Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    WoW community was pretty bad way before LoL got popular.

  2. #222
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    At 90 ... if someone is still such a failure no amount of help will make the player less lazy/troll/dgaf.

    But you are welcome to defend them. Its not like its the new normal nowadays.
    I'm not defending them, I'm saying if you're going to start ridiculing them it's an absolute waste of time, you're wasting your breath on it.

    And I think you're wrong about not helping them, I've helped some pretty direly bad players in the past, and was able to get acceptable performance increase out of them, granted I went out of my way to make it happen, but saying no ammount of help is going to make them better is not entirely acurate, some people can and will take on board advice given in a constructive manner.

    Raging and piss taking will never make anyone better though, it's only going to antagonise and cause an argument that never needed to be had.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Actually if you want some background

    Started playing in 2007 during early TBC and was a raider in some relatively high end raiding guilds.

    T5 - Vashj/Kael Thas pre attunement lift
    T6 - BT/Mount hyjal farm and Sunwell up to Muru before 3.0 hit.

    Then changed to a serious casual guild that raided 10man and tried to do 25man when numbers allowed.

    T7 - All clear while relevant
    T8 - 10man all clear while relevant, mounts/algalon and 25man with most heroic modes + a Legendary mace farmed while relevant
    T9 - Got the 25man mounts/algalon in Ulduar + TOTC Tribute to insanity on farm (+ alts) and 25man 4/5 hc farm
    T10 - Got 5/5 25m hc TOTC, ICC10 mounts early on with 11/12 on farm, I was given Shadowmourne + we had 25man 11/12 on farm, eventually killed LK heroic. All while relevant.
    T10.5 - Ruby Sanctum 10HC killed pretty quickly, 25HC was not attempted.

    Cataclysm - I didn't play much here, did some heroic firelands (didnt do any normal firelands while relevant as I came in late) didn't play serious until Dragon Soul, had both Heroic Deathwing fights left when I had to stop playing, guild killed them and had them on farm while relevant. A few staffs/rogue dagger sets made.

    MOP - I did some raiding + heroic modes at start of expansion, stopped playing until last 2 weeks. Guild is currently doing TOT heroic modes.


    So no i'm not new to WoW, I've never experienced this attitude before and never shown it to anyone else. Nobody in my guild has certaintly ever shown this attitude towards people. Being a complete asshole and being extremely crude and unfriendly simply because a player has recently dinged 90? It was my alt, had I been on my main I would have wiped the floor with all of the dps but I wouldn't have rubbed their noses in it. Fact is these werent elite players doing massive dps or playing with great skill, just decently geared players playing in a very average manner whilst being very aggressive towards others.



    About the pet deaths - He had agro on the adds, I was specifically avoiding him going on the boss. I'm not an idiot but I know it can be easily done, this however is a boss that I have explained to others many times in the passed when trying to complete it with undergeared chars and new players. It is not the kind of amateur mistake I would be making. I was watching my pet tank the add until it eventually died, the add would switch targets and I would res my pet, happened every phase reset (of which there were more than you might want).
    He/She didn't ask for your raiding background and I very much doubt anyone in here cares. So you are trying to say that you are a good player even did some hard raids when they were relevant but somehow insulted in dungeon but you are a good player how could they insult you and want us to approve this. This is what I think you want. This is Internet, people do bad things, insult other people without a second thought because there is no real consequence. You better suck it up. I would ignore all of them after initial insult and suggest same for you.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-06-23 at 10:00 PM.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm not defending them, I'm saying if you're going to start ridiculing them it's an absolute waste of time, you're wasting your breath on it.

    And I think you're wrong about not helping them, I've helped some pretty direly bad players in the past, and was able to get acceptable performance increase out of them, granted I went out of my way to make it happen, but saying no ammount of help is going to make them better is not entirely acurate, some people can and will take on board advice given in a constructive manner.

    Raging and piss taking will never make anyone better though, it's only going to antagonise and cause an argument that never needed to be had.
    We're not like the OP or his arch enemies...

    A shower of ridicule is not raging. Its entertainment.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    A shower of ridicule is not raging. Its entertainment.
    This actually does a very good job of summing up why I despise WoW players.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    This actually does a very good job of summing up why I despise WoW players.
    Why should we passively accept players taking advantage of those actually trying to get the task done?

    Just in case one of them 'despise' me on a forum?

    Well... Might work with most of the millennium generation... not me.

  7. #227
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Why should we passively accept players taking advantage of those actually trying to get the task done?

