Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Spoils of Pandaria=Will of the Emperor rehash?

    okay, I have a few speculations regarding the SoO bosses..
    1)looking at the new client strings and spells, it looks like Iron Juggernaut is going to be like Flame Leviathan.. MAYBE we fight him with siege weapons in the defensive phase and then fight him directly in p2..

    2) Now i'm not saying this because Galakras is a protodrake, but judging from the audio files AND the client strings AND achievements, Galakras looks like Razorscale -.-
    thats 2 bosses ripped off (probably) from Ulduar..

    and now
    Spoils of Pandaria? THATS OBVIOUSLY a collection of massive beasts as well as mogu constructs, cloud serpents, dragon turtles, jinyu/hozen and many things new this XPAC.. So we'll be facing them in the series of combats and battles, until we fight 1-2 main bosses ..That I know thanks to this
    So there might be a chance SoP is a ripoff of Will of the Boring Faceroll Emperor..

    I am purely speculating this stuff and sincerely hope NONE of this is true, except that we fight IJ on siege demolishers in p1 and ourselves in p2! ThAT'D BE FUN!
    edit: and based on the achievement icons, I can tell that Thok is NOT a dire orc boss he's probably an armoured wild saurok or another beast like oondasta.. THATS BECAUSE OONDASTA IS HIS PLACEHOLDER MODEL in the Dungeon journal -.- /fail
    Last edited by Huuga; 2013-06-29 at 09:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Shedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    476
    In my mind Spoils of Pandaria is like a huge treasure room with artifacts and gold in it, but there are also NPCs guarding the place. In any way, it won't be anything like Will of the Emperor.

    Your other points make little sense too. Galakras cannot be a fun encounter because it's a proto-drake like Razorscale? Does that mean that Ragnaros in Firelands was very boring since you already had the same Ragnaros in Molten Core? Encounters being fun are based on aesthetics and mechanics, not on how much their model looks like a boss from years back.

    <Avalerion> - Top EU 6 hours per week raiding guild (14/14HC) recruiting for Mythic!

  3. #3
    you should get a doctor to look at your leg from how hard you hit the table from that kneejerk.

  4. #4
    Provide said evidence that these fights are exactly like the ones you are comparing them to then.

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,296
    This is what I say, Blizzard made Ulduar so it can't be considered a ripoff in general. We havnt seen the fights ins action so we don't know.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    In my mind Spoils of Pandaria is like a huge treasure room with artifacts and gold in it, but there are also NPCs guarding the place. In any way, it won't be anything like Will of the Emperor.

    Your other points make little sense too. Galakras cannot be a fun encounter because it's a proto-drake like Razorscale? Does that mean that Ragnaros in Firelands was very boring since you already had the same Ragnaros in Molten Core? Encounters being fun are based on aesthetics and mechanics, not on how much their model looks like a boss from years back.
    Thats because I clearly stated that I WAS NOT referring to Galakras' proto drake dragonkind.. But based on all the audio spoilers and strings, this clearly looks as if its a ripoff of Razorscale..
    And yes, Ragnaros was the same, but the fight had changed completely..FL Rag was so much better..THATS MY ENTIRE POINT!
    I DONT WANT to be killing Galakras from harpoons and turrets..It can be a unique encounter..Involving Zaela too to an extent!

  7. #7
    Personally i wouldn't be surprised to find some similiarities between Ulduar and SoO, a few T16 Sets have a Ulduar / Titan style.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  8. #8
    Did you even read the dungeon journal

    The Iron Juggernaut is literally nothing like Flame Leviathan. At all.
    It's a robot scorpion. You don't drive tanks. You don't hurl people onto its back to attack a weak point. You don't spend the entire fight kiting. What the hell?
    The only similarity is that it also has an attack called "Flame Vents", but it functions completely differently.
    I have absolutely no idea how you could say they were similar.

    Thok is a dinosaur, but he is in no way like the Oondasta encounter.
    His fight mainly involves enrages and managing buffs from allies that the dinosaur then eats to gain a new ability.
    Again, absolutely no similarity to the Oondasta fight.

    I don't have the PTR fully downloaded yet but based on prior evidence, no. Less than a minute of reading would have told you that the other two bosses were totally new, so these ones probably are as well.
    Please read before making stupid topics.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2013-06-29 at 11:07 AM.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuga View Post
    okay, I have a few speculations regarding the SoO bosses..
    1)looking at the new client strings and spells, it looks like Iron Juggernaut is going to be like Flame Leviathan.. MAYBE we fight him with siege weapons in the defensive phase and then fight him directly in p2..
    So, in your mind, it MAY BE kind of like Flame Leviathan and MAYBE kind of like has similar mechanics (even though you have no clue) and therefore it's a ripoff. Ok.

    2) Now i'm not saying this because Galakras is a protodrake, but judging from the audio files AND the client strings AND achievements, Galakras looks like Razorscale -.-
    thats 2 bosses ripped off (probably) from Ulduar..
    You must be quite prescient to determine a boss is the same as other based on audio files and achievements only. Kudos to you, kind sir.


    and now
    Spoils of Pandaria? THATS OBVIOUSLY a collection of massive beasts as well as mogu constructs, cloud serpents, dragon turtles, jinyu/hozen and many things new this XPAC.. So we'll be facing them in the series of combats and battles, until we fight 1-2 main bosses ..That I know thanks to this
    So there might be a chance SoP is a ripoff of Will of the Boring Faceroll Emperor..

    WotE was faceroll in normal and LFR, sure. Was a pretty good hectic fight in heroic. And I can't see how you can extrapolate that spoils is a ripoff from WotE just based on the name. You're really prescient.

    I am purely speculating this stuff and sincerely hope NONE of this is true, except that we fight IJ on siege demolishers in p1 and ourselves in p2! ThAT'D BE FUN!
    edit: and based on the achievement icons, I can tell that Thok is NOT a dire orc boss he's probably an armoured wild saurok or another beast like oondasta.. THATS BECAUSE OONDASTA IS HIS PLACEHOLDER MODEL in the Dungeon journal -.- /fail
    Seriously, you have issues.


  10. #10
    Additional note: The mentions of harpoons and the like are likely because Galakrond is posted to be the boss you fight on the journey between Pandaria and Orgrimmar.
    It's "another" Gunship fight, only instead of fighting another ship with turrets or fighting another dragon with your weapons you're fighting another dragon with turrets.

    As it is an airborne battle it can't really be anything like Razorscale, which was honestly more about the adds in phase one and doing a lot of waiting than anything else. Razorscale was incredibly boring.

    I honestly think it's pretty nice how we have a battle on the same gunship every expansion (and no it's not going to be identical to the last two before you say something else stupid, the other two weren't similar in the slightest apart from the area of engagement).

  11. #11
    No idea if dungeon journal details for spoils have been leaked in the newest patch but im assuming spoils will be a multi phase thing. Some orc unleashing things like mogu constructs, enslaved hozen in earlier phases then shit goes down and get a full blown sha infestation at the end. So yea I find it more liekly that it will be a full on add fight but hard to say if it will be exactly like will.

  12. #12
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuga View Post
    I am purely speculating this stuff and sincerely hope NONE of this is true, except that we fight IJ on siege demolishers in p1 and ourselves in p2! ThAT'D BE FUN!
    edit: and based on the achievement icons, I can tell that Thok is NOT a dire orc boss he's probably an armoured wild saurok or another beast like oondasta.. THATS BECAUSE OONDASTA IS HIS PLACEHOLDER MODEL in the Dungeon journal -.- /fail
    Immersius is also like Tsulong because that's his placeholder dungeon journal icon.

  13. #13
    So what if two bosses are similar to Ulduar, seriously? Ulduar was four years ago. Since Ulduar came out they have added 87 raid bosses give or take(including Orgrimmar and world bosses).

    We also don't know much about these fights other than some poster assuming things about it so lets chill till we actually see the fight in action and even if it is the same, then good. Doesn't hurt to have a similar fight from years ago.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you even read the dungeon journal

    The Iron Juggernaut is literally nothing like Flame Leviathan. At all.
    It's a robot scorpion. You don't drive tanks. You don't hurl people onto its back to attack a weak point. You don't spend the entire fight kiting. What the hell?
    The only similarity is that it also has an attack called "Flame Vents", but it functions completely differently.
    I have absolutely no idea how you could say they were similar.

    Thok is a dinosaur, but he is in no way like the Oondasta encounter.
    His fight mainly involves enrages and managing buffs from allies that the dinosaur then eats to gain a new ability.
    Again, absolutely no similarity to the Oondasta fight.

    I don't have the PTR fully downloaded yet but based on prior evidence, no. Less than a minute of reading would have told you that the other two bosses were totally new, so these ones probably are as well.
    Please read before making stupid topics.
    1)Ok you've got me there
    2)three words: L2R i said ANOTHER "BEAST" like Oondasta..as if we've not have enough of those already..And I said that to clarify that Thok was not adire orc boss, like most people speculated he would be, including myself..Duh
    3)Hopefully yes, but why would Zaela "assault her own towers" if we're just flying from one continent to another? where the hell did these towers come from?and based on the preview and audio files, WE SAIL TO ORGRIMMAR, and land on bladefist bay..
    So please, get this one fact straight.. IJ and big G are both bosses at the gates of Org/Dranoshar Blockade/Bladefist bay area

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 07:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Immersius is also like Tsulong because that's his placeholder dungeon journal icon.
    well genius, maybe I didn't come up with that crazy idea because
    1)we saw Immerseus' model and description before anything else
    2)he's titled "Tears of the Vale"
    If you see the achi icon for hc Thok, it shows a dino/raptor with its jaw wide open..I just came up with that point TO FUCKING CLARIFY THAT THOK WAS NOT A DIRE ORC boss like most people speculated..

