Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cop kills man in road rage incident.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/06...ent-89870.html

Maryland State Police officials have charged 40-year-old Joseph Walker with second-degree murder and manslaughter in connection with the shooting, which killed Joseph Harvey, Jr., a 36-year-old Halethorpe resident.

Walker, an Eastampton Township, N.J. resident, is being held at an Anne Arundel County jail on $1 million bond. He is an officer with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/06...#ixzz2XHbgv5nX
    Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

I'll tell ya, the 90% of bad apples really make it hard for the 10% of cops that are just good people doing their jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    He obviously wasn't on duty so I don't really see the focus on him being a cop other than to start a "fuck the police" thread.

How much different could this have been in the officer was on duty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'll tell ya, the 90% of bad apples really make it hard for the 10% of cops that are just good people doing their jobs.
    Im hard pressed to believe that 90% of police officers are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    He obviously wasn't on duty so I don't really see the focus on him being a cop other than to start a "fuck the police" thread.
    You don't see how an officer not following the rules he's suppose to enforce as something to talk about? So what if he's not on duty?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's a county insurance fraud investigator, not a cop. ..but we don't want to put the brakes on another FTP thread over little facts like that.

Wow. It's nice to see one of them actually get booked for once. Time will tell though, wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him let off.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    It would have been okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most cops I know are good guys, if a little jerkish in trying to make their quotas around the end of the month because we have so little crime.(but this mostly involves more DUIs, speeding tickets, and nothing even remotely violent).

I am glad to hear that it is the officer being charged with the crime, instead of the now dead man. Also, I'm somewhat surprised that he died from a leg wound.

On a similar note, this title should be changed. A "cop" did not kill this man. A single off-duty officer did. It has nothing in common with the various other cases where ON DUTY officers kill a person for whatever reason. There was no police action at all that resulted or was even related to the death. It was one man, being a raging asshole, and another person who was equally raging.

Honestly it sounds like both sides were a little crazy. Someone cuts you off and forces you off the road? YOU STOP(provided you're actually off the road). You don't keep driving along the side of the road in some kind of crazy attempt to play GTA3 with the other driver.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    he would have gotten a paid vacation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    Im hard pressed to believe that 90% of police officers are bad.
    It's probably 90% are good, 10% get on TV and make the rest look bad.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Most cops I know are good guys, if a little jerkish in trying to make their quotas around the end of the month because we have so little crime.(but this mostly involves more DUIs, speeding tickets, and nothing even remotely violent).

I am glad to hear that it is the officer being charged with the crime, instead of the now dead man. Also, I'm somewhat surprised that he died from a leg wound.

On a similar note, this title should be changed. A "cop" did not kill this man. A single off-duty officer did. It has nothing in common with the various other cases where ON DUTY officers kill a person for whatever reason. There was no police action at all that resulted or was even related to the death. It was one man, being a raging asshole, and another person who was equally raging.

Honestly it sounds like both sides were a little crazy. Someone cuts you off and forces you off the road? YOU STOP(provided you're actually off the road). You don't keep driving along the side of the road in some kind of crazy attempt to play GTA3 with the other driver.
    A lawyer killed Curry's family, he wasn't in the act of "lawyering"when he killed them, but he was still a lawyer who killed Curry's family.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the reason the cop hit him in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The police officer got out of his van and used the excuse that he is a police officer...

Not to mention if your a law enforcer, you should be obeying the law regardless of if your on duty or off. At least in my mind.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    What was the reason the cop hit him in the first place.
    Dunno. Apparently the cop cut him off to turn into a street or something, and then the other guy swerved onto the side of the road to avoid a collision, and kept driving.

Then they both turned to intentionally hit each other.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeus View Post
    A lawyer killed Curry's family, he wasn't in the act of "lawyering"when he killed them, but he was still a lawyer who killed Curry's family.
    So? The only reason to bring up their profession is to slander the profession and the people in it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

People aren't robots that can switch themselves from being a responsible and professional policeman to being a raging murderer going from on-duty to off-duty is why.
    So? The only reason to bring up their profession is to slander the profession and the people in it.
    That's actually not true. If it's their job to uphold the law and they are breaking it in such a drastic way, regardless of whether they are doing their job at the time, it reflects poorly on the people that let them get/keep that job in the first place.

Or perhaps it's to highlight the fact it was an officer of the law that murdered?
    Last edited by Aristeus; 2013-06-26 at 12:35 PM.

It says the victim approached Walker in an aggressive manner before being shot in the leg.

Doesn't sound like he was murdered on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    It says the victim approached Walker in an aggressive manner before being shot in the leg.

Doesn't sound like he was murdered on purpose.
    But it says the off-duty officer cut off Harvey (driving like a moron, in my books) and used "I'm a police officer" as either a threat or an excuse to use a gun.

Also, "Authorities say that the two drivers then tried to intentionally swerve into each other, at which point Harvey's passenger told police that Walker pulled out a gun and pointed it at them."

Now, I don't know how gun laws work in America or whichever state this was in, but wouldn't drawing a gun be your LAST option? I know it's for self protection, but this was supposedly before Harvey "approched him in an aggressive manner".
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-06-26 at 04:45 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.