Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Reason You Aren't Successful

If you feel like you aren't successful at something, be it relationships, career opportunity, etc. I'm going to post an article for you that was incredibly insightful and it made me rethink a lot about things. If you want a synopsis it pretty much says, It is not enough to be something but you have to do something and have something to offer to succeed in the world and whatever you want to be successful at.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-...better-person/

The writer has a brilliant point and it is definitely worth reading.

I don't see anything in there for being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally everything is going ok in life. I am finishing off my car payments and it still runs like a charm. I graduated from collage I got a internship and If I stay their for a year im open game for the job and me and my girlfriend are doing great. So I don't think I have any regrets because it seems like everything is going fine. The only bad part about it IS MY ADDICTION OF MMO-CHAMPION! ( just kidding )

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    personally everything is going ok in life. I am finishing off my car payments and it still runs like a charm. I graduated from collage I got a internship and If I stay their for a year im open game for the job and me and my girlfriend are doing great. So I don't think I have any regrets because it seems like everything is going fine. The only bad part about it IS MY ADDICTION OF MMO-CHAMPION! ( just kidding )
    Then the article isn't really for you, it's more aimed at the people who are having trouble finding success, which you seemed to have found.

I think even after some people find "success", they don't feel successful because many times societies definition of "success" trains people to think that is what should make them happy.(instead of figuring out what makes them happy on their own) Frankly as far as I am concerned success is happiness. If you are the richest man on the planet and miserable all the time, I say you have failed at understanding what life is about. Step 1, figure out what makes you happy. Step 2, do it. Result = success. Just my opinion.

Apparently that article wasnt all that helpful to me, but I did find out why I am unsuccessful at job hunting

I have high well defined cheekbones. I can't be trusted!

I knew a cracked article would be linked. Yes, that's all I have to add. Nothing constructive, sorry.

Actually, the article is correct on a few counts, especially people thinking of bullshit reasons to reject criticism. If you go to a person who is bad at their job and tell them that, 99% of the time the response will be something like "you don't have the right to talk to me like that".

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    If you feel like you aren't successful at something, be it relationships, career opportunity, etc. I'm going to post an article for you that was incredibly insightful and it made me rethink a lot about things. If you want a synopsis it pretty much says, It is not enough to be something but you have to do something and have something to offer to succeed in the world and whatever you want to be successful at.

The writer has a brilliant point and it is definitely worth reading.
    It's absolutely bollocks, though, since the author does not describe 'success,' but assumes it is a universally understood principle. I can understand what the author believes to be 'success,' but I disagree with the definition.

For me, 'success' is about having as little as possible to do with that dog-eat-dog world of privately controlled market capitalism. I have love, I have friendship, and I have happiness (for as much as physically possible, anyway).

To bow down to the society of 'I need, me, me, me' is not 'success.' It is 'the drive to become the top slave.' Success is happiness.
    Edit: If your happiness happens to coincide with the guideline above, then all fine and dandy. If not, then still all fine and dandy.

Deleted
    Im not successful because im not on facebook and spend all my working day on mmo-c :*(

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Im not successful because im not on facebook and spend all my working day on mmo-c :*(
    Are you successful at reading your day away at MMO-C? :P

I am not successful because I was born and live in Greece. Beautiful country, lovely climate, perfect History but for a reason success has left the building a few thousand years ago!

How awkward it would be if someone linked Vizzle's articles and vizzle commented in the thread...

i'm not successful because i don't try and if i try i end up quitting.

i don't need some article to tell me that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Are you successful at reading your day away at MMO-C? :P
    Yes. Yes I am \o/

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Yes. Yes I am \o/
    Remember, in my definition, you're only successful at it if it brings you happiness!

Deleted
    Im successful enough.. I guess I could be more successful, a lot more but what I like doing doesn't pay me so I'd rather have a balance. Enough free time to enjoy what I have and enough money to enjoy my time. Sure I'd love to have billions but if it means having to sit in some office 60-80 hours a week and have a lot of responsibilities and stress, no thanks. That goes for everything else too. I dont want my schedule filled up with obligations.

What stops me from going further is simple satisfaction. As long as I can live comfortably I tend to not work very hard to get beyond it. It doesn't mean things are bad. It just means the odds of me making the next big step are pretty unlikely. Pretty much as long as the house, car, and standard of living are paid for then both my wife and myself are totally happy. We just won't ever be 'rich' or 'powerful' but I suppose that isn't really one of our goals. Just being happy is and at least in that we are very successful.

My reason is simple I just failed at life.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason Im not successful is because I took the easy route and I know that wasnt a smart choice for have a decent life.