Page 1 of 3
LastLast

moving to canada is it racist as I heard?

I know usa has like 80% racist to black people

Isn't canada like 70% racist? I heard like some cop was denied a job because he was african american

What the hell do these numbers mean? You think 80% of non blacks are racist towards blacks?

Your ass must hurt after pulling all those numbers out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even.... what!?
    Where do you live where you think these statistics are even remotely true. Man, I really hope you're trolling.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydluffy View Post
    I heard like some cop was denied a job because he was african american
    There's the problem, he needed to be African-Canadian probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Or "black".

"African-Canadian" is someone who moved to Canada from Africa, regardless of skin melanin content.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Maybe he was African-Norwegian? Or African-French?

Wonder what my title would be if I went to europe. Would I be Norwegian-American? Maybe I'd be Scandinavian-American!

But what if my heritage isn't purely scandinavian? Shit would really be in a bind then.

This disingenuous nomenclature really is wonderful.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada is the most multicultural country in the world.

Canadians are known as the most non-controversial people in the world to most Americans. I dont think a single one of them has anything against anyone else or any other country has any problems with them. If you can stand the cold, you will probably be better off in Canada if you have problems with racists and intolerant people in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of ridiculous number is "80% racist?"

Racism exists but there isn't really a way to quantify it as a percentage, never mind that I think your percentage is outright wrong. As for Canada, I don't know. I've never heard of any particular racial issues there and I know a few Canadians.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    80% racist against blacks what? Someones been on the Internet for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Its actually true. Not sure where the OP is talking about

an African american was denied being a cop because he was black? Hard to believe. Every Police department in Ontario wants everyone except a White Male. If you're a White male looking to be a cop then I hope your resume is amazing because you will lose to an less qualified person that isn't white and male :P Hell one of the PD's (it may have been Hamilton but i cannot remember, was years ago) even had on there website something along the lines of "Women and people of ethnic backgrounds preferred". Also, Toronto Papers had an article last year about how they hire mostly people from other backrounds that barely speak English and that it's causing problems among officers. When they were in stressful situations they are reverting to their native tongue and other officers cannot understand them. Was a big issue last year. Just things i've read and personal experience from friends who are officers from all over the Provence

10+ Year Old Account
    If 80% of the people around me are racist, they damn sure know how to hide it well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydluffy View Post
    I know usa has like 80% racist to black people

Isn't canada like 70% racist? I heard like some cop was denied a job because he was african american
    this thread is gonna be good
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Canadian from Toronto, I can tell you that us Torontonians are not racists. Sure there are some racists but its no way the majority. 70% is a outrageous statistic

What? There's bound to be racism of all sorts in every country - stop being so narrow-minded with those fake statistics with black people. Not sure if you're trolling or just haven't gone out much.

Based on personal experience, I would say Canadians tend to be accepting and nice people. Of course there's always going to be some odd occasions of people being discriminating others, but Canada is a very multicultural country as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Maybe he was African-Norwegian? Or African-French?

Wonder what my title would be if I went to europe. Would I be Norwegian-American? Maybe I'd be Scandinavian-American!

But what if my heritage isn't purely scandinavian? Shit would really be in a bind then.

This disingenuous nomenclature really is wonderful.
    At least here, it goes origin-destination and heritage doesn't apply.

Someone from Norway who moved to Canada (e.g. My grandparents) would be Norwegian-Canadian.

Someone from Canada going to Norway would be Canadian-Norwegian.

Around here in Saskatchewan, it's basically immigrant-central for some reason. Part of it can be explained by the recent economic boom and the need for workers, but even before, a lot of new immigrants started here.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    Canada is the most pretentious country in the world that doesn't have any reason to be.

Deleted
    32 posts, asking if Canada is racist and blaring stats that my grandmother wouldn't shit on - let alone look at.

Geeeeeet out!

Why mods will allow this =,(

-

Ot, I'll echo other posters. How's your ass after pulling those stats out!