Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'll be sitting this one out. I don't like the idea of votes being taken away from players...a townies only weapon is their vote. What happens if the lynch gets pushed through by scared players who are worried about losing their vote ability, and others don't even get a chance to notice before night hits?

It also seems to me that it could backfire pretty hard...Want some AFK townies..? Take the only thing they can do away from them...I'm sure they'll keep playing...yeah....

Deleted
    The is Gold One. Im starting my attack run

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    I'll be sitting this one out. I don't like the idea of votes being taken away from players...a townies only weapon is their vote. What happens if the lynch gets pushed through by scared players who are worried about losing their vote ability, and others don't even get a chance to notice before night hits?

It also seems to me that it could backfire pretty hard...Want some AFK townies..? Take the only thing they can do away from them...I'm sure they'll keep playing...yeah....
    Meh, never hurts to try new ideas. Never know, you might end up liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Eh. That vote rule will probably hurt town (from lazy townies not voting) more than it will mafia. Might even make mafia able to claim majority (or close to it) on an earlier day than the one where they instant win (if it was just one mafia team and village).

I also see some people being like "oh shit, 12-24 hours till deadline. Let me just secure my vote on this poorly placed target so I can vote again tomorrow! AfkGNI'mbusy/don'twannawatchthread" which is lol....

In any case, looks interesting. Have fun.
    Blueobelisk criticising the playstyles of others?
    Remarkable. Now I've seen it all.

As I will spend the next week-and-a-half outside the reach of reasonably affordable internet access due to a camping trip to Denmark, I will have to sit this one out. Next game, I'm totally joining though.

Good luck!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

This is Red 5, I'm going in

"Nosedives his chopper right into the base"

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I was entirely planning to sit this one out, but if more player are needed, then I'll play.

If not, I can be a replacement, I'll be following the thread whether I'm needed or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna sit this one out. If needed though I can be a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geeze, reading through this I get the impression we have more people asking to be replacements than we have people actually signing up. Anyway. sign me up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Signing up.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to recall Keleb mentioning in the discussion thread the possibility of everybody starting with a vote on themselves. It may not be the most elegant solution, but I think it'd get the job done for those who have issues come up. If that's not the case, then I'd suggest suspending that rule for day 1 if it's going to be so short. Just one unfortunate day of being unable to use the internet and you'd lose your vote for day 2. If not that, then whatever, it's not like I'm likely to be aversely affected by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't talked to Keleb about it, but I'd guess he'd be up to rethinking things if too many people are against a rule.

I also agree that this could unfairly punish someone if a day goes by real quickly (When TPR's get a positive result on someone those days usually fly by....though they probably shouldn't. There is always more info that can be gathered.). In a situation like that I could see a number of people on opposite sides of the world not even being awake during that day.

Deleted
    People can always vote on themselves as soon as the day starts fixing the problem.

Deleted
    Day 3 when Xan turned up guilty and we lynched him as the scummy mcscum scumperson went by in like 8hours or something.

I think you should only lose your vote if the day goes to deadline. After that you have no excuse for not voting

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Will be a replacement for the first person who you decide is too inactive to play/someone goes on vacation.
    I haven't been planning on taking in replacements at all. I'll only take in replacements if the current number of signed up players seems to be a very fitting number because of balance issues and someone fails to reply to their confirmation PM. Other than that, I'll leave it up to the town (or scum) to deal with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    hmmmmm, not liking this :\ (shoulda read op before signing up lol) I'd like you to move me to the last possible replacement slot(after Greeney and any others).
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Eh. That vote rule will probably hurt town (from lazy townies not voting) more than it will mafia. Might even make mafia able to claim majority (or close to it) on an earlier day than the one where they instant win (if it was just one mafia team and village).

I also see some people being like "oh shit, 12-24 hours till deadline. Let me just secure my vote on this poorly placed target so I can vote again tomorrow! AfkGNI'mbusy/don'twannawatchthread" which is lol....
    I don't like the idea of votes being taken away from players...a townies only weapon is their vote. What happens if the lynch gets pushed through by scared players who are worried about losing their vote ability, and others don't even get a chance to notice before night hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    I think you should only lose your vote if the day goes to deadline. After that you have no excuse for not voting
    This is how it already works. It's in the OP of this thread, it's in the dead thread of the previous game and it's in the mafia discussion thread. The only place where it's not 100 % stated is in my explanation to Firebert about the effect (what happens when you miss to have a vote placed), something I have now edited for clarification.

