reclaiming the Kingdom of Gilneas for their legitimate owners, which are not mascots of the night elves. Greymane City as a new fully capital city for the Alliance
    Won't happen for Gameplay reason, not to mention Lorewise the Gilneans already reclaimed their homeland, the forsaken are currently trying to get back in.

Expel the Dark Iron dwarves of the Alliance or at least create some conflicts with them. They have been a treacherous and dark race and an enemy of the other dwarf clans for generations, thus they can not be trusted of day to the next
    Only because they were enemies in the past does not mean they have to expelled, considering they are doing quite a bit for the Alliance at the moment, unlike the other clans

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 07:56 PM ----------

Why? Are you a member of the Horde perhaps? Then you should not be here ...

Anyway, the Paladins have been the flagship of the Alliance since Warcraft 2 as the Death Knights were for the Horde.
    In fact until recently, the Paladins were exclusive to the Alliance as the Shamans were to the Horde.
    Not every race in the Alliance has Paladins, so why should they become the Icon for the Alliance? It should be something every last one of their member races has.

Why? Are you a member of the Horde perhaps? Then you should not be here ...

Anyway, the Paladins have been the flagship of the Alliance since Warcraft 2 as the Death Knights were for the Horde.
    In fact until recently, the Paladins were exclusive to the Alliance as the Shamans were to the Horde.
    I just don't like Paladins. Too self-righteous.
    I don't think any class should be 'representative' of either of the two factions. I suggest we leave that to neutral factions like the Argent Crusade and the Cenarion Circle.

I agree with most of your other points, though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I speak for all alliance players when I say that we'd like some Cake. Or pie for the cake haters.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I just don't like Paladins. Too self-righteous.
    I don't think any class should be 'representative' of either of the two factions. I suggest we leave that to neutral factions like the Argent Crusade and the Cenarion Circle.

I agree with most of your other points, though.
    There was a time in which saying "Paladin" was saying "Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Tandred Proudmoore does not exist.

https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/336503006268899328

We don't know if she is still alive, though there are hints in the Arthas novel that she is actually dead.

Won't happen for Gameplay reason, not to mention Lorewise the Gilneans already reclaimed their homeland, the forsaken are currently trying to get back in.

Only because they were enemies in the past does not mean they have to expelled, considering they are doing quite a bit for the Alliance at the moment, unlike the other clans
    Obviously the demands of the Alliance will be missed by Blizzard, indeed, Blizzard will do their best to prevent them one by one, at the end of the day Blizzard prefers the Horde, everyone knows that.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-06-22 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    Do you really want a list of what the Alliance wants/needs?

In brief and in broad strokes we demand:

• The Kingdom of Kul Tiras with his powerful naval fleet commanded by his Lord Admiral Tandred Proudmoore
    • The kingdom of Stromgarde with the return of Danath Trollbane to stop the Forsaken advance
    • All the exiled high elves reunited and led by Alleria Windrunner being an important part of the Alliance (and the High Elves as a playable race)
    • Turalyon's return and the restoration of the Order of the Silver Hand headed by him. Making the paladins the representative class of the Alliance and Turalyon their champion
    • The apparition of Queen Calia and her Scarlet Dawn to fight for reclaim Lordaeron
    • Greater involvement of the Kirin Tor and Dalaran in the affairs of the Alliance, landing Dalaran over the Theramore ruins
    • More personality and self-sufficiency for all the non-human races, unlinking them somewhat from the Stormwind humans (Varian) making them less human dependent (specially the Nigh Elves) and giving them a greater role and prominence (for example making the Night Elves recover Ashenvale)
    • Reclaiming the Kingdom of Gilneas for their legitimate owners, which are not mascots of the night elves. Greymane City as a new fully capital city for the Alliance
    • Reconstruction of the district destroyed by Deathwing in Stormwind (perhaps making a elven district as "capital" for the Quel'dorei)
    • Making gnomes having finally have a decent capital: conquer Gnomeregan or re-found it elsewhere (a flyer technological robo-city for example)
    • Expel the Dark Iron dwarves of the Alliance or at least create some conflicts with them. They have been a treacherous and dark race and an enemy of the other dwarf clans for generations, thus they can not be trusted of day to the next

What else can you think of?
    Your wishes disgust Metzen.

Obviously the demands of the Alliance will be missed by Blizzard, indeed, Blizzard will do their best to prevent them one by one, at the end of the day Blizzard prefers the Horde, everyone knows that.
    Your other points were okay ,these are quite troublesome and conflicting with established lore. Blizzard obviously does not invest as much time into the Alliance, but demanding unreasonable things won't make it better. Just take one step at a time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    To ask why allies complain, is to ask why the leaves fall. It is their nature.

It doesn't matter what blizz does, you will still complain. Even if they did actually made alliance nuke OG so that there's only a big smoking crater, someone would come and bitch about what they get from a big smoking crater, and why horde got a new shiny capital instead.
    Except we wouldn't. We didn't cry in Wrath when we had a good story. We didn't cry in Vanilla or in BC. We had good story back then. We had victories. All Blizzard has to do is put litterally 50 NPCs into Gilneas and shut the damn wall and show the Alliance really took it back and I swear we will be happy. We want a victory for US. Not for US-AND THE HORDE. SoO is more of a Horde victory than an Alliance one-especially if we get no land out of it.

Deleted
    Whenever a new line of Action-Man toys come out, there are tons of good guy action figures and several villain action figures so the good guys have something to fight.

This is the purpose of the Alliance in wow, to be something for the horde fight, as far as Metzen is concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Your other points were okay ,these are quite troublesome and conflicting with established lore. Blizzard obviously does not invest as much time into the Alliance, but demanding unreasonable things won't make it better. Just take one step at a time.
    From my point of view is not unreasonable the appearance of "new" characters like Calia or Tandred (although a priori they have been neglected or rejected). Not would be the first time that Blizzard rectifies.

Nor it does not seem impossible that the Alliance fully recovers Gilneas... in return the Horde could have full control over Kezan (if Blizzard does not decide obliterate the isle permanently).

And as for the Dark Iron, the peace among the three dwarven clans would be boring in the long run, a little action or a civil war for control of Ironforge would be interesting ...

In any case, Blizzard is who has the last word, in its hand is the opportunity to compensate/reactivate the Alliance ... our demands are clear.

The Alliance will never be happy.

Okay, fine, the complainers will never be happy.

The recent Lorewalker story on the WoW site prompted HORDE BIAS claims because...there are Horde characters in it. Why hasn't Blizzard done a story where the Draenei get this kind of treatment? Why didn't the Worgen?

When I pointed out that there was a story with the Draenei getting the huge development of the Exodar running again on that very site, and the Worgen got a comic mini-series, the response was as follows:

"Well, yeah, the Velen story was published LAST."

You can't beat that, no matter how hard you try.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I would argue that the race that has the least amount of lore in the whole game are the Gnomes. We know they like to build things, they are an offshoot of robots built by the titans...and that's about it. We know nothing of their customs, nothing about their history between the time they received the curse of flesh up until today...they're just there. Gnomes need some lore, big time. It's staggering, really, when you really stop and think about how much we just don't know about the Gnomes or their history or even just who they are on a basic level. They lack identity, even moreso than the Draenei. THINK ABOUT THAT! The Draenei, whom everyone agrees have almost zero presence in the Alliance and have had almost no role in the story, have far more established lore and story than the Gnomes do. Even the goblins have more history and development and identity than the Gnomes do.
    They are the only true democracy in WoW. They had representatives on the Council of Tristfal.

I find it telling that all the races with the least amount of lore are all Alliance (Gnomes, Draenei, and Worgen). Just more proof that the WoW developers favor Horde.

From my point of view is not unreasonable the appearance of "new" characters like Calia or Tandred (although a priori they have been neglected or rejected). Not would be the first time that Blizzard rectifies.

Nor it does not seem impossible that the Alliance fully recovers Gilneas... in return the Horde could have full control over Kezan (if Blizzard does not decide obliterate the isle permanently).

And as for the Dark Iron, the peace among the three dwarven clans would be boring in the long run, a little action or a civil war for control of Ironforge would be interesting ...

In any case, Blizzard is who has the last word, in its hand is the opportunity to compensate/reactivate the Alliance ... our demands are clear.
    Tandred is already finished, he does not exist and is not needed, there are enough notable humans. Calia could still be alive and bring further conflict to Lordaeron, but isn't really needed either the conflict is strong enough as it is, it wouldn't change that much, both parties would still have a "claim" to the land.

The Alliance already has Gilneas, you are asking for another capital to gather dust, just for the sake of having it.

Oh there can still be conflict ,a real nice twist would be the bronzebeards screwing up and suffering some punishment.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-06-22 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    In all honesty, gnomes shouldn't even be a playable race. Very few ppl play gnomes seriously and not just some level 1-10 to troll people. Gnomes are a ridiculous race and not even funny like goblins. They really have very little appeal. So I won't hold it against Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    The Alliance will never be happy.

Okay, fine, the complainers will never be happy.

The recent Lorewalker story on the WoW site prompted HORDE BIAS claims because...there are Horde characters in it. Why hasn't Blizzard done a story where the Draenei get this kind of treatment? Why didn't the Worgen?

When I pointed out that there was a story with the Draenei getting the huge development of the Exodar running again on that very site, and the Worgen got a comic mini-series, the response was as follows:

"Well, yeah, the Velen story was published LAST."

You can't beat that, no matter how hard you try.
    And clueless Horde fanboy with his blinders and rose covered glasses (and strawman arguments) misses the point. We are upset because the majority of our lore happens in novels and stories, while the majority of the Horde lore happens in game. Plus, the developers spend there time on Horde development first, always leaving Allaince content on the cutting room floor because of 'time issues'. A big reason for that is the obvious personal bias of the developers, Metzen chiefly responsible as he is the one with the final say in the story and self admittedly can't tell a good Alliance story.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    In all honesty, gnomes shouldn't even be a playable race. Very few ppl play gnomes seriously and not just some level 1-10 to troll people. Gnomes are a ridiculous race and not even funny like goblins. They really have very little appeal. So I won't hold it against Metzen.
    More people play gnomes than play Panderan (of either faction), Dwarf and Goblin.
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2013-06-22 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Gnomes have lore,they are very intelligent and develop amazing technology. though they are the most annoying thing ingame for me. I despise their voices, I'd rather listen to someone scraping his nails over a board.

