Is this a decent budget build?

1 x Case (AZZA Armour Gaming Case - Red))
    1 x Processor (Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K))
    1 x Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 -- 2x PCIe 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0, 6x SATA-III 6Gb/s))
    1 x Memory (8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair
    1 x Power Supply (850 Watt - AZZA Dynamo 850W))
    1 x Video Card (AMD Radeon 7770 - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)))
    1 x Processor Cooling (Liquid CPU Cooling System [Intel] - Standard 120mm Fan Corsair H55 Liquid Cooling*))
    1 x Primary Hard Drive (1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive))
    1 x Optical Drive (24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black))
    1 x Sound Card (3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard))
    1 x Network Card (Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100))
    1 x Operating System (Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

It's what I could afford at the moment, I am hoping to get a SSD for my OS in the future, If anyone has a solid one in mind please link. But how is this for gaming? Like I said I was on a budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    1 x Processor (Intel® Core™ i5-3570K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i5-3570K))
    1 x Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 -- 2x PCIe 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0, 6x SATA-III 6Gb/s))
    These two parts are not compatible. i5-3570K is a socket 1155 CPU, and the Z87 is a socket 1150 Board. Either pick the 4670K CPU, or a Z77 board

1 x Power Supply (850 Watt - AZZA Dynamo 850W))
    Way overkill for the system, and I'm not intimately familiar with AZZA. Sounds shady though (checking atm)

OTherwise it looks decent but... Maybe looking at the computer building sticky. We can help you better pick out a system that would suit your budget and needs.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

-Get an SSD as your primary drive with an OS. You really can't get the most out of your system with just an HDD. I would still get the 1 TB HDD, though. I almost skipped it in my build last fall, and I'm glad I decided to spend the money and get one.

-I didn't check myself but assuming chaz is right, I would stick with the Ivy Bridge processor and find a different, reputable motherboard that is compatible. But IMO that processor is the best bang for your buck right now, the new Intel ones are quite a bit more for minimal performance improvements.

-I will also echo the power supply thing...though I wouldn't go too low since you plan to run two cards and all, 750 (or maybe 650) is probably plenty as it will give you some extra room without cutting it too close and I would personally recommend Corsair over that randomass brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 x Video Card (AMD Radeon 7770 - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)))
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    -I will also echo the power supply thing...though I wouldn't go too low since you plan to run two cards and all, 750 (or maybe 650) is probably plenty as it will give you some extra room without cutting it too close and I would personally recommend Corsair over that randomass brand.
    I didn't even see that part... Do not get Dual 7770, period. If you want that kind of performance, get something like a 660 or 7870. Twice the performance, less than twice the cost, much less power demand as well.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think the 7770 had crossfire capabilities? Only the 7790 does IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    I didn't think the 7770 had crossfire capabilities? Only the 7790 does IIRC.
    As far as I can tell (Clicking through newegg) most, if not all the 7770s support Crossfire. It may just be the 7770 Ghz editions?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    These two parts are not compatible. i5-3570K is a socket 1155 CPU, and the Z87 is a socket 1150 Board. Either pick the 4670K CPU, or a Z77 board

Way overkill for the system, and I'm not intimately familiar with AZZA. Sounds shady though (checking atm)

OTherwise it looks decent but... Maybe looking at the computer building sticky. We can help you better pick out a system that would suit your budget and needs.
    Yeah, I'm not really building this by hand myself, I preferred not to. So I was using a site where you pretty much pick parts for the company to build it. I don't disagree with you, but they had the computer running for stress test etc, so i'm sure they picked parts that are compatible, whether its the one i selected or not. Also the 850W was a free upgrade from their 600W. I mean I thought more couldn't hurt since it was free.

About the graphics card, you said don't bother cross firing them and get one single better card. I got the first card free the AMD Radeon 7770 Ghz. And then I could add a second one for 50% off. So Instead of say 200$ I spent about 58$ for both of them together. Like I said I was on a budget, but this site had a ton of fathers day deals that were awesome. That's how I got the liquid cooling as well it was free with the fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i'm sure they picked parts that are compatible
    They aren't, and they won't pick a completely different part for you. it'll likely just get an error or something.

Also the 850W was a free upgrade from their 600W. I mean I thought more couldn't hurt since it was free.
    Yes, it can hurt. It's a poor brand, on top of 600w being overkill as well, meaning it hurts your wallet.

I got the first card free the AMD Radeon 7770 Ghz. And then I could add a second one for 50% off. So Instead of say 200$ I spent about 58$ for both of them together.
    Can you link the site you're getting this stuff from? That sounds a bit... odd to me. I still wouldn't recommend it, because if they have that price for those, they'd have that price for other things too.

EDIT: Er, wait. You keep saying "Was on a budget" and "how I got the liquid cooling" and "Fathers day sale"

Did you already order this system? Do you already have it?

Deleted
    EDIT: Er, wait. You keep saying "Was on a budget" and "how I got the liquid cooling" and "Fathers day sale"

Did you already order this system? Do you already have it?
    I think this might be one of these "Buy first ask later" threads.

I didn't even see that part... Do not get Dual 7770, period. If you want that kind of performance, get something like a 660 or 7870. Twice the performance, less than twice the cost, much less power demand as well.
    Yeah, I recently purchased a couple 660s for an SLI build...as far as Nvidia goes anyways, they are the absolute best bang for your buck for budget builds whether you want one or two cards (SLI with these are better than a single 770 and a little bit cheaper at that). But for around 200 bucks, they are badass cards. I am not as familiar with AMD cards, but the trick is usually to find the sweet spot where you get the best bang for you buck..often you pay like 100 dollars extra for only a little better performance and it's just not worth it.