Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't think they changed anything Ghâzh.

7200RPM was key here and sicne he might also be recording (Youtube?) that's probably the best option. If there was no SSD I'd agree on the Black drive. If the HDD is pure storage then a Green drive is fine.

There are actually 7200RPM green drives now:

Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB $80

Blue is cheaper but less space:

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB $65

Then of course the Black drive:

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB $77 (32MB cache, not that it matters much)

I guess for only $12 extra it couldn't hurt with such a budget, just saying it isn't needed. 2 year extra warranty is nice, it's also louder if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I don't think they changed anything Ghâzh.

7200RPM was key here and sicne he might also be recording (Youtube?) that's probably the best option. If there was no SSD I'd agree on the Black drive. If the HDD is pure storage then a Green drive is fine.

There are actually 7200RPM green drives now:

Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB $80

Blue is cheaper but less space:

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB $65

Then of course the Black drive:

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB $77 (32MB cache, not that it matters much)

I guess for only $12 extra it couldn't hurt with such a budget, just saying it isn't needed. 2 year extra warranty is nice, it's also louder if that matters.
    My dad tolled me i had to cut prices and i thought of getting a gtx 770 and not the 780. I mainly will play WOW and counter.Do you really think my performance will be hit hard? Will i still be able to play wow in ultra with no problems (in the city etc?)?

Deleted
    No GTX 770 is absolutely fine. I'd still consider an IPS monitor instead, lowering GPU performance will have bigger impact. The again you wouldn't be running higher than ~55FPS in WoW ultra settings during raids and such anyways.

No GTX 770 is absolutely fine. I'd still consider an IPS monitor instead, lowering GPU performance will have bigger impact. The again you wouldn't be running higher than ~55FPS in WoW ultra settings during raids and such anyways.
    I dont PVE so i dont raid.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 09:07 PM ----------

This is the problem of the IPS is it has high response time and wont be good for counter or battlefield which i plan to play. Also people say that with 60hz monitor the screen shatters(or whatever its called).

10+ Year Old Account
    I play CS and BF3 on IPS and there arent problems. Given a good IPS, the response time isn't an issue. There isn't any screen tearing or stuttering from what I've experienced either. If you just PvP in WoW, the requirements for maxing out the game is much much lower. You'd only be getting the 770 for Battlefield, tbh. A TN panel would indeed have more smoothness in FPS assuming your setup can push over 90FPS or so. So that might drive costs up. Also you'd be throwing away the beautiful colors of an IPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamo696 View Post
    I dont PVE so i dont raid.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 09:07 PM ----------

This is the problem of the IPS is it has high response time and wont be good for counter or battlefield which i plan to play. Also people say that with 60hz monitor the screen shatters(or whatever its called).
    There is no screen tearing on a 60Hz screen with Vsync on and no reason not to use vSync if you're maxing out 60fps anyways. I know you have a 3+ page thread on this subject already and it's your choice.

There is no screen tearing on a 60Hz screen with Vsync on and no reason not to use vSync if you're maxing out 60fps anyways. I know you have a 3+ page thread on this subject already and it's your choice.
    Know i got 2 question first of all i see a post of yours in almost every place and u also respond fast do u work here lol?

Is H100i dangerous cause of leaking?or i should worry?

IPS vs 120hz seems to come down to:

IPS people think fluidity doesn't matter and that the color is terrible on TN panels.
    120hz people think the color on modern TNs is decent, and you get a far better and more fluid experience with 120hz.

If you had 2 options:

1.Buy all parts from microcenter pay 140 more and then 200 more for insurance incase something happens i get covered. Total cost 3100.

2.Buy parts from where pc part picker says the cheapest is and pay only 140 for building and i cant pay the 200 for insurance so if something happens i would be lost.

Thank you and sorry for my little knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you pay for insurance? Every part have warranty, if something is broken you send it in from the place you bought it and they will do an RMA for you.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Why would you pay for insurance? Every part have warranty, if something is broken you send it in from the place you bought it and they will do an RMA for you.
    I know about that but what if i don't know what broke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamo696 View Post
    I know about that but what if i don't know what broke?
    You save $200 and just ask on here! =D

I know this is a game website/forum, but there is probably about 200 years of combined tech support/repair experience between many of the posters here.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab