Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    Woah woah woah! Now we are talking semantics... Either you want new models... or you want new animations and everything, when does it end?
    Blizzard said that all new models will come with new animations

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I didn't create 16k+ threads on the official site asking for new character models. So, in an effort to compromise with someone like you... "What SOME players want".
    Speak for yourself. Don't speak for others you think share your views unless they told you to. It's "I", not "we" and certainly not "they".
    Also, you might want to check those threads. Quite a few aren't about the new models for the old races. Not that number of threads on a forum is indicative of anything anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice thing about personal opinions. Others don't have to agree.
    I don't see blizzard firing any of the quest makers do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Blizzard said that all new models will come with new animations
    New Dance Models... Still holding breath!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypocrisy much? Your opinion... just as subjective.

Notice the IMO. Never said mine wasn't subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I honestly don't give two shits about new character models and I don't see why so many people have this as their main concern. I would rather they focus on emmersive gameplay than making the characters shinier.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm not "pretending" to be anything. I am stating that since there is no originality in questing, it would be a small undertaking to reduce the quest creation team and increase the art department, even if it was just for 90 days. OR, they could actually open that big ole wallet of theirs and hire an extra art design team for 90-180 days to make the new models. Don't just assume my disdain for dailies and my long time want of new character models are mutually exclusive. Unlike some, I can balance my dislike for the way they've handled things so far quite well.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:40 AM ----------

You, and the other content junkies are why this game looks old and rundown. If they laid off the content for awhile, upgraded their coding and their engines, and relaunched, they would be more popular than ever. But instead, they listen to the players who tell them to just turn out more stuff and not to worry about the old stuff.
    And as always, you remain clueless.... Did I say that I wanted them to churn out content always? No. Did I say that the content and story is more important to the game and helps keep it alive a lot longer than new models, which honestly is just a gimmick? Yes, yes I did.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't see blizzard firing any of the quest makers do you?
    I don't see them doing anything but lying to our faces and blowing smoke up our backsides.

If you have a problem with my opinion on the matter, maybe you should just add me to ignore. It is my opinion that they need to increase the art dept, even if only for a short time, to respond to the players and give them what they have been asking for, for years.
    I never put people on ignore because I consider putting somebody on ignore because you don't agree with them to be both childish and petty.

In any case, I just showed you, Blizzard is increasing their art department, and contrary to popular belief, just furiously throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it faster.

Let's be realistic about this: there are, what, 12 races? 3 of them, Pandas, Goblins, Worgen, will not receive a remodel for sure. It is quite possible blood elves and draenei won't either. So, being conservative, there's a good chance that it's only the vanilla races that will be updated. Ok, so 8 races. 2 genders a piece.

So that's 16 models. That's 16 character artists, because you can't have multiple people working on the same model at the same time, because that gives you inconsistent design. Let's say that they even have 1 concept artist per race, per gender, so 32 total artists, half of them doing the purely visual stuff, half of them modelling and rigging up the animation. That's still not a lot of artists, and Blizzard has more artists than this. But now let's scale it back a bit; Blizzard can't have this many people all working on the character art! Here's why:

The 'Blizzard style.' You can't have 16 concept artists and 16 character modellers all working on 16 different models and expect to come out with 16 different final products that have any consistency of style. That means that you need to have a smaller team of people who work on multiple races/genders to make sure that there's consistent style between them. And it takes time to rig up all of that animation. Go in game right now and zoom in on a pandaren's face. Just go do it. It's a ton of articulation, and worse, Blizzard can't just hash this shit out over a week, because they're basically going in and changing the character models of a game that people have played for nearly a decade. They know, for a fact, that people like you will get angry about it on the forums, no matter if they do it early, or later, or quickly, or badly, or expertly.

TL;DR: shoving money into Blizzard mainframes like Scrooge McDuck trying to figure out how a computer works doesn't make the process go quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notice the IMO. Never said mine wasn't subjective.
    You inferred I was tossing my opinion around as more than just opinion. Everything I say is an opinion. If I say I think this game is full of hardcore content junkies who would raid with characters that look like Mr. Hanky just because they released new content, that would still be just my opinion. Nothing I am saying really matters anyway since Blizz is notorious for doing whatever the fuck it wants regardless of what it tells its player base. They must be excited to see so many people willing to swallow their bullshit and defend them to the death.

Deleted
    Yeah... NO

Fuck models. You don't see them under gear anyways. Give me more quests any day.
    Dont like most of the gear anyway. to much armor, to much covered

Seeing the new Garrosh model, I'd pray they are almost done.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    It'd be nice if we could at least see what they've got so far. I'm so damn curious about it.
    lol, so am I. I have been waiting so long to see these but I can wait a little longer because I know we will all eventually see these new models. I don't know if they are completely re-making the models or just taking the old ones and touching them up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I never put people on ignore because I consider putting somebody on ignore because you don't agree with them to be both childish and petty.

In any case, I just showed you, Blizzard is increasing their art department, and contrary to popular belief, just furiously throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it faster.

Let's be realistic about this: there are, what, 12 races? 3 of them, Pandas, Goblins, Worgen, will not receive a remodel for sure. It is quite possible blood elves and draenei won't either. So, being conservative, there's a good chance that it's only the vanilla races that will be updated. Ok, so 8 races. 2 genders a piece.

So that's 16 models. That's 16 character artists, because you can't have multiple people working on the same model at the same time, because that gives you inconsistent design. Let's say that they even have 1 concept artist per race, per gender, so 32 total artists, half of them doing the purely visual stuff, half of them modelling and rigging up the animation. That's still not a lot of artists, and Blizzard has more artists than this. But now let's scale it back a bit; Blizzard can't have this many people all working on the character art! Here's why:

The 'Blizzard style.' You can't have 16 concept artists and 16 character modellers all working on 16 different models and expect to come out with 16 different final products that have any consistency of style. That means that you need to have a smaller team of people who work on multiple races/genders to make sure that there's consistent style between them. And it takes time to rig up all of that animation. Go in game right now and zoom in on a pandaren's face. Just go do it. It's a ton of articulation, and worse, Blizzard can't just hash this shit out over a week, because they're basically going in and changing the character models of a game that people have played for nearly a decade. They know, for a fact, that people like you will get angry about it on the forums, no matter if they do it early, or later, or quickly, or badly, or expertly.

TL;DR: shoving money into Blizzard mainframes like Scrooge McDuck trying to figure out how a computer works doesn't make the process go quicker.
    They've had 2 years since the announcement to work on it, and apparently already have new models for Trolls, Humans, Dwarves, Orcs, and Night Elves (from new content releases) for the race (not playable). If this is the case, they only have 3 more to focus on and that should take no time at all. So, if they have in fact increased their group, and are working on it, there are certainly enough people speaking about it on this site and the official site to warrant a faster release. They don't have to throw money at it, but they DO need to deliver on a statement they made two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    lol, so am I. I have been waiting so long to see these but I can wait a little longer because I know we will all eventually see these new models. I don't know if they are completely re-making the models or just taking the old ones and touching them up?
    They won't show us because people will be extremely critical of them. Also, it's brand new models with new animations and skeletons and everything. They've remarked that their desire is to update them to the amount of movement and expressiveness that Pandaren have.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 09:28 AM ----------

They've had 2 years since the announcement to work on it, and apparently already have new models for Trolls, Humans, Dwarves, Orcs, and Night Elves (from new content releases) for the race (not playable). If this is the case, they only have 3 more to focus on and that should take no time at all. So, if they have in fact increased their group, and are working on it, there are certainly enough people speaking about it on this site and the official site to warrant a faster release. They don't have to throw money at it, but they DO need to deliver on a statement they made two years ago.
    So then what's the problem? We'll probably get them next expansion, which is most likely anywhere around 10 months away, if I had to give an off-the-cuff guess. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. They always make statements like that to not get our hopes up. Look at the dead realms -issue where they were "looking into it" and two days from that they announced the fix.
    Dead servers were a problem looooooong before they announced virtual realms.
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    So then what's the problem? We'll probably get them next expansion, which is most likely anywhere around 10 months away, if I had to give an off-the-cuff guess. Case closed.
    Case re-opened. We'll close it when they finally deliver on a statement they made to the players.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I don't see them doing anything but lying to our faces and blowing smoke up our backsides.
    Give it a rest will ya?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

All I see here is people whining and crying that they aren't getting their own way.

They won't update them one by one because the community is awful enough to cry about whatever race gets them first or second. I'm expecting the new models to be one of the major "features" of the next expansion.
    I <3 JK Rowling.