10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb All this talk of LFR...

All this talk of LFR and raiding guilds had me thinking... especially seeing how the server is down on a Wednesday today for whatever reason. Raid guilds definitely DO need to start helping less geared players by recruiting, helping them do lower IL raids, and ultimately building a stronger raiding pool.

A lot of raid guilds do not seem to be keen on doing this, and as I read in another post, only want to recruit raiders at their level, which makes it harder to get members. It really is a shame, however I managed to luck into finding a guild that's open to newbies and also doing high IL raiding frequently. However back in Wrath with the raid guild my buddies and I started in BC, we used to boost scrubs (if they could play well) in 10/ 25m Naxx, Sath, Vaults, etc... Atleast with the point system back then it was worth it for everyone. Also a great time to work on teamwork and strategy with a vent system IMO.

If we could see more support from guilds to fresh 90s they would only benefit themselves with an abundance of non-ignorant raiders - and could even set up multiple raid groups with designated leaders to maximize overall raid progress, not just high IL level raiders!

Although I am glad they put a lot of effort into making guilds as beneficial as possible - despite the fact that most are not serious raiding guilds. Some of the bonuses I am still shocked over...

WoW has been made SO easy to progress in, which a lot of people don't like - I am partial myself. THIS is why we need guilds to help weed out the serious players and get them geared! So that guilds don't need to resort to recruiting randoms - because due to the LFR, anyone that plays enough may be able to get into your group without being a skilled player.

Final thought, I think that the LFR is a great addition for casual players. Such as people working long hours and going to school who are actually good players who just do not have the time to play all day. I've noticed many limitations to excessive players with things like weekly JP and Valor point caps.

- Hiedon
    Last edited by Hiedon; 2013-06-26 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    While it doesnt help making more lfr threads, i agree on this (WoW has been made SO easy to progress in, which a lot of people don't like - I am partial myself. THIS is why we need guilds to help weed out the serious players and get them geared! So that guilds don't need to resort to recruiting randoms - because due to the LFR, anyone that plays enough may be able to get into your group without being a skilled player.

Final thought, I think that the LFR is a great addition for casual players. Such as people working long hours and going to school who are actually good players who just do not have the time to play all day. I've noticed many limitations to excessive players with things like weekly JP and Valor point caps.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    It's hard to distinguish a good guild from one with a handful of tools in it and ultimately guilds just become a barrier to numerous social events.
    That is the harsh truth of it, but it brings up another benefit of LFR - you don't need to rely on a guild you are in to do raids. Raiding guilds are just not a necessity anymore, which is nice for those who don't want to make commitments to a video game, such as myself to some degree.