Deleted

5.4 Catch Up Mechanic?

Does anyone know if blizzard planned some new kind of Catch up Mechanic in 5.4?

Right now its a Pain. You are forced to do LFR over and over again. I ding level 90 and just the thinking of doing LFR hundrets of times makes me log out instantly.

I think they're removing rep requirements for Valor gear?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Most likely they'll stick with what they did in 5.2 (if you ask me). Up the limit on Mogu Runes, maybe up the current limit of 20 on elder charms, and increase drop rates in ToT, maybe even up the drop rates in MSV/HoF/ToES even farther.

Might get shot for this one, but I rather liked their previous model of 5 mans being added with each tier to help catch up to the next raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    Might get shot for this one, but I rather liked their previous model of 5 mans being added with each tier to help catch up to the next raid content.
    Now why would blizzard do that and take away from the amazing raid content that they claim they are unable to produce while still developing 5mans. [/endsarcasm]

In process of catching up right now, it's kind of slow I agree to get into normal and heroic raiding, but at least getting into 5.2 lfr is trivial with the 502 boots from the 5.3 quest chain, 1 item 489 per week from barrens a 522 neck for VP in week 2 and 476 honor gear if needed. At 492 now. Might have found a raidgroup desperately enough looking for a tank to carry me, but other than that it's hard to go without at least the current lfr. Can do heroic Scenarios of feeling lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I dinged my fresh 90 warlock last week and am already 498. That's enough to enter 5.4 LFR. It didn't take much time, either.

Buy 458 pvp gear
    Ding 90
    Head to Isle of Thunder
    Kill a rare or two for the key.
    Queue for the scenario and get an easy 15-20 tokens only in the first room.
    Kill Sha and Galleon using tokens on both. 4 potential 498 peices + mounts
    Kill Nalak and Oondasta. 4 potential 522 peices + mounts
    Do a complete LFR sweep using coins on every boss.
    When you're 480 get the quest "Heroic Deeds" and get a guaranteed 516 item on top of the chance to get another from the scenario's bag of loot.

Takes about 5-6 hours for everything to be done. I've seen people do it quicker.

Now, 5-6 hours in a whole week and you're geared to the teeth, ready for normal modes on free time.

Seems pretty easy to me. I don't think there NEEDS to be a catch up mechanic, as the one we have now is a bit OP imo.

I should make a guide, but I'm lazy.
    Outside of buying things and grinding valor it's very RNG based. I had to do MSV on my paladin for probably 3 weeks because I only bought the gloves/chest BoE's.

Edit: not trying to say that it's hard, or needs to be sped up. Just saying that RNG sucks sometimes.
    Last edited by geewhiz80; 2013-06-26 at 04:25 AM.

I'm using this strat because my guildies and I have gotten 490+ within 2 weeks of dinging 90 this way on several alts. There's a VERY low chance of getting unlucky with 25+ bosses~ + coins for each boss. And I wasn't even including ToT in my segment. There's 16 slots to fill there's an AMAZING chance it'll happen within 2 weeks. Seeing is how they upped the rates of drops in 5.0 raids.

And a side note, I didn't include buying valor items, either. By week 2 you can buy a trinket/ring/necklace/belt to fill what you need.
    Wish my drops would be lucky like that for 1 week on my monk. Can't get the stupid trinket from Lei Shen after like 14 or 15 kills. (used all my runes on him trying to get it too) I think blizzard flagged my account to have terrible drop rates lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Increasing chance of loot from coin rolls in Throne LFR, greatly increasing chance of loot from T14 LFR all around, increasing chance of loot from Throne of Thunder LFR, removal of rep requirements from 5.0/5.1 valor gear, causing Tyrannical gear to be purchasable with honor, allowing for crafted Malevolent 476 gear

It should be fairly simple in order to gear up to 480. After 480, one should be able to acquire 500 ilvl with heroic scenarios+daily challenge mode. With 500 ilvl, you should be able to enter Flex mode (find a group, or make one yourself) and acquire some decent PvE gear. Hop into normal raiding after that, without EVER going into LFR.

Finally, for legendary catchup- first step should allow for quick catchup- a full T14 LFr run, full T15 LFR run, and normal raids (or 2x of each LFR) should allow one to get all 10 sigils. After that, 3 weeks for 3k valor, in addition to easily 3 manning (or soloing depending on class) the warlord. (BGs will be as troublesome/easy as ever). There MIGHT be a buff to Secrets. Titan Runestone will most likely remain 100% on Lei Shen, and same on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dinged my fresh 90 warlock last week and am already 498. That's enough to enter 5.4 LFR. It didn't take much time, either.

Buy 458 pvp gear
    Ding 90
    Head to Isle of Thunder
    Kill a rare or two for the key.
    Queue for the scenario and get an easy 15-20 tokens only in the first room.
    Kill Sha and Galleon using tokens on both. 4 potential 498 peices + mounts
    Kill Nalak and Oondasta. 4 potential 522 peices + mounts
    Do a complete LFR sweep using coins on every boss.
    When you're 480 get the quest "Heroic Deeds" and get a guaranteed 516 item on top of the chance to get another from the scenario's bag of loot.

Takes about 5-6 hours for everything to be done. I've seen people do it quicker.

Now, 5-6 hours in a whole week and you're geared to the teeth, ready for normal modes on free time.

Seems pretty easy to me. I don't think there NEEDS to be a catch up mechanic, as the one we have now is a bit OP imo.

I should make a guide, but I'm lazy.
    Agree with this. There are still plenty of ways to catch up it just requires more than running the same dungeons over again. For the sake of sanity you might want to do it over the course of a week or two instead of a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    only the 489 junk, which you can get once per week w/o wasting valor from battlefield barrens atm.
    Unless it's changed, last I heard 5.4 is taking out the Barrens weekly event and just leaving things in for the 5.3 quest chain, so you might see people buying the '489 junk' more than you think, especially trinkets, rings and bracers, slots the Barrens stuff didn't cover.

Honor Tyrannical gear

LFR increase drops
    drop price of tot valor gear
    remove requirements for 496 or lower gear.

That treasure trove run for 5.2 was great, but Blizzard seems to not want to make a clone so I dunno. We should get some kind of way to get 10+ coins a week. Or maybe make Elders work with both tiers.

Blizzard might be fine with encouraging people to PVP for some honor gear and feeling like LFR + flex both is enough

Deleted
    I think Blizzard should only use two kind of coins: the "Justice" coins, which are easy to obtain and can be used to speed up the drops in non-current raids, and the "Valor" coins for the current content. When a new patch is released, just change the old raids ro the Justice coins, so to dramatically improve loot chance.