Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Add in the fact that they'd probably be allied to Britain, France and Italy (50% of the time at least), and the EU flag would be flying over Moscow, Washington and Beijing before they knew what'd hit them.
    This makes me laugh. The Chinese would wipe the floor with you. That "war" would be over and you would be speaking chinese before it even started. Don't kid yourself.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Deleted
    good question often pondered.. in an ideal world every country should keep there nose out of other countries business and let them get on with whatever theyre doing, however at the same time I do feel that some countries do need intervention from the fukked up shit happening where the "people" cannot defend themselves and do not deserve whats happening to them (i.e Syria atm?? WTF is wrong with some countries)..

I dislike when the UK goes to war on foreign soil when it has no direct threat to us but how can we sit back and watch all the suffering that's going on? but then if there were no TV or News then we wouldn't know shit.. its a catch 22, all swings and roundabouts situation..

some countries are so fukked up though that something has to be done..

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG !!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    This makes me laugh. The Chinese would wipe the floor with you. That "war" would be over and you would be speaking chinese before it even started. Don't kid yourself.
    EU Economy: near 17 trillion dollars.
    Chinese Economy: 8 trillion dollars.
    Please be educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Please be educated.
    To be completely fair, if it came down to conventional warfare, I'd put my money on the Chinese Army. 100 million man army will go a long ways.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet the EU would have a bigger and better military if it decided to spend 4.4% of it's GDP on dick waving.
    We're just, y'know, more interested in caring for our own people than trying to kill cavemen who are equipped with wooden guns and home-made bombs.
    So basically you say the American military isn't as big as they think they are, and when you're proven wrong, you start ranting about how the EU cares more about it's people. I'm not trying to dick wave. You were just wrong. And now you're throwing a hissy fit.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    To be completely fair, if it came down to conventional warfare, I'd put my money on the Chinese Army. 100 million man army will go a long ways.
    Superior technology will always be the winner compared to sheer manpower.

Edit: Apparently I'm throwing a hissy fit after being "educated" by a "correct" American in a rather horrible tone.

And then the South would absolutely annihilate the North anyway. Please, learn English and then present a proper argument to me.

Edit: I come on here for civilized discussion and I get a bunch of angry yanks shouting at me about having big dicks. What do we have to be jealous of? Name one thing.
    The first statement in this quote proves exactly why you don't know a single thing about what would happen on that peninsula. You honestly think that the North would fight by themselves without some assistance from China? China will defend/support north korea to the very bitter end. To allow north korea to fall would allow korean democracy knocking on China's back door. Call me crazy here but there is a very damn good reason why china has been essentially feeding the north korean people since the massive sanctions against that country.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    So NATO would never have worked?
    Obviously it will be a long time before the EU can conduct an offensive war but if Europe was truly threatened we'd no doubt forget about our petty disputes.
    Also, I don't believe the US is as united as you seem to think, liberals and conservatives over there seems to hate each other with a passion we cant quite understand here, and you certainly have had a taste of civil unrest due to unpopular wars.
    You guys have a bunch of unrest with your struggling education system I believe. The costs are rising and rising and jobs are hard to find.
    The US always bickers amongst itself. Just dont forget that if you fuck with us we will unite to beat your ass. Hence all the flag waving in 2001 and when we killed osama in 2011- I dont expect you to understand after all...you aren't American. Go ahead, somebody from europe copy and paste and say "thank god" or whatever...I really dont care. Most of you euro's on here just bash the US because you have some sort of affection with us...maybe its because we are better equipped...I dunno.

To a degree. But sheer numbers will win most engagements unless you're talking about a tech gap of obscene proportions. And the Chinese 'army' isn't so far behind any other army. Yes, their Air Force would be massacred, yes they have nothing resembling a modern Navy, but all they need to conquer Europe would be lots and lots of trucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you really think South Korea and Nato are the only foreign nations we are allied with or have treaties with?

besides your entire question is flawed. there's no such thing as "isolationist".

reminds me of the Austin Powers flick "there is no WORLD anymore, its all CORPORATIONS!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    The first statement in this quote proves exactly why you don't know a single thing about what would happen on that peninsula. You honestly think that the North would fight by themselves without some assistance from China? China will defend/support north korea to the very bitter end. To allow north korea to fall would allow korean democracy knocking on China's back door. Call me crazy here but there is a very damn good reason why china has been essentially feeding the north korean people since the massive sanctions against that country.
    And yet China is growing even more impatient with North Korea. It would be too risky and not worth it for China to help.

I can tell a lot of you cannot understand modern warfare.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please be educated.
    You also talk about the European Union like it's some kind of united force. While in some ways it is, every country in the EU has their own agenda and interests, and they certainly do not all have some kind of united military. Their military is very fragmented. You're telling other people to get educated, when you yourself have demonstrated that your knowledge base is fairly limited to what you read on wikipedia.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 05:00 PM ----------

Edit: Apparently I'm throwing a hissy fit after being "educated" by a "correct" American in a rather horrible tone.
    My tone is civil. You're the one who's ranting and flinging insults like your avatar would fling poo at everyone else. You should probably calm down.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And then the South would absolutely annihilate the North anyway. Please, learn English and then present a proper argument to me.

Edit: I come on here for civilized discussion and I get a bunch of angry yanks shouting at me about having big dicks. What do we have to be jealous of? Name one thing.
    And the North would destroy the South in the process. Learn English? I'm American asswipe. I speak it better then you do. I just shot down your previous statement and you just spit out more bullshit and throw a hissy fit. Grow up.
    Be jealous that the whole of the EU forces still dont have the power of projection or the military might of the US. Be jealous of that. And the fact that the ONLY reason the UN exists is because of the US. The League of Nations didnt have the US and it failed miserably and lord and behold..World War 2...great job guys.

Infracted - nation bashing
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-06-23 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    You also talk about the European Union like it's some kind of united force. While in some ways it is, every country in the EU has their own agenda and interests, and they certainly do not all have some kind of united military. Their military is very fragmented. You're telling other people to get educated, when you yourself have demonstrated that your knowledge base is fairly limited to what you read on wikipedia.
    In a time of crisis, the European Union would unite for a common cause. It may not seem like it, but in a time of common catastrophe people would band together. We are debating pure speculation here, so I'm just making my best guess as to what would occur.

Edit: I'm English, I come from the country that birthed your pathetic excuse of a nation.

Infracted (nationbashing)
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-06-22 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Israel would no longer be given millions of dollars a day.
    How about we just do this.

In a time of crisis, the European Union would unite for a common cause. It may not seem like it, but in a time of common catastrophe people would band together. We are debating pure speculation here, so I'm just making my best guess as to what would occur.

Edit: I'm English, I come from the country that birthed your pathetic excuse of a nation.
    It's not necessary to insult an entire nation just because you don't like a few posters from that nation.

Unite with no way of actually getting your forces around the world...nice.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyMuffy View Post
    - Europe (and Japan) would be left militarily helpless. Most of these countries have little more than a national guard, as that's all they've really needed with American bases scattered throughout. Though there also aren't any present military threats to Europe, leaving one of the wealthier parts of the world without any protection isn't a great idea. Russia would be likely to take advantage and play a much larger role in their development.
    The "little more than a national guard" is as i recall for Europe (without Russia) more soldiers than the US has.. it is one heck of a national guard.. well multi national guard. The gear may not be on par with the US (generally) but we are hardly all using obsolete 2nd world war gear either, heck some of these "national guardsmen" are buying F-35's same as you are. *shrugs*

I suspect that Europe can defend itself from likely threats

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How about we just do this.
    sounds good to me. it goes against the constitution in my opinion.

This pathetic excuse of a nation is the only world power. Your nation lost that "title" many years ago. I love England, but you sir...are an ass.