Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW3VZs3gx2A

Or like I said, play the game and experience it for yourself and have fun with this happening with , like i said, 90% of the monsters in the game. It is how it was designed. Hits / misses/ dodges / blocks are determined as soon as the animation for the monster begins, not when it ends. I'm not gonna bother trying to inform your willfully ignorant ass any more.

The only attacks that DONT act in this manner are the very few specifically designed to act otherwise, typically bosses (because blizzards idea of bosses were to be pushovers).

GG no RE
    /facepalm . . . thats a wind up ability, you see the animation? Have you played D3 before? There are no 'melee' abilities like WoW. Some abilities lock on, and others dont. Its a fact.

Are you going to tell us how Athene beat hardcore inferno naked, or are you going to keep pulling BS out of your ass? Clearly all melee abilities hit him, so how the hell was he able to get out of act one?

Keep up little guy. You can do it. Here is the quote from the guy who made the video you posted above: ".... it seems like it depends on the type of monsters. I got hit by zombie and skeleton way out of range, but I can actually dodge most of the attacks from Grotesque.... " Since its clear you have never played D3, Ill let you in on a little secret, Grotesque have 0 ranged abilities. Unless you count PBAoE kamakazi, which can be dodged too.

So yeah. Keep trying.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-07-03 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think you mean "Never progressing" as you can play for 5000 hours and not have gear worth squat, which is the main argument against the game. A grind is a grind, but paragon levels don't give you any kind of accomplishment feeling.

And you really need to stop promoting the hardcore thing. It's not for everyone, and there is ZERO reason that softcore and hardcore be completely different games.
    As a moderator I would call out: "you are kidding ..."

Softcore / Hardcore are complete different games because:

1. The economy works in hardcore as it resets constantly. Gems, armor, weapons dissapear all the time: making the economy and trading WORK.
    2. In hardcore D3 becomes a RESOURCE management system. Your trading/crafting has a purpose and is even needed to acquire the gold..
    To just give one example: creating gems and selling them makes sense since the highest gems can only be crafted with higher HC avatars (that survive on a daily basis).

3. The goal in hardcore is to survive. The gear chase is only a means to that end.
    4. The goal for MOST HC players is to down Diablo in Inferno and even that will take a while ... for all classes.

As the goal changes, the game changes.

Simple as that.

And actually the hardcore play is for everyone as every death is not even that loss you think it is ... as professions stay on lvl 10, gold stays in, crafting plans stay and the gear you stocked is there to support the next guys coming.

I already said it several times here: your ATTITUDE as a moderator to this game is UNACCEPTABLE.

For instance your comment above is nothing short of trolling a game you need to monitor.

I think it is way below average by stating "facts" you can't even defend when you never even played HC in D3.

Let alone be a moderator.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-04 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    10 million copies sold? Jay Wilson, you can ruin my franchise any day....
    Just want to say that popularity doesn't equate quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    As for the OP, he was in charge of the ship, he OKed the design choices and therefore is responsible :P
    Basically this.

Also his attitude was a massive problem. He was arrogant, rude, condescending, argued with people and doubletalked a lot. People don't like that sort of behaviour.

The problem with Diablo 3 was a seemingly massive design change halfway through the beta. People really didn't like it, said they didn't like it, but it stayed anyway. Feedback is very important.

Edit: I don't think it helps our view on the matter either considering the Console version is shaping up to be far superior.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-07-06 at 10:55 AM.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    was jay fired or did he decide to step down himself?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Jay transferred to another project, maybe Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Just because a lot of people bought the game doesn't make it a good game :P You can tell by the amount of changes they have done over time and are planning to do that it wasn't as good as it should've been.

I had fun in the beginning but once I hit inferno and realized it was just a massive gear check that required you to farm gold to buy stuff off the AH i quickly quit the game. It got annoying to farm the first two acts in inferno for a week and only get 1 upgrade. The gameplay wasn't bad, but farming gold to buy stuff off the AH was a poor design choice. What was the final nail? They nerfed attack speed (after my monk bought a bunch of attack speed gear) then proceeded to nerf other abilities. Its REALLY annoying to finally put belial on farm and then blizzard walks in and I can't kill him anymore. Also 4 difficulties that you had to do in order made me burnout pretty damn quickly trying to get other characters to inferno.

As for the OP, he was in charge of the ship, he OKed the design choices and therefore is responsible :P
    this is false misinformation, Rob Pardo made all of the design choices and even STATED so in a long and drawn out article ON THE BLIZZARD WEBSITE, and anyone who never made it to inferno pre monster power inclusion has no idea what they're talking about in this thread, which means only about 1% of the playerbase of D3 since only 1% even finished act 4 Hell in the first couple months of release

I didn't, and still don't, like D3 that much. A lot of it comes from two things:
    1) Game depends too much on your loot
    2) Skills feel really lackluster

Part of the problem is there isn't any real customization as you level up in D3. I mean you unlock new runes and skills, but you have no choice when it happens. It's not a fun system for people used to skill builds from D2. I don't think D2 had it perfect or anything, but it was fun how you could spread points out as you saw fit for your skills at least.

But still, the game of D3 depends WAY too much on your loot. In D2 you can make a lot of classes pretty powerful before you get uber loot. When I played D3 around launch, it always felt like if I didn't have some awesome gear every 5th level or so, my character felt really weak. This winds up being frustrating when drops are so randomized AND the game has an AH, so you can pretty much always find the item you want but have to spend lots of gold on it most of the time. I guess what I'm saying is gear is way too important to your overall performance. Especially weapons. My Wizard is pretty crappy, but he went from dying constantly in Inferno to slaughtering hordes of enemies with no problem, and all I did was upgrade his weapon.

That said, point 2 that I made is that skills feel lackluster. IMO there aren't many skills where I want to cast them/use them and think they're awesome, especially compared to D2. I have fond memories of things like my Meteor/Frozen Orb sorc, zealot paladin, Frenzy/WW barb, skelemancer, bonemancer etc. but most of the time in D3, when I was playing a character, I never had a signature skill that felt awesome. Not even when I got Meteor on my wizard. I'm not saying they should have given us the exact same skills as D2. I'm really saying they should have spent more time making it so each class has 3-4 skills you really want to use as a central focus because they're just too cool not to use.

I have lots of other problems with D3, but it's not the worst game of this genre I've played. And personally I think it's better than Torchlight 2 or Titan Quest, which are/were arguably the best (or most hyped, anyway) titles like the Diablo franchise.

And just to answer the OP's question, I don't think all of these things can be laid at Jay Wilson's feet. He's not the one responsible for all the problems. But obviously Blizzard made him the spokesperson for the game and then made it convenient for us to lay blame at his feet. Similar to Ghostcrawler and WOW, or their other prominent designers before Ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    was jay fired or did he decide to step down himself?
    No one knows at who's request it was that he changed projects. We just know that he's working on something secret. And considering his past in RTS, it's probably Legacy of the Void.

Its called "the buck stops here". Jay Wilson was the guy in charge. He takes the blame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Its called "the buck stops here". Jay Wilson was the guy in charge. He takes the blame.
    Jay Wilson was the lead game designer. Rob Pardo was the executive producer. If anyone gets the singular blame for ruining the franchise it will be the guy in charge and that was Rob Pardo as the Executive Producer of Diablo 3. Ultimately he had the final veto and say over anything in Diablo 3. Rob Pardo even says as much at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...?page=106#2104

So if people are going to hang onto an irrational hatred and keep blaming one person, at least blame the right person.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Endom View Post
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"][I][U]
    A short time after the closing of Blizzard North, Vivendi allowed the merge of Activision with Blizzard (creating a company that - at the time - rivaled in size with EA).
    Vivendi didn't "allow" merge of Activision and Blizzard. Vivendi and Activision merged together and Blizzard, as a subsidiary of Vivendi of course was part of the package. The name "Activision Blizzard" was due to both being well known brands and now combined.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

he ruined diablo 3 and i would rather die then play another minute of diablo 3 because of him