Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Cooldown Ideas

Let's say you could add, change, or replace existing ones with something more interesting. What would you do?

Here's some of my ideas:

Rapid Fire
    Instant X min cooldown
    Reduces the time between auto-shots to 0.5 seconds for X seconds.
    - Could have a cast time to simulate filling your hand with a bunch of arrows.

Imbued Arrows (Survival)
    Instant X min cooldown
    Imbues your next 10 arrows with one of three elements (poison, fire, frost) randomly to increase your mastery, crit, and haste by X for X seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
    - This would be like having Wrath of Unchaining, only you'd receive up to 3 different buffs with varying stacks.

Murder of Kittens
    Instant X min cooldown
    Summons a kitten or cub of random species every second for 30 seconds to attack the target. Each kitten/cub will last for 30 seconds. If Readiness is used before this ability is over, they will continue to spawn until the target dies or goes immune.
    - Or just have a glyph to replace the crows with kittens. :P

Deleted
    Something that works would suffice.

just no... just no... stop adding more spells to fill in our bars.

What ever happened to the talents from the early days of MoP ptr? The arrow ones that were sort of like this one?

I honestly think those would be a pretty awesome, although passive, level 87 ability. If I remember correctly (don't feel like googling) there was arcane arrow, poison arrow, and frost arrow as our choices. All did different things, I'm unsure of what arcane did, but I remember poison stacked a debuff on the target, dealing damage. Frost slowed, I believe. Honestly, bringing this back as a level 87 passive, with a different passive arrow for each spec could be a fun way to give each spec some flavor back.

[Delete Class] 7 Years, Instant...just the way blizzard is unable to fix this class for years now is disgusting...

Deleted
    I like how the OP made a thread for some fun and people instantly come here and complain about class balance...
    >_>
    OT: Hmmmm a cd...
    Incendiary Arrow - 2 second cast time - 45 seconds cooldown.
    The hunter lights up an arrow with explosive properties, aiming and firing it in a straight line dealing X dmg to the target. Upon impact the arrow explodes debuffing the target and all enemies around it with Burning Flesh, inflicting Y dmg for 15 seconds and slowing their movement speed by 60%.
    Here is mine. I really don't find Explosive shot that cool looking so something fiery on a much larger scale will probably look pretty ^_^

Deleted
    I'd rather not have more buttons on my bars, already struggling on that count (while trying to keep my pretty UI looking tidy).

I'd rather see some changes baked into our existing abilities. Rapid Fire & Stampede could do with having something more about them.
    Rapid Fire
    Increases ranged haste by 40% for 15s.
    While Rapid Fire is active your Pet is imbued with the following property;
    Beast Mastery: Your pet's attacks apply a disease to the target that deals x damage. This can stack 5 times.
    Marksmanship: Yours and your pet's attacks have a chance to apply bleeding wounds that increase your damage done to the target by 2%. This can stack 5 times.
    Survival: Yours and your pet's attacks are imbued with the power of the elements dealing an extra 5% damage of a random element.

Stampede
    Summons all of your pets to fight your current target for 20 sec. Your pets deal 175% of their normal damage while summoned this way. While your pets are active, all allies gain an additional 100% bonus to their highest secondary stat.

Probably OP in their current form but it would be nice to have a better reason to use them as they're somewhat underwhelming at the moment. If you don't like the numbers, ignore them, I'm not a dev & don't know how good/bad these would be, especially in PvP. At least perhaps appreciate the idea perhaps? :P

Deleted
    I would honestly trade my soul if I could swam my opponent with an angry mob of rabid kittens.

Anyway, there is no high flat crit for a short duration buff in the game yet. It would fit the Hunter class really well too. Once Aspect of the Hawk is baked in we could have a new ''Aspect of the Hawk''. Something in the lines of the Hunter taking on the aspect of a Hawk, increasing everyone's accuracy. Provides 20% crit chance for 10 seconds.

While we're at it they might as well give us Aspect of the Wild back. Without us being forced to nerf our own damage, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I would honestly trade my soul if I could swam my opponent with an angry mob of rabid kittens.

