Thread: Raden Advice

Raden Advice

so we got last night leishen, drop a few attempts on raden and we were lost pretty much without a solid strat, we decided to take the night and look at videos strats for the fight.

any advice for this fight as a hunter?. in the 10 attempts we did i notice that everyone had to switch to red add and tried as bm to see how it was and the damage was good on boss but on add it was bad not to mention painfull to make my pet switch, did couple of attempts as SV and it was much better on add and OK overall.

would love to hear some tips from the hunters that did it.

we are a 10 man guild and have 20 attempts left. our raid comp is 2 tanks(paladin warrior), 3 healers (disc monk shaman), 3 range (ele shaman, myself, warlock or shadow priest), 2 melee (unholy rogué).

I prefer playing SV for Raden (25), i have played BM as well though. If playing BM BS is a must and if you out gear the fight it might be worth using fervor over DB and time it so your pet can blink to the orb every time. Outside of that, make a simple macro that targets both the orbs in the first phase and second phase so you can change targets sooner. Have someone calling where the orbs spawn (by each vita soaking marker, behind boss etc.) Once you have targeted the add if you are out of range move slightly closer to it (do not go to far or you will wipe the raid). If adds are an issue, I'd suggest SV with BS/Fervor. I personally go SV with fervor/amoc now and that seems to work for me (rank 1 25m raden xD).

Don't know specific 10m strat but I've heard its pretty similar you just have more time to execute everything.

We're still on lei shen (.5% wipe), but I still think I should be able to help. Are you pooling focus for the orb? I think it should be an easy swap for BM with blink strikes. What were you doing in preparation for the orb?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Just looking at your comp #1 have your paladin solo tank. #2 If this is possible drop the unholy for a fourth range or drop a healer for a range dps. The latter is what we did with 5 attempts remaining having never seen P2. We killed it on the last pull and first P2 ever. Boss dps does not matter at all. So during progression everyone should swap to be safe. This really isn't a dps race in today's gear. Its all about dpsing the red orbs.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-06-24 at 01:22 PM.

i used this macro for the orbs in p1 and 2
    /tar Essence of Anima
    /tar Corrupted Anima
    /petattack
    and i played bm (25 man)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Turkey said, drop the tank. You should be fine with a third healer though, so long as they help DPS the orb. Some of our healers were doing several million damage to orbs over the course of the fight.

Both specs are capable of doing decent dps to the balls, but I personally had an easier time of it with SV. As SV you can just leave your pet on passive on the boss. As both specs, save your glaive toss for the ball spawn, pool focus beforehand and don't bother using serpent sting on them.

Make the following macro:
    /tar Essence of Anima
    /tar Corrupted Anima
    /petattack - ***ONLY BM***

Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    (rank 1 25m raden xD).
    Damn you, that was mine on Tuesday. I'LL GET IT BACK. (I see you scumbag DPSing in P2 tho)
    US #28 13/13H @ 9hrs/wk

Hi, I've done 25 man progression so I'm not too sure how well the checks will go for you.

Make a targetting macro and put it on a keybind that's very easy to spam. I've got my targetting macro as the mouse button closest to my thumb (MB4).

Here's my targetting macro for T15

Code:
    /tar Lei Shen
    /tar Zandalari Dinomancer
    /tar Blessed Loa
    /tar Shadowed Loa
    /tar Suen
    /tar Dark Animus
    /tar Durumu
    /tar Essence of Anima
    /tar Corrupted Anima
    /tar Vampiric
    /tar Unharnessed
    /tar Crimson
    Feel free to add Crackling Stalker BEFORE the Anima orbs on the macro or you'll always target the Stalker that's up while orbs go out.

I've play all three specs for the fight (Only kills with BM and MM). If you choose BM, I'd recommend using Fervor/Blink Strikes. I prefer Fervor for this fight since boss damage doesn't matter and Dire Beast won't be very effective versus the orbs and if you do use it on orbs, then it will have to deal with travel time, limiting effectiveness. If you can manage the micromanagement, toggle Dash off and make a macro so you command your pet to dash.

