Fury Crit Question

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fazool/simple

So I have become very confused after reading about on quite a few forums. The Crit number that people seem to always bring up for a comfortable Fury is 30% crit chance.

I am confused on how exactly this is attained. I've gone about and put myself through simcraft numerous times, using my stat weights for all reforging and gemming, but I am still residing at 26% Crit at 521 iLvl.

Are people talking about a 30% crit level with the 5% crit buff or unbuffed?

Should I actually just gem pure crit in every single slot. I've wanted this clarification for a while and just never put in the effort to ask here

10+ Year Old Account
    yes those people probably have crit in every slot and it's what you should be trying to do (with the exception of weapons of course, wdps > pretty much everything)

my warrior is sitting at 515 item level, i got like 15.7k crit unbuffed, feels good man

if you asked me though i think your current gems look fine

acquiring something like Amulet of the Primal Turtle or Hydrascale Blood-Cloak is going to net you a boatload of crit. They may also be Fury, and there is quite a bit of difference between the stats on 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons.

Deleted
    Don't worry about it, 26% is fine for your ilvl. I've seen some TG warriors that have about 40% crit unbuffed and at that point you might want to consider mastery > crit, until that point keep stacking crit. If you keep running sims it will tell you also at what point mastery is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    yes those people probably have crit in every slot and it's what you should be trying to do (with the exception of weapons of course, wdps > pretty much everything)

my warrior is sitting at 515 item level, i got like 15.7k crit unbuffed, feels good man

if you asked me though i think your current gems look fine

acquiring something like Amulet of the Primal Turtle or Hydrascale Blood-Cloak is going to net you a boatload of crit. They may also be Fury, and there is quite a bit of difference between the stats on 2 handed weapons and 1 handed weapons.
    Thank you for the response. I am very seasoned fury player. Gone through the unbelievable amount of changes we've gone through since vanilla as this is the only character I've really played since I started.

The only thing that I just don't understand is how these people of even lower ilvls then me are attaining the 30% crit mark, unless they are just exaggerating or including the 5% crit buff. I have Crit in pretty much every single socket except for my chest piece and I am fairly sure that is the only instance that it was worth it for me to not put crit. maybe I just have poorly optimized items, idk.

30% crit is very much attainable with your ilvl, but it requires you to have the right items, which isn't to say that having that amount of crit at your ilvl would necessarily be a dps increase. Simply being TG with two crit heavy 2handers and having Primordius' talisman would probably boost your crit close to, if not all the way to 30%, but could very well be lower dps overall. You would also gain a lot of crit from more gem socket heavy gear like Tortos neck/shoulders, Primo cloak and even Stone guards boots.

All in all there isn't much you can do except hope for some better itemized gear to drop. Keep using simcraft stat weights for your gemming, like I said, more crit no matter the cost is not necessarily better for your dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 502 lfr hit/crit neck and the 502 lfr exp/crit back are better than the 522 vp items also crafted boots hit/mastery bis until heroic twins boots switch to lfr tier shoulders over the VP ones also if you can and use the helm from Dark Animus even if its 502 lfr and upgrade it your ilvl will go down but your important stat (crit) will go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    Thank you for the response. I am very seasoned fury player. Gone through the unbelievable amount of changes we've gone through since vanilla as this is the only character I've really played since I started.

The only thing that I just don't understand is how these people of even lower ilvls then me are attaining the 30% crit mark, unless they are just exaggerating or including the 5% crit buff. I have Crit in pretty much every single socket except for my chest piece and I am fairly sure that is the only instance that it was worth it for me to not put crit. maybe I just have poorly optimized items, idk.
    i just have a lot of gear with sockets. my neck has a socket, my shoulders have 2, one of your axes has no gems in it while one of mine has 2 crit gems in it and 995 Critical Strike rating.

upgrades i think you should look out for:

Crown of the Golden Golem (Dark Animus)
    Amulet of the Primal Turtle (Tortos)
    Pauldrons of Centripetal Destruction (Tortos)
    Hydrascale Bloodcloak (Primordius)
    Talonrender Chestplate (Ji-Kun)
    Caustic Spike Bracers (If Crit, Durumu, wouldn't hold my breath for)
    Swordhook Slingbelt (Shado-Pan Assault, Friendly, 1750 Valor Points. Arguable sidegrade)
    Tidal Force Treads (Twin Consorts)

Obviously you probably will not need all of these, but you should be making sure your offset piece is pretty good and you are acquiring as much critical strike rating as possible

Deleted
    You are ok. Don't worry about it. If you go ahead and gem crit just to get to the so called "comfortable zone" you will loose dps from other secondary stats.
    I see you are using some optimizer for gemming and reforge and it seems ok.

Also you have the twins trinket and with some luck you'll get some nice uptime from it.

About the comfortable zone. I think that will happen when people will be able to crit all the time with bloodthirst (around 51% crit buffed I guess), so we can be full time enraged. But when that will happen mastery will surely be over crit as a stat. We might achieve this in tier 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibraider View Post
    the 502 lfr hit/crit neck and the 502 lfr exp/crit back are better than the 522 vp items also crafted boots hit/mastery bis until heroic twins boots switch to lfr tier shoulders over the VP ones also if you can and use the helm from Dark Animus even if its 502 lfr and upgrade it your ilvl will go down but your important stat (crit) will go up.
    Depends on your SEP. For me, mastery/haste are only slightly weaker than crit. Don't just go blindly following things without understanding the WHY.

Deleted
    I am currently sitting at 40.11% crit unbuffed (I should switch few Crit gems to mastery gems for better dps), and additional 15% crit from Gaze if I have all three stacks and I can tell you fury is alot more fun to play than it was around ~26% crit unbuffed. Your gemming is fine currently, you would see huge increase in crit if you would get few additional normal ToTT loots for example neck, boots and cloak.