    Just in case one of them 'despise' me on a forum?

    Well... Might work with most of the millennium generation... not me.
    You assume that every single bad player is lazy and out to use you and just doesn't care, while there are some players like this who I agree don't deserve our time, there are a hell of alot more that just don't know any better, and if this is your attitude towards them then you are part of the problem.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    You assume that every single bad player is lazy and out to use you and just doesn't care, while there are some players like this who I agree don't deserve our time, there are a hell of alot more that just don't know any better, and if this is your attitude towards them then you are part of the problem.
    Well you assume that I assumed.

    I'm stating that it is a fact.

  9. #229
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Why should we passively accept players taking advantage of those actually trying to get the task done?

    Just in case one of them 'despise' me on a forum?

    Well... Might work with most of the millennium generation... not me.
    This is the exact problem, this attitude right here.

    Somebody isn't doing well, the first port of call is to blame them rather than to help them.

    Somebody dings 90, they're a new player, they've probably never heard of Icy Veins, Elitist Jerks etc... they don't have a damage meter or a way to gauge their damage against other players.

    They enter a dungeon/raid, get paired with some experienced players, they get told they're shit, shouted at and possibly kicked. Then the cycle repeats.

    Hopefully proving grounds should fix this but it's a sad state of affairs when the community is so bad the devs have to design an entire game mode just to plaster a problem

  10. #230
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Well you assume that I assumed.

    I'm stating that it is a fact.
    It is not a fact, far from it, where are your sources? your numbers? you can't just take your personal experience and state it as fact.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    This is the exact problem, this attitude right here.

    Somebody isn't doing well, the first port of call is to blame them rather than to help them.

    Somebody dings 90, they're a new player, they've probably never heard of Icy Veins, Elitist Jerks etc... they don't have a damage meter or a way to gauge their damage against other players.

    They enter a dungeon/raid, get paired with some experienced players, they get told they're shit, shouted at and possibly kicked. Then the cycle repeats.

    Hopefully proving grounds should fix this but it's a sad state of affairs when the community is so bad the devs have to design an entire game mode just to plaster a problem
    Yes, I never dinged 90.

    I got my account with its 12 90 from ebay.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 06:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    This is the exact problem, this attitude right here.

    Somebody isn't doing well, the first port of call is to blame them rather than to help them.

    Somebody dings 90, they're a new player, they've probably never heard of Icy Veins, Elitist Jerks etc... they don't have a damage meter or a way to gauge their damage against other players.

    They enter a dungeon/raid, get paired with some experienced players, they get told they're shit, shouted at and possibly kicked. Then the cycle repeats.

    Hopefully proving grounds should fix this but it's a sad state of affairs when the community is so bad the devs have to design an entire game mode just to plaster a problem
    There is 2 problems:

    1. Those going all angry and stomping on bad players;

    2. Bad players going all enrage for being stomped on;

    And then there is people like me. People that won't stand down to either of those 2 =D.

    Enjoy.

  12. #232
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Yes, I never dinged 90.

    I got my account with its 12 90 from ebay.
    I never implied otherwise, just some players are not inclined to use forums or spreadsheets unless instructed to do other wise, and blindly abusing and kicking them does not solve the problem within the community.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I never implied otherwise, just some players are not inclined to use forums or spreadsheets unless instructed to do other wise, and blindly abusing and kicking them does not solve the problem within the community.
    Same old argument.

    OMGOMGOMGOMG u need spreadsheet and 3 PHD to play wow.

    Don't you think its time to retire that worn out meme yet? And accept that some people will abuse other for an easy pass... or you're one of them people spewing anything just to get the last word?

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Same old argument.

    OMGOMGOMGOMG u need spreadsheet and 3 PHD to play wow.

    Don't you think its time to retire that worn out meme yet? And accept that some people will abuse other for an easy pass... or you're one of them people spewing anything just to get the last word?
    You know why it's the same argument? Because it's a pretty good one. Telling someone "you are bad and should kill yourself" does nothing to make them a better player. Telling them they are bad, why they are bad and then methods to improve their play if the right way.

  15. #235
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Same old argument.

    OMGOMGOMGOMG u need spreadsheet and 3 PHD to play wow.

    Don't you think its time to retire that worn out meme yet? And accept that some people will abuse other for an easy pass... or you're one of them people spewing anything just to get the last word?
    Nice strawman.

    I never implied any of the above at all, I am simply stating that the game does NOT teach you the best DPS rotations for your spec and the community does not help this situation at all.