You want to alternate your Glaive Toss on Orbs and Boss/Stalkers.
    For example:
    Glaive Toss 1: Boss
    Glaive Toss 2: Orb
    Glaive Toss 3: Boss

I'd recommend putting a /petattack line in a Glaive Toss macro if you haven't already.

Code:
    #showtooltip Glaive Toss
    /cast Glaive Toss
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /use 6
    Here's the WeakAura we made for Materials of Creation cast (it's very obnoxious and gets the job done).

Code:
    d0trdaGAiOwVi0UGK2MOQzksMRuPzd42sQBcjUmPVbvESuLDkj7LA3i2Ve9tPcdtr9Bcph0qvKyWsy4aDqrPtPiLJPuNteSqr0sHiwmeQLl4Hqkpv1YuI1bb60envfMSuMoQlkkCvPI6zsvDDKSrivJdI0MrQTRi(Ss6Rks10GQ(oeWiHG8xrLrdLgVOOtcHCliQRjsDEO4Wc9APImkfjT3E4x738BE4tli8LjQUAbNFpbGi4HRwC1SR67QzZ(njeeiIzOzY(jZMk1llsMnvQxwKmBQu3p2JLcc0dFihdSh(nroOGI0CsFOGI08reH1aDSN2nBR1bb2D6AStzPcryxu0Mm29cksd2nRmGqIab1AW((qbfPLRh2iHOa(OeHSgmB2p2AswkirGCCqUUQbOhM9rykilPX4JwgvJmqIFKiRJSuq8WhYXa7HpJbu9bdkuzFWGcv2hciBkIfmlQn7xhLep8zmGQpyqHk7dguOY(raqSXPqbavZ(0sIeI1dFgdO6dguOY(GbfQSpeq2uwaA2SphKRRAWdFgdO6Rtuc7tr0jkH9zzT28BuHilfe)fFDIsyF0e1ioYLfPeR(uqnhfrYoPpfuZbbvaGQyT6K(qqfaOkwR(OezniJaWYcbDzbAbnYsbXSFqxLcYadO6ZAMSpciBmwJosNtNhp(z8PtybhUDc9nnY4t7Nzh00qLn6iNENh3oH(424w27D)8Mg5859Pfe2pdGjDgrLfOliSpHQEeKRRAa6QTpwvUILn65XpNEVSxww2P34siTPrgps9X0bnnuzxT3Z(aIyZdFkOMlrbrDs)efe1FGniiAzHGUSyGLI00GFqaOE4xtbWspmB2SVS5JKgcwwGsK1Gmcalle0LfOf0ilfKYIP2lc5Pz2h6VrfpQ4qDp7pXvB8ZZMTb
    When you hear the Air horn go off, you've got about 2 seconds to get under the boss to be central to all spawns, ready your macro, and start firing. With the range of Blink Strikes nerfed to 30 yards, you'll have about 2-3 GCDs before your pet can touch the orb (Kill Command range is 25 yards). Your orb rotation will look something like: GT > AS > AS > KC > Fervor > AS > AS, etc. It's imperative you don't mess up your Fervor timing since the orbs are every 32(?) seconds apart or you might focus starve during your Arcane Shot dump. As the first orbs come out, I'll blow Fervor on the second GCD regardless if I need the focus or not.

MM can actually be pretty viable for this fight if you play is smart. You've got a long Careful Aim phase and you'll always get a huge crit from Aimed Shot on each and every orb. I'd recommend Fervor and AMoC for this spec. Additionally, don't use that Glaive Toss macro from before and let your pet tunnel the boss or adds, it's not worth losing the DPS from your pet on the move.

The basic premise of this spec is to sit on Instant Aimed Shot procs as the Materials of Creation timer is about to go off. WeakAura goes off, you hit your target macro, AiS > CS > GT > Fervor > AS > AS etc. Only thing that really sucks for this is the need to recast Aimed Shot on the boss since every third Chimera Shot will go to the orb (If you can make the DPS check on orbs, you can drop CS on the orbs and leave it for refreshing SrS on the boss.)

One thing I don't like about MM is the difficulty of getting Hunter's Mark on targets which is why I have CS before GT on the orbs. If you feel the need to attack Crackling Stalkers, do it during Careful Aim phase (Steady Shot until 80% and switch off) and during Kill Shot phase.

Additionally, don't be frightened by MM because of how clunky AiS can be. Outside of Careful Aim phase, you never have to hardcast Aimed Shot (including during Haste effects). Feel free to Arcane Shot dump during that P2 Rapid Fire if you feel you'll be more comfortable with it.

Here are logs when I was MM:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gg...?s=2723&e=3167
    Here's Orb damage:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gg...167&target=108

Disclaimer: Don't go MM and tell your raid leader is best. Test it on a few pulls, if it's not working then switch back to BM. BM will outperform MM it's just that MM is slightly viable for this fight.

BM has always done the most for me. Orbs are every 34s? and blink strikes will always be up. I'm usually top damage done on orbs. Just save focus and spells for when they come. Call out in voice chat 3s before. Are you also 1 tanking it?

our roster is limited even if we 1 tank the fight we have no other range to replace that tank so we will gain another melee dps.

my only issue with orbs is pet not wanting to move and BS is going on CD even when hugging the boss.

i will give SV and prolly MM a shot (not so confident playing MM because i have long time i dont play it since firelands).

ty all for the advice. starting to watch some videos and Reading the journal (if there is 1 for it)

BM is the best spec for that fight really - if you have issues with orb damage (not caused by your low damage) then just put another melee on the orbs.

Deleted
    Are you supposed to 2 tank this on 10 man?

Anyway this is all from a 25 man perspective so I'm not sure if this applies to 10 man, but I personally don't see a reason to go Survival on this fight. You will have Blink Strikes' teleport up for every orb so your pet moving to the orb shouldn't be too much of an issue. Our other Hunter tried Survival last week and long story short it didn't go too well in terms of orb DPS. You'll have the advantage of rolling Serpent Sting on the lightning add and Ra-Den while dealing with the orb, but the loss of orb DPS wasn't worth it.

The moment the orbs spawn I mash the following macro:

/target Essence of Anima
    /target Corrupted Anima
    /use Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /use Fire Breath

Because it takes our Warlocks a global cooldown tto apply the curse of elements debuff I ran with a Dragonhawk and simply turned off autocast on the Fire Breath and added it to the macro. I'd suggest the exact same macro for Survival unless you are really, really confident in your raid. The DPS on the boss is pointless if your raid wipes because the orb didn't die in time.

Save your level 60 talent for the orb as well as Glaive Toss. Don't forget to pool close to 100 focus beforehand. I ran with Dire Beast the other kills and tried Fervor last night. I'm still not completely sold on either talent. All in all I will probably go back to Dire Beast from now on. You can save a Bestial Wrath every odd orb as well.

You can 1 tank it easily just stun the add as you kill it. Many people also push the add back but we sort of didn't most of the time and it was fine lol. Just make the effort to not stand on it when it dies. We also rolled with 3 melee dps one of which did monster orb dps on the kill so that's fine just have them swap too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    so we got last night leishen, drop a few attempts on raden and we were lost pretty much without a solid strat, we decided to take the night and look at videos strats for the fight.

any advice for this fight as a hunter?. in the 10 attempts we did i notice that everyone had to switch to red add and tried as bm to see how it was and the damage was good on boss but on add it was bad not to mention painfull to make my pet switch, did couple of attempts as SV and it was much better on add and OK overall.

would love to hear some tips from the hunters that did it.

we are a 10 man guild and have 20 attempts left. our raid comp is 2 tanks(paladin warrior), 3 healers (disc monk shaman), 3 range (ele shaman, myself, warlock or shadow priest), 2 melee (unholy rogué).
    I've killed it as both SV and BM and I think they are reasonably close. With BM you can keep up Beast Cleave when the add is up, SV you can keep Sting rolling on both.

As BM it is tempting to be a complete scumbag and just leave your pet on the boss, but that is really stupid especially if you aren't on farm.

Your overall boss DPS as BM will be a lot higher, although SV will be much higher on the orbs if done right.

If you are killing it for the first time, the only things that can wipe you are tank deaths, and not killing the orbs in time. For that reason I would say go SV. Make sure to pool focus when the orbs are incoming, save Glaive for them, and if you get any L&Ls with the orbs within a few seconds, save them also.

Its worth picking up Intimidation for the add, and make sure to Kill Shot it when you knock it out of melee.

The fight is a complete joke, we killed it in fewer pulls when Jinrokh.
    Last edited by mmoc89dd5782ca; 2013-06-24 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Seriously don't go SV or MM. BM is far superior for this fight because you do more boss and add damage. Just check out the WoL rankings for the Hunter specs http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...a-den/25H/dps/ .
    If you want an easy Rank in WoL you can go SV or MM sure but if you want to support your guild and do more damage. BM with an Wind Serpent (Lightning Breath auto toggle off) is the best choice.

#showtooltip Dash(Ferocity, Cunning Ability)
    /target Corrupted Anima
    /target Essence of Anima
    /petattack
    /cast Lightning Breath(Special Ability)

Running 3 melee + 1 tank is most definitely annoying but not that bad as we managed lol. We did waste a lot of attempts due to melee running out to kill orbs and getting zapped.

The best advice I can give you is obviously run BS with pet, pool focus 5s prior, and maybe even save KC/GT or LnL procs if appropriate. It's also not all on you, if your Warlock is comfortable, he should go destruction for CB, the Priest should save orbs for DP. I'm not exactly sure what the Shaman can do for on-demand burst (maybe UE+EB? It's doubtful that he'd wanna waste a FS just for 1 LB with chance of instants lol).
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

in 10 man you dont have the luxury to run the pet you want, i gota provide crit so having that dragonhawk is a no for me.

we didnt had melee switch prolly because we didnt know anything about the fight and just wanted to put some attempts into it. i wasnt having issues with my focus when orbs went down, as bm the only issue i had was that my pet wasnt moving at all. the BS was on cd due to me dpsing the boss on the go as i always do, i guess i can just wait until boss is next to me to start dpsing so my pet will have BS for the 1st orb (go pvp nerfs).

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Running 3 melee + 1 tank is most definitely annoying but not that bad as we managed lol. We did waste a lot of attempts due to melee running out to kill orbs and getting zapped.

The best advice I can give you is obviously run BS with pet, pool focus 5s prior, and maybe even save KC/GT or LnL procs if appropriate. It's also not all on you, if your Warlock is comfortable, he should go destruction for CB, the Priest should save orbs for DP. I'm not exactly sure what the Shaman can do for on-demand burst (maybe UE+EB? It's doubtful that he'd wanna waste a FS just for 1 LB with chance of instants lol).
    we dont have warlock, priest, shaman and myself. the priest was there because just because we need the help for leishen, i dont know if he is going to be there anymore. and our lock is just a retard, shamans usually switch and do what we told him to do and do not pad but our lock is just a retard. he pads and end up deadlast in dps. we dont know whats his deal.

idk how are locks for lei shen but this was our 1st kill (hawkwap is the priest we had that usually dont run with us)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6931&e=7458
    in there you can see the raden attempts as well.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 04:33 PM ----------

im not sure if this is a 25 <> 10 man but dosnt seem like in 10 man you have the luxury to do what u can do in 25 man, im prolly wrong but i know my dps on the orb need to be perfect.