And among all the crap, straw that broke camel's back was:
"No, we have not eased up on cheaters. Not one little bit. Preventing and stopping this behaviour is something we're really passionate about"
When I saw this bullshit brought to us by blue poster Takralus, valiant defender of bots, afkers, and similar retarded scum, I decided that I am not going to sponsor this shit anymore.
See, they are "passionate" about stopping bots. I guess we should be grateful, imagine how random BGs would look like if blizzard wasn't "passionate" about stopping bots.
Pretty much Every Single Thing pandaland brought to the table and tore from my beloved HoT period of Cata.
Well.. that and something in the expansion caused my system to regularly and exclusively die/bluescreen without explanation and beyond any reasonable hope of a fix. Now all I can do is lurk on the fringes, missing my rp community and hoping that either another mmo will emerge that I can tolerate (swtors rp servers are dead or unplayable. GW2 is a fucking joke and Neverwinter: lel) or that whatever comes next fixes every one of my problems
Wrath baby and proud of it
Other hobbies, funnily enough I used to feel like when I wasn't playing WoW I was wasting time (watching movies, reading books, etc) yet now its the complete opposite.
I try to log in daily but I can go offline now days for a full week without a problem.
Boredom mostly. I have almost all the class to lvl 90 except rogue and monk.
- Too easy 5man heroics.
- Ridiculous itemlevel gaps between tiers.
- Horrendously poor written story in the dailies.
- Asian theme doesn't fit my perferences, especially the ridiculous voice-acting of Americans trying to sound Chinese.
- Uninspiring raid environments (mechanics are great, but the actual raidscenes are just.... boring).
- Boring zones to level alts in.
- Old community getting more and more replaced by idiots (maybe that just means me getting older, way in my 30s now...).
- Re-discovered singleplayer gaming and bought about 150 games on steam that i missed out on in all the years of WoW.
What made me stay away forever, not hestitating to come back at all:
- Servers drying out of players and Blizzard doing nothing about it, still charging 20 euros or so per character for a transfer (like: gtfo! if it was 20 euros for all chars on a server to another i would consider it.....).
- Adding of a real currency store in a game with a preium subscription (seriously, is this still Blizzard or did EA take over the game?).
- Again refurbishing scenery for a raid (sie of orgrimmar using same type of "around-the-world copypaste" as DS).
- Adding yet another raid difficulty (as if 3 wasn't enough, flexraid is ok, but then they should remove LFR).
Currently playing MMO's: None, played MMO's before: EQ, Rift, Lotro, GW2, AOC, WHO, WoW, EQ2
Proud *n?x geek since 1998
I didn't quit WoW, WoW quit being WoW.
Most people are under the belief that I think i am better than everyone else
this is false
I know i am better than everyone else
So in end of day, most ppl not even good
originally i left wow coz i was bored that was basically it
@ crisisvacant: You weren't paying attention, were you? Try reading OP's post and the comments that follow (in chronological order) and you might just find that your criticism is ill-informed.
I used to be snow white, but I drifted...
I get bored - i leave
I get bored when unsubbed - I come back
NERVER ENDING CYCLE.
But i'm okay with that.
RL & Mists of Pandaria. Got away some for RL reasons then with MoP came out, tried it and got bored. I hate the Asian flavor, no offense to anyone, that's just me. MoP zones are boring. MoP dailies are monotonous. MoP reputations are too confusing to figure out and I don't care if i have rep or not. MoP raids all look the same and I could not name one of them by sight so I quit raiding a while back. PvP is wrecked, at least from my standpoint as a healer, it started in Cataclysm but there is just way too much CC. Scenarios haven't done it for me and there aren't enough enjoyable 5 man dungeons. MoP seems to have just taken guild killing to the next level and there is no social element to the game. You queue up and play without even speaking to your party unless you are in a raid and you just listen to 2 people argue over strategy. I still have an account but don't play as much but when I do, I usually just level another toon and enjoy the old world - what is left of it. Man, I sure loved Outlands and BC.
Now the question (since some quit looong ago and not for RL reasons but because they started to hate what the game became...) what keeps you coming to the forum?
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Boredom ive been playing the game since vanilla so after all those years the game just got bored.. ow yeah and my old guild from WOTLK ( in meus pardus ) is gone so that also plays a role ..
Do you even lift?
with all seriousness , paying the monthly fee.
Doesn't really feel like much of a game to me anymore. Every class is just a carbon copy of another with different flavoring and graphics. All classes should not be created equal. No MMO used to ever have that concept. Every class should have something it excels in, or several things it does well at. Not this crap we have now.
What drove me away? I have a small list.(in no particular order)
1. pet pvp
3. Talent system overhaul sucks
4. No carrot-on-a-stick
6. dumbing down of game, all aspects
7. became the McDonalds of MMO's and all that implies
8. Blizzard following non-productive paths - future vision does not look promising
9. Daily quests
10. I have to say - the monk stinks
11. All classes have melted into one, all seem the same
13. Didnt have the balls to do the "squish"
14. LFR crutch
15. Difficulty levels of heroics lowered to pitiful standards