    This is getting addressed in the next patch with proving grounds I hope, but right now it is not always (key word always) the player's fault if he is doing poor dps/healing/tanking

  16. #236
    The Patient Rupture91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the mountains....
    Posts
    227
    All these people saying they always get into groups with assholes must have the worst luck known to man. I rarely get grouped with assholes/rude people. Granted I'm usually the most geared person in the group and it wouldn't make sense to be a dick to the person doing the carrying, but even on my not so geared alts I rarely run into these types of people.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

  17. #237
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TL,DR version : A thread about rude/aggressive/unfriendly player attitudes towards newly dinged players, your thoughts on it. Do you have this attitude too perhaps?


    So I logged on tonight at 2am to do this frostlord, the cloak is useful for my just dinged lvl90 hunter. The game allows me to queue dispite my low gear, meaning as expected (like in previous expansions) the boss is tuned to be easily beatable regardless of gear.

    I enter the instance and before the fight has even started I've been called a "low geared scrub" by the healer, the mage also then mentions he hates people with low gear. The fight starts and my pet is killed by the elite elemental, which is not being tanked by the tank. I mention "pet died, can you tank the elite" to which the healer replies "why the fuck should we care, turn off growl retard" to which I reply that growl wasn't on. The fight goes on with a complaint about the group dps from the healer, more complaining about low geared people being scrubs and then he comments "why can't people use their brains". At this point he mentions he will no longer heal the low dps, and mostly just stands around doing nothing.

    Mid fight I mention that this is my alt, and a semi conversation continues with me stating the logic that gear does not magically appear when you ding 90, and that the reason I was doing the easy event was for easy gear. Also that the only reason my damage is particularely low is due to the tank not holding agro on anything and mend pet not being enough to keep my pet alive when it is taking damage from multiple sources, I had to res my pet multiple times despite my best efforts to keep it alive.

    After some more insulting elitist comments the conversation stops and the fight continues until we beat the boss, the mage dps leaves stating that I "should go to hell and suck satans dick". Now this was not down to a bad playing experience, there were no wipes and nobody in the group died, I was called a brainless scrub who should suck a dick because I have an alt that just hit level 90 in blues/greens, and this started before the fight even began.


    What do you think? Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe? Or are you a logical and level headed person who can be understanding of other people? The reality of it is that gear has nothing to do with skill, but without gear you're severly limited, but it has to be earned and you have to start somewhere.
    Why are you surprised ? Why do you care ? This is the internet where you will find people being unreasonably rude to you for no good reason. You need to learn to pick your battles cause this was not one of them. Anything you said in that dungeon was just going to be used against you. I would of just kept quiet, do what I was there to do and get out and forget the entire experience ever happened.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Nice strawman.

    I never implied any of the above at all, I am simply stating that the game does NOT teach you the best DPS rotations for your spec and the community does not help this situation at all.

    This is getting addressed in the next patch with proving grounds I hope, but right now it is not always (key word always) the player's fault if he is doing poor dps/healing/tanking
    Too easy to make my point with people like you.

    Keep having a sub par life. Enjoy having the last words.

  19. #239
    Pit Lord Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Straya Karnt
    Posts
    2,269
    On a fight like Ahune poor DPS can make it horribly slow and dreadful, but it's not the lower geared players who you should watch out for, it's jut the players actually doing poor DPS.

    Generally I'm patient enough to just continue doing my job unless someone is consistently causing us to wipe over and over again for the same reasons (and refusing to do something about said reasons).

    My DPS dk guildie and I (BRM tank) carried a group of trade pickups through MSV10 the other day, and while certain people kept getting themselves killed and we had multiple players at the 30-50k DPS range, shit was still dying quickly thanks to 534 monk and 537 dk powa and we never wiped once. Basically, the only person complaining about the 30k dps rogue that was constantly dying was the 60k dps priest.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Omg sub 20 vote baddie in our group. God no, kick them please.
    If such an upvote system was in place, you'd never see your own score or anyone elses.

    You thumbs up the good players and continue to play with them, so long as they thump up you. All the jerks don't get a thumps up, they go into the cesspool. You can't really troll this system, because the amount of troll players will always be less than the positive ones. Like I said, 100 player server and 10 are total dicks, even if the trolls only vote for trolls thats 10 votes each, compared to 90 votes that the "good" players get.

    The only negative impact would be all the trolls flocking to the forums and asking why the hell they're stucking with 2 hour long ques and having to group with douchebags. I can live with that, as it serves them right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •