Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Why don't you just let your OT go to nest two and you go to nest 4, you already mentioned that he starts tanking so if you just start the fight down at nest 1 while your co tank is tanking you can fly up and take boss and he can still easily get to his nest in time, leaving you with a feather to fly up to nest 4 while your OT takes boss during that time...

that's how we do it

we only have to go to three nests total as tanks in our guild before we start nuking btw, round same ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned, that was our old "strat" - will be trying that one this week So you just finish of the 8th nest (3rd Nest guardian) and nuke then?
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

For us it was usually the 2nd upper nest guardian (#11?) or around 30% before we started nuking the boss.

If you only have to take 4 talon rakes just do something like this

1st = blood shield

2nd = blood shield

3rd = make sure bone shield is up + unglyphed vamp blood

4th= IBF

I've taken as much as 6 in dps gear gemmed crit/haste just have to be smart about it remember you can call for externals and purg can be used as a Talon Rake CD as well just make sure you have a minion to sac and death pact up (and you tell your healers "I'm gunna proc purg on the next Talon Rake" so that they are prepared)

edit : I tend to prefer corruption over BT for this fight but its up to you
    Last edited by Whiteout; 2013-06-26 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post

At which point is nuking the boss possible with current gearlevels? Iirc our raid is around 525-ish.
    If the boss is at or under 50% by nest 9, you can ignore nest 10 and beyond. If she's at 50%, it might be close, but proper handling of the mechanics (not standing in slime, not having more than one person getting hit by caw, stacking up for quills healing, etc) will get you a kill. If she's under 50%, it should be a breeze.

If she's not under 50% by nest 9, make sure your DPS (and maybe even one of the tanks, feather permitting) know how to handle Primal Nutriment. Odds are that someone isn't grabbing them in the air and that's why the boss' health isn't low enough. I'm guessing that won't be an issue, though. Good luck!

Also, don't worry too much if you start losing players. My co-tank and I (plus a healer) had to finish the boss from 5-8% on our first kill and it wasn't bad at all.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-06-26 at 04:06 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    just downed him last night, and i ended up taking 4 no problem, and i'm using a haste build (i did use 2 stam trinks for this fight). first 2 strikes, just used bs, 3rd vb, and 4th ibf.