I can sum up what a lot of Alliance players want.

1) Lore to occur in game, and not the majority in novels.
    2) Stories that feel like we matter, not that we are an afterthought.
    3) Characters who are less shallow.
    4) Equal development resources. No more Alliance content cut for time because they worked on Horde first.

People wrongly assume that our problems with the story are about winning and losing, but its not. If there was a good storyline reason to destroy Thereamore (and at first it seems that way, but in the end all we get is a hole in the ground and we still have to share Dalaran) it wouldn't be bad. If there was a good story to us losing, we wouldnt mind that much. We don't mind that Stormwind has a giant hole in it and gates that still smolder, except for the fact that supposedly Ogrimmar was destroyed but there is no evidence of that fact save some scaffolding and that could be explained by Garrosh's upgrades. This is one time where we did get lore in game, but it there was not any reason for it. In fact, all it does is reinforce how much the developers prefer Horde. And that doen't always mean we want the same things to happen to both sides. The damage in Stormwind would have been fine if it had actually lead to something lorewise. The 'destruction' of Ogrimmar served to help build the legend of Orc Jesus taking his place as World Shaman, Aspect of Earth and Savior of Azeroth.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you really want a list of what the Alliance wants/needs?
    Thats what Alliance players want. And there is plenty.

What the Alliance needs is a: story. b: development c: a purpose and long term goals that aren't tied to the Horde.

The Kingdom of Kul Tiras with his powerful naval fleet commanded by his Lord Admiral Tandred Proudmoore
    Likely to happen next Xpac. I think Azshara is the next likely big bad and that kinda demands the island kingdom return. How, and in what form will be debatable. I suspect that a naga invasion/containment will be one excuse use to explain the loss of communication with Kul Tiras.

The kingdom of Stromgarde with the return of Danath Trollbane to stop the Forsaken advance
    Ditto.

All the exiled high elves reunited and led by Alleria Windrunner being an important part of the Alliance (and the High Elves as a playable race)
    **May*** happen. There are arguments for and against a HElf player race.

Turalyon's return and the restoration of the Order of the Silver Hand headed by him. Making the paladins the representative class of the Alliance and Turalyon their champion
    Turalyon return? Possible. Restoration of the Silver Hand? Its an iconic Alliance order but Tirion has it. There'd need to be somethign doen about the Argent Crusade/Dawn.

The apparition of Queen Calia and her Scarlet Dawn to fight for reclaim Lordaeron
    We don't know what happened Calia. We don't know if she is alive.

My personal opinion is that she offers too much story potential to simply never use, and that that potential exists only if she is Alliance. Having said that, she could end up Forsaken, Sylvy's replacement, a member of the Ebon Blade or Scourge, the next Lich Queen...or dead. HOWEVER - all of these threads here could be tied into the Alliances efforts against the Forsaken. Stromgarde, the Lordaeranian Exiles/Remnant/Loyalists/Royalists/whatever, Gilneas, the HElfs and even the Dwarves could be tied into containing the Forsaken and then driving them out.

Greater involvement of the Kirin Tor and Dalaran in the affairs of the Alliance, landing Dalaran over the Theramore ruins
    I don't think Dalaran needs to go to Theramore. Building up Northwatch and putting a new settlement close by - perhaps with an eye towards rebuilding the city would be enough. Dalaran would aid the Alliance more by looking after its own and returning to the crater.

All of this, however, is really only viable (gamewise) if the Forsaken become far far stronger than they are. Have they managed to work around the human-only limitation of the Val'kyr? Does Sylvanas have Frostmourne? Can she take control of the Scourge remnant in Lordaeran? If she can - can she do the same with the Ebon Blade?

Overall, there is a difference in what the Alliance wants, what it needs and what it can be given due to gameplay and resource limitations.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-06-23 at 09:30 AM.

Alliance will be allowed to eradicate gnomes while horde cant participate.

If that isnt fistpumping moment then I dont know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say Queen Calia shows up. She's undead, for this example. Does she still have rite to the throne of Lordaeron?

I don't think the northern human's even abandoned the kingdom, as majority of the Forsaken ARE the northern humans.

So, would Queenie get the Throne, or would Sylvanas keep it?

On-Topic. I HIGHLY doubt that the Forsaken would so lightly give up Lordaeron. As it is THEIR homeland, technically. I don't see an Alliance military station surviving up there for long, especially after what happened to the Alterac reinforcements, and Southshore. And with Garrosh de-throned, I think the Forsaken would pull a plague bomb on anything living out there, seeing as there would be no Garrosh-law to be enforced. UNLESS, the law was Adopted as part of the Horde rules.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.