Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Perma banned from ALL battle.net (sc2, d3, wow) forums for "language" lol wut

Not really sure how that happened.

First ban was two years ago for responding to someone's QQ thread saying "lol you got expertly trolled, don't be that gullible next time." I think it was for trolling? .. uhh.. k..

Second ban was a few months ago for saying Frak. It's a made up swear word from a show called Battlestar Galactica. It's not even a real word. "well frak I may as well go get it then" was the post.

Third was.. i couldn't even tell you. When I check reason the page bugs out (Tried all browsers) just says permanent. I hadn't posted since shortly after that second ban because I was tired of all the ban happy mods for stupid crap like what I put above. I went to go write something in the monk forums the other day and was met with that perma ban message.

I opened a ticket on the help area and i was told it was for "repeated foul language" lol? I never swore ones, or even bypassed the swear filter, or even harassed or "Trolled" anybody.

No skin off my nose tbh, I just thought it was funny, because I never actually broke any rules. This happen to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    because I never actually broke any rules.
    But you did, other wise you wouldn't have been banned. If you feel you've been wrongly banned, go and appeal it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You care otherwise you wouldn't come to another forum to post about it. I know I'd be piss. That's why I do my trolling here, where the mods don't actually have power.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    My perman ban came because I replied to some moron with "oh please, go kill yourself". Apparently I was condoning suicide.

Still not as funny as the one in my sig.

I got a 24 hour in game ban for saying I was glad the pope had died in general chat. When I posted about it on the forums, I got a permanent forum ban. Blizzard is a little overzealous, but whatever... I've never been active on the forums anyway so it was no real loss.

lol you got expertly trolled, don't be that gullible next time.

I got one for an obvious typo of a racial word that should have been censored and yet it wasnt and could not be seen in a negative context. I gave the mods a lengthy inquiry about that and their lack of censoring and they lifted my ban saying that just because it isnt censored I should still be more careful next time. Never mind all the posters who purposefully go around the censor and yet they dont get moderated. I think that word is still not censored yet.

I got another ban before that and when I inquired about it I was told that there was no such ban on my account. Moderation on the official forums is sloppy. I prefer BioWare and that is saying a lot in itself.

If that first one got you banned then WTF as I have reported so much more heavy stuff along with thread and posts spamming to see no action. Their moderation policies need an over hall. If ever a CM probably felt like giving you the ban as they tend to do the majority of moderation now.

Just take a break and relax because from someone who has spent time trying to be a helpful community member to report blatant forum rule breakers that follows the bahavior of prior moderated posts, heavy harassment, real life threats, racial slurs and get a ban for frivolous reporting while seeing a lot of that stuff go unmoderated, the moderation there just should not be taken seriously. Be glad that there are websites out there that do a far better job with unpaid staff by members of the community that want to help the community.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-23 at 06:41 AM.

Right, you got banned 3 times but you didn't do anything wrong.
    Granted, their forums are pretty strict but chances are that they didn't lose that much of a valueable contributor.

Deleted
    If you don't care, then why are you posting about it to this forum?

only had a 48hour ban once for telling dead baby jokes in trade for an hour or so. worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

This is why you should keep your mouth shut all the time Especially on the general forums

Deleted
    The mods [Zergs], they are watching...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    This is why you should keep your mouth shut all the time Especially on the general forums
    Yep, unless you mean to say I like pie or WoW is the best MMO, anything else is susceptible of being infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been banned for calling some guy an idiot. Didn't know blizz handed out perma bans on their forums so quickly though. ._.

Try appealing, might have just been a mistake. I've been banned on there before for trolling.

They sound stricter than MMO Champion's trigger happy mods. Yeah I said it.

i got banned on the wow forums making a reply on a topic about classic realms. and i posted go die in the fire.

I got "perma banned" from their forums a while back for "trolling" because someone posted an idea and I told them it was stupid. I wasn't really trolling, but I guess because I told him off I got banned anyway.

I put it in quotes because I've since been unbanned. I didn't appeal it or anything, but my account got hacked after I quit, and when I got my account back the ban was gone. Not too sure why, but I haven't been on the WoW forums in years anyway so it hardly matters.

Deleted
    There are some persistent trolls on the official EU forums, every topic they shitpost and flamebait and yet they never seem to get banned. I wish Blizz would actually be a bit tougher when it comes to moderation there.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I've been banned for calling some guy an idiot. Didn't know blizz handed out perma bans on their forums so quickly though. ._.
    They don't. The op isn't telling us the whole story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    They don't. The op isn't telling us the whole story
    They do actually. However, for a mod to ban you, it all depends on several things.
    1. How deep up his ass is the proverbial stick
    2. How was his day up to that moment
    3. How hard is he hugging the forum rule book
    4. How much does he like or dislike you due to what you posted in the current thread or other threads.