Anyway, there is no high flat crit for a short duration buff in the game yet. It would fit the Hunter class really well too. Once Aspect of the Hawk is baked in we could have a new ''Aspect of the Hawk''. Something in the lines of the Hunter taking on the aspect of a Hawk, increasing everyone's accuracy. Provides 20% crit chance for 10 seconds.

While we're at it they might as well give us Aspect of the Wild back. Without us being forced to nerf our own damage, please.
    While the idea would be awesome to have a crit CD for the raid, Hunters would become mandatory for all 25m raid groups to have 3 or so. Giving the raid a +20% DPS(in theory, other classes can gain way more, like Warriors/Fire mages) for 10 seconds is too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    While the idea would be awesome to have a crit CD for the raid, Hunters would become mandatory for all 25m raid groups to have 3 or so. Giving the raid a +20% DPS(in theory, other classes can gain way more, like Warriors/Fire mages) for 10 seconds is too much.
    Well it was a random example, but how is that any different from Skull Banner or Bloodlust?

I always thought it would be neat if they made Piercing Shots an active ability. Something like:

Piercing Shot
    Instant
    1 Minute Cooldown
    Fires a tightly pulled shot that pierces the targets armor causing Pierced.

Pierced
    For the next 6 seconds, all shots that hit the target are compiled. When Pierced expires, the target takes damage equal to all of the damage done by the shots compiled during Pierced over 10 seconds.

-------------

So you shoot through their armor, then blast them in that wound to make them bleed hard. This, of course, if they get rid of a few other short cooldowns to compensate for bar bloat.

Deleted
    Well it was a random example, but how is that any different from Skull Banner or Bloodlust?
    BL is different as you can't stack it. Skull Banner and Stormlash don't bring as much gain as 20% crit would do.

That said, suck gimiks shouldn't exists in the first place. Just like Paladin's ability to ignore swap mechanics. That's why some classes are always good to bring in 25. Hunters, not so much.

Bloodlust simply makes you cast more spells, crit can proc effects like Pyroblast!, Enrage, Piercing Shots or Shooting Stars.

Also Warrior banner scales with gear, being at 5% Crit(1.5% increase in DPS for duration) it is useless, but at 50% Crit(15% DPS increase in DPS for duration) it's MASSIVE.

Having a valuable crit CD at the first tier of expansion, more so for World First guys clearing Heroic modes in blues is a massive DPS/Healing help.

I'd like to see them to swap Stampede and Murder of Crows (so that Stampede is a Talent and AMOC is an Ability) and turn AMOC into some sort of 20 sec ability with a 5 minute CD that still functions like a dot while providing an additional benefit for PVE bursting (well, PVP also but it could be dispelled/cleansed in PVP) such as reduced armor.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113858

The reason it works for Destro is that it turns into a flat damage buff for Chaos Bolt. I don't think a crit cooldown is what we need.
    Last edited by Kennyloggins; 2013-06-21 at 08:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be a Clowder of Kittens, not a murder. A murder is a noun for a flock of crows.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Bloodlust simply makes you cast more spells, crit can proc effects like Pyroblast!, Enrage, Piercing Shots or Shooting Stars.
    And Bloodlust causes certain resources to generate faster during big cooldowns, Rets come to mind. I still don't understand why it's wrong if some classes benefit more from it compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113858

The reason it works for Destro is that it turns into a flat damage buff for Chaos Bolt. I don't think a crit cooldown is what we need.
    I meant as a raid buff. I honestly don't know what would be a more unique and interesting raid cooldown, apart from Aspect of the Wild which wasn't very fun.

Oh, I know!

Tight Leash
    Passive

Your pet wears a leash with a catch on it. Anytime you fire a shot at a target, Tight Leash instantly teleports your pet to that target.

im not sure why people are complaining about buttons, lol

Survival
    -Shrapnel Blast: Hurl an explosive at the enemy target dealing XXX% fire damage and causing the Shredded Armor effect. Shredded Armor causes the target to take YY% additional damage from the Hunter and pet for the next 15 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.

Marksmanship
    -Bore: All shots will trigger Piercing Shots without critically striking for the next 10 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-06-22 at 02:14 AM.