As day 1 is just 24 hours. I'm considering skipping it on that day for a player if said player during the time between the announcement of the start of the game and the actual start of the game PMs me to say they won't be able to post. If that player then actually do post but not vote, they'll be effected (but only if the day goes to deadline).

So as long as the town finds someone to lynch (or agrees on no-lynch) no one should lose any ability with voting. Should town be an indecisive lot those most indecisive will be punished. Those people of course hurt the town. Now the town just has to figure out what to do with those that hurt the town.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 11:47 AM ----------

List of participating players in the TP should be updated now. Worgen, tell me again if you want to play.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 12:04 PM ----------

Also (specially to foxxi): Where did I say that I would take away the ability to vote in this thread? Remember the hint about the game (connected to the Christmas/End of the world) game: "There will be 2 docs" (and no, don't read this literally, but figuratively).
    Last edited by keleb; 2013-06-28 at 06:34 PM.

Sign me up Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Also (specially to foxxi): Where did I say that I would take away the ability to vote in this thread? Remember the hint about the game (connected to the Christmas/End of the world) game: "There will be 2 docs" (and no, don't read this literally, but figuratively).

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Lynching will be decided by majority vote. If no player has received a majority of votes at deadline, the day will end in a no-lynch. Any player who has not got a vote placed on another player at deadline will have a reduction that players number of votes by 1 until the next dusk.

*These hints will in no way be confirmed by mod and asking for such a confirmation in the game thread will result in a reduction of that players number of votes by 1 until the next dusk (to a minimum of 0).
    Unless everyone starts with their votes counting as two...this reads as a person will have their power to vote taken away from them if they fail to have a vote on record for the day before.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 01:08 PM ----------

or if they failed to read clearly / forget and ask about the hint...same result

Unless everyone starts with their votes counting as two...this reads as a person will have their power to vote taken away from them if they fail to have a vote on record for the day before.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 01:08 PM ----------

or if they failed to read clearly / forget and ask about the hint...same result
    Yep, but only if the day goes to deadline. If half the town rushes a lynch in 5 hours, there'll be no changing in how much any players vote counts for votes for those not participating in the lynch. As long as there's an actual lynch (remember minority lynch at deadline won't work), there'll be no change in how much a vote counts for for anyone. It is only if the day actually goes to deadline that the players vote will count for nothing the following day.

I should probably have worded it how much someone's vote counts for and not number of votes. And I might add the only a player themself will know how much their vote counts for.

Example 1:
    9 players left in the game (Player A - Player I). Two minutes after dawn Player A RC cop and tells he's got a scum-result on Player I and proceeds to vote Player I. Player B, C, D instantly believe Player A and also votes Player I. Player E is doubting Player A and instead votes Player A. All this in just four hours. An hour later F joins in and also thinks Player As claim is legit and votes for Player I. In about five hours Player I has now been lynched. Player G and H didn't have any votes placed at lynch time. However, deadline was never reached so nothing will change in how much their vote counts for the following day.

Example 2:
    It is Day 5. 9 players left in the game (Player A - Player I). For 64 hours the town debates on who to lynch. It turns out there are three targets Player A, Player E and Player I. During the last 8 hours of the game Players A, B, C and D votes for Player E. Players E and I votes for Player A, Players F and G votes for Player I. Player H is very confused and can't decide who to vote for and has no vote placed when deadline is reached after 72 hours. No one is lynched. The following day (Day 6), Player H vote will count for nothing. On Day 7, Player Hs vote again counts for the same it did on Day 5 (unless he again failed to vote on Day 6 ofc).

Example 3:
    Same as Example 2 but this time Player H has his vote placed on Player I. No one is lynched. No change in how much someones vote count for.

As for the thing about the hint you can take that with a grain of salt. Perhaps I should have put in an emoticon there. But I foresaw people asking for clarification for it, then me saying there wouldn't be any and then people asking for it again a page later because they didn't see my reply and then the next day someone does the same. Instead of being grumpy about it while the game was in progress I hoped to have people know it beforehand so they really consider things for a few seconds themselves first before screaming at a mod.
    Last edited by keleb; 2013-06-28 at 06:38 PM.

so to clarify..in example 2 there..player H has lost his ability to vote on day 6, but he must still place a vote even though it wont be counted or he will again be unable to vote on day 7?

Well... only player H will know what his vote counts for. Player H must place a vote on the following day (when his vote is worth nothing) for him to regain it on the day after. Voting is a way to show activity and if you can't show activity enough that you can place a vote for a full game day, then you need to make up for it by actually showing activity even when it matters less for you.
    Last edited by keleb; 2013-06-28 at 06:42 PM.