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 07:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    So, in your mind, it MAY BE kind of like Flame Leviathan and MAYBE kind of like has similar mechanics (even though you have no clue) and therefore it's a ripoff. Ok.



    You must be quite prescient to determine a boss is the same as other based on audio files and achievements only. Kudos to you, kind sir.





    WotE was faceroll in normal and LFR, sure. Was a pretty good hectic fight in heroic. And I can't see how you can extrapolate that spoils is a ripoff from WotE just based on the name. You're really prescient.



    Seriously, you have issues.
    WOW..Ok, you've got me on the whole IJ/FL scenario..Maybe I was over-reaching just based on the fact that IJ was also a mechanical masterpiece boss like FL..
    But excuse me? I might've been prescient judging IJ but we've got 3 DIFFERENT audio notes which offer clear evidence of the points I made about Galakras..Heck, if I am wrong, I EVEN USED THE WORD "MIGHT" to clarify that I was speculating..Looks like you get flamed on these forums either way..And about SoP/WotE, PLEASE analyse the client strings and achis for once..I think you are the one with issues here..
    WHAT CAN THE SoP POSSIBLY be?huge crates of gold guarded by korkron and sha trash?Or dancing fairies?

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 07:43 PM ----------

    Ok, off the topic, but why are all my posts recombining?

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,627
    Your posts merge together when you make posts in a row uninterrupted.

    And just because you can't think of anything different for the Spoils fight doesn't mean it'll be a WotE ripoff. Alas, aside from you, I've yet to see anyone draw that comparison (maybe because the fight isn't even available?).

    You're just picking at straws here trying to find something to complain about without anything solid to really make a point.

    You could've said the Sha phase in Garrosh is like HC Sha of Fear or that the pools in Immerseus act the same way as so many pools in other boss fights but, honestly, the thing you're coming up with make no sense whatsoever.


  16. #16
    The fact that Thok is a Devil Saur like Oondasta, was knowen since the first Build of 5.4 PTR because of the Abilitys in the Encounter Journal.
    And the Fact that a Protodrake is a Protodrake dont mean its the same Encounter.

    Lei Shen and Iron Qon are both Mogu, just my 2 Cent.

  17. #17
    stone guards was dog mogu
    feng was mogu
    4 kings was dead mogu
    wil of emperor was 2 mogu
    iron qon was mogu on dog mogu
    twin was 2 girl mogu
    lei shen was thunder mogu
    ALL MOGU FIGHT DER SAYME?
    DER?
    ALSO GARAJAL = TROLL
    AND JINROHK ALSO TROLL
    JINROHK AND GARAJAL FIGHT DER SAME. DAT DERE TROLL FIGHTS

    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    stone guards was dog mogu
    feng was mogu
    4 kings was dead mogu
    wil of emperor was 2 mogu
    iron qon was mogu on dog mogu
    twin was 2 girl mogu
    lei shen was thunder mogu
    ALL MOGU FIGHT DER SAYME?
    DER?
    ALSO GARAJAL = TROLL
    AND JINROHK ALSO TROLL
    JINROHK AND GARAJAL FIGHT DER SAME. DAT DERE TROLL FIGHTS
    Your avatar IS TEH SAME AS BANE FROM BATMAN
    YOU A FAKE RIPOFF

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuga View Post
    and now
    Spoils of Pandaria? THATS OBVIOUSLY a collection of massive beasts as well as mogu constructs, cloud serpents, dragon turtles, jinyu/hozen and many things new this XPAC.. So we'll be facing them in the series of combats and battles, until we fight 1-2 main bosses ..That I know thanks to this
    So there might be a chance SoP is a ripoff of Will of the Boring Faceroll Emperor..
    So I guess you never did Will on heroic when it was current content.
    "The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived." -Oscar Wilde

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinga/advanced

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,432
    Every boss in TBC is a rehash because it was mostly demons, every boss in WoTLk is rehash because thier mostly undead, Iron Qon and Lei Shen are the same because they are mogu. You hear how stupid that sounds?? The mechanics from the Fights you described ARE NOTHING alike, wrasping as straws to find something to complain about?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •