Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If they spent less time making new dailies, we'd have all new models by now. TECHNICALLY, the new models should have come with Cataclysm. They changed the face of Azeroth for the worst and left the same old skins in the game.
    Unfortunately you exhibit your ignorance with regard to how design on a game works. The people that design and create quests do not necessarily have the same expertise in doing model creation. You are giving a false equivalence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaric View Post
    Unfortunately you exhibit your ignorance with regard to how design on a game works. The people that design and create quests do not necessarily have the same expertise in doing model creation. You are giving a false equivalence.
    Insults are not necessary, but since you went there, I'll simplify it for you the way I did the other pedantic. Reduce the quest design staff and increase the art design staff for characters. Better?

You can't come out and say 'Feature X will be released on day Y.' because shit happens and sometimes you can't hit day Y but the gamers don't forget dates, and if you don't hit the date for perfectly logical and reasonable reasons then a shit storm happens and suddenly the sky is falling again. Every time they missed a warlock green fire release date chickens lost their heads by the millions.

Blizzard has learned a few lessons in its time making wow work and one of them is that you don't give a definite date on anything.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know I got to ask but how does a multi billion company have trouble in making god dam new models? Valynr or whatever his name is one person and he does it just fine lol

If they spent less time making new dailies, we'd have all new models by now. TECHNICALLY, the new models should have come with Cataclysm. They changed the face of Azeroth for the worst and left the same old skins in the game.
    Didn't know quest designers were artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering models were first promised at Blizzcon 2011, we should be fine.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Didn't know quest designers were artists.
    Another one who needs a breakdown. Fire 90% of the quest design staff and hire 10 more character artists.

Insults are not necessary, but since you went there, I'll simplify it for you the way I did the other pedantic. Reduce the quest design staff and increase the art design staff for characters. Better?
    5.3 added 10 quests to the game. Oh, I guess they split out one quest into three.

EDIT: GC has also tweeted multiple times that if the answer was just hiring random "art" people they would do so.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-06-25 at 03:23 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, in a post from a Blue a LONG time ago, they said they would work on the Origional Vanilla Models before anything... So far they have...

Deathwing + Varian + Jaina = New Human Models
    Thrall + Gorrosh = New Orc Models
    Vol'jin and/or ToT Trolls = New Troll Models
    Sylvanis = New Undead
    Tyrande + Aspects = New Night Elf Model

And ones that havent been done yet:

Gnomes, Dwarfs and Taurens...

Which can easily be fixed with new Textures for High Tinker Mekkatorque, The Dwarven Council (Mainly Moira because she actually helped Varian), and Baine for 5.4 (tin foil hat)
    Last edited by ZeleNC; 2013-06-25 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, scrap the crappy raids (waste of time mostly)... artists will have plenty of time to work on character models instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    5.3 added 10 quests to the game. Oh, I guess they split out one quest into three.
    And if they weren't so busy thinking up new dailies, and hiring new character designers instead, we'd have newer models. It's not like quest design is a punishing task. They take the same old "Kill "x" and bring me "y" quests over and over and just rehash it to make it look new. Maybe less focus on the rehash, and more focus and money for other depts who could actually improve the look and feel of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pandaren were a completely new model. The remakes are adjustments to existing models. I suspect it'd be faster.
    They're definitely not just reskinning the models (I know, that's not what you're saying). They'll get a new skeleton with many more joints, then new animations making use of the more detailed skeleton. They'll want to increase the polycount on the model to make them look less crude. Then a reskin.
    If they do all of this, it's basically creating a new model and will take quite some time.

Another one who needs a breakdown. Fire 90% of the quest design staff and hire 10 more character artists.
    Because that is the best way to develop a game.

Fire your quest developers from an MMORPG game, so that you can hire more artists for a single project. Genius!

(In case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic - You're a moron.)

Deleted
    With your logic the game designer team could be 200 strong and we would have the most balanced game in the world. Lets be honest, it doesn't work like that.

Too many chefs spoil the broth, and all that.

And if they weren't so busy thinking up new dailies, and hiring new character designers instead, we'd have newer models. It's not like quest design is a punishing task. They take the same old "Kill "x" and bring me "y" quests over and over and just rehash it to make it look new. Maybe less focus on the rehash, and more focus and money for other depts who could actually improve the look and feel of the game.
    Look, we get it. You think you're hardcore because you're parroting the "Dailies suck!!!" chant even though Dailies stopped being needed for endgame gear over four months ago. Just move on to another thread to bemoan something that's no longer relevant to what you're pretending to be.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    ...promised...
    'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

PS: You're welcome internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    They're definitely not just reskinning the models (I know, that's not what you're saying). They'll get a new skeleton with many more joints, then new animations making use of the more detailed skeleton. They'll want to increase the polycount on the model to make them look less crude. Then a reskin.
    If they do all of this, it's basically creating a new model and will take quite some time.
    I think his point was more the fact they can skip the designing phase (or at least most of it) as they know what they want the races to look like as they already exist.

Deleted
    I prefer more raid content/stuff to do than my character lifting her eyebrow. Tbh I'm not really excited about new models, if it's just a small polish up from it's current state then it's ridiculous to even care for such an update (IMO don't flame). The new Garrosh model looks ok but it's hands look dumb, definately an upgrade over the old orc hands but still lame and dumb. I have lost interest in seeing my human just being a polished version of what it is now or a few better animations (if they are better even), it's not like I have time to look at my character when I pvp/pve (unless I want to die ofc :P).

Deleted
    Lets be honest, this shit has to come in the next expac, WoW has one of the worst character customization tools in the entire mmo market and the low res 9 year old models with half a dozen facial/earring options aren't gonna cut it for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pandaren were a completely new model. The remakes are adjustments to existing models. I suspect it'd be faster.
    Nope...it would actually be more work and sloppy to try and make adjustments to the current models.