Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    looks like Anet have started to tune in

    i was just browsing Reddit when i came across this thread http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._the_dat_file/ (credit to http://www.reddit.com/user/that_shaman) and i am really optimistic about where Anet is trying to take GW2.

    i have been talking to the friends that i PvP with about the best ways to monetize tPvP since release and permanent finishers was what i suggested. i have the armor set that i love (Rank 30) and want to keep so the only thing that drives me to tPvP is just the PvP itself and finishers and dyes. my favorite finisher besides the pro Rank ones is definitely the Super Bomb one from SAB and i will gladly spend $10 for a permanent one.

    another thing they could do is add progression that would also allow players to earn their respective Rank finishers as permanent ones as well.

    and if the LFG tool that they plan on implementing is as robust as they want it to be covering PvP, WvW and PvE then i can only see it being another plus to helping people find groups for activities from within the game, which can only serve to bolster participation in the various gametypes of GW2.

    on a side note: the one thing i would really love is the ability to buy/open a specific number of a stack from the drop down right-click menu for both vendor, inventory AND mystic forge panes, my fingers are getting hella tired clicking items for days.
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  2. #2
    the idea of improving the pvp in gw2 is adding permanent finishers for real money? yes that sounds like a great way for anet to bring back all the spvpers who quit due to a lacking feature list.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    492
    PvP finishers are a bit premature imo. SPvP is in a very bad state right now, the last thing they need is to get cash shop updates. Unless they are trying to make more money from SPvP players to use on adding more to SPVP.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    the idea of improving the pvp in gw2 is adding permanent finishers for real money? yes that sounds like a great way for anet to bring back all the spvpers who quit due to a lacking feature list.
    the only remaining feature required atm is solo queue, which ANet is already working on as of the last SotG, and maybe giving casual PvPers an incentive to try out PvP like maybe a Glory to XP exchange. the gamemode is fine (very few gametypes make for compelling fun to both play AND watch), balance is a perpetual thing so that is always in flux and they just need to pump in cash for tournaments and advertising and we are good to go.

    one thing to note about solo q is that is has some great pros and some very bad cons too; pro it allows people to play competitively solo without having to face a premade team on voip, and the con is that it can lead to less actual teams competing altogether as teams require more social constraints and responsibilities. my hope is that due to the nature of GW2, as compared to LoL, solo q feeds the development of teams as opposed to stripping them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Unless they are trying to make more money from SPvP players to use on adding more to SPVP.
    THIS is precisely the point i am making.
    Last edited by Odeezee; 2013-06-27 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added note
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    THIS is precisely the point i am making.
    I feel it's rather unfair to "tax" a player base extra to receive the same sort of support as others. I'm sorry but demanding a balanced and functioning pvp-scene is nothing but normal.

    It's a very bad idea to tax the part of the community that gets treated worst more than others...

  6. #6
    All I got out of that was "fly a kite" and "play a flute". While it may be nice enough some PVP additions are on the way and an LFG, I think the former "funsie" activities are much more reflective of Guild Wars 2 now and in the future.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,980
    where does the datamining say that the finishers are from the store? Anet hinted about a new reward system and this may be part of it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 05:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think the former "funsie" activities are much more reflective of Guild Wars 2 now and in the future.
    that's why we got a new dungeon in Flame and Frost and now in Skypirates? Both of those are probably added to fractals in a modified form. We also got new guild missions, get a new difficult Jumping Puzzle, got new permanent content (Metaevent on Southsun, Scavenger-hunt and JP for Skypirates) and a new reward-system is in the works.

    It seems that they add content for different player-classes... not just "funsie" activities.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    that's why we got <snip>
    Yea, actually.

    This is perhaps the most quintessentially casual and slightest major MMO of the current market.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    where does the datamining say that the finishers are from the store? Anet hinted about a new reward system and this may be part of it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 05:05 PM ----------



    that's why we got a new dungeon in Flame and Frost and now in Skypirates? Both of those are probably added to fractals in a modified form. We also got new guild missions, get a new difficult Jumping Puzzle, got new permanent content (Metaevent on Southsun, Scavenger-hunt and JP for Skypirates) and a new reward-system is in the works.

    It seems that they add content for different player-classes... not just "funsie" activities.
    All of those things are just funzies activities. None of them are challenging.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    All of those things are just funzies activities. None of them are challenging.
    Lol, someone hasn't done the new dungeon yet.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lol, someone hasn't done the new dungeon yet.
    The new dungeon isn't hard at all, I really don't get the QQ etc everywhere. I can probably solo it with my ranger (as I did with MF)... The biggest down-fall is retards screwing up and you having to solo the shit out of everything anyway.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    The new dungeon isn't hard at all, I really don't get the QQ etc everywhere. I can probably solo it with my ranger (as I did with MF)... The biggest down-fall is retards screwing up and you having to solo the shit out of everything anyway.
    Do it! Post a vid when you do!
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    The new dungeon isn't hard at all, I really don't get the QQ etc everywhere. I can probably solo it with my ranger (as I did with MF)... The biggest down-fall is retards screwing up and you having to solo the shit out of everything anyway.
    Also want to call BS on this, lol.

    No, it's not hard for a group of players who are good, sure.

    However, you will never solo some of those trash pulls without 'clever use of game mechanics' or some kind of exploit.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkitecht View Post
    Also want to call BS on this, lol.

    No, it's not hard for a group of players who are good, sure.

    However, you will never solo some of those trash pulls without 'clever use of game mechanics' or some kind of exploit.
    A-net supports clever use of game-mechanics, they said it somewhere before the release "there are no exploits".
    I solo'd MF which many people didn't believe either...

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,873
    Talk is cheap buddy, waiting on this solo vid for Aetherblades Retreat dungeon
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  16. #16
    2h in and the only issue so far is p3 due to golem pulls. It's going remarkably smooth considering they nerfed pets quite a bit and my build relies on pet dmg

    Aaaand the game crashed as the last golem was on 20%... FML
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-06-27 at 08:09 PM.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    2h in and the only issue so far is p3 due to golem pulls. It's going remarkably smooth considering they nerfed pets quite a bit and my build relies on pet dmg

    Aaaand the game crashed as the last golem was on 20%... FML
    so you solo instances which are very little people able to and you're ranting about dungeons being too easy? What do you expect?? Seriously, you are not the average type of player! I love challenge but hell no, I don't want Anet to balance dungeons to cater to people like you. This would be way to hard for 95% of the players and just frustrating.

    The only thing I've learned from your latest posts: don't listen to Meledelion about difficulty-suggestions.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    so you solo instances which are very little people able to and you're ranting about dungeons being too easy? What do you expect?? Seriously, you are not the average type of player! I love challenge but hell no, I don't want Anet to balance dungeons to cater to people like you. This would be way to hard for 95% of the players and just frustrating.

    The only thing I've learned from your latest posts: don't listen to Meledelion about difficulty-suggestions.

    But he didn't solo it. He *says* he got the first boss down to 20%. That doesn't qualify as a "I solo'd X dungeon" achievement to me. He would actually have to, you know, kill all the bosses in the dungeon and furthermore provide some kind of proof (since it's impossible).

    Maybe he'll take that zerker warrior that he's always going on about - that should work out well lol.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    But he didn't solo it. He *says* he got the first boss down to 20%. That doesn't qualify as a "I solo'd X dungeon" achievement to me. He would actually have to, you know, kill all the bosses in the dungeon and furthermore provide some kind of proof (since it's impossible).

    Maybe he'll take that zerker warrior that he's always going on about - that should work out well lol.
    well he claimed that he did solo Molten Factory with his Ranger. I tried this and died horribly in the entrance-area, so no... I'd hate that Anet would listen to him

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    well he claimed that he did solo Molten Factory with his Ranger. I tried this and died horribly in the entrance-area, so no... I'd hate that Anet would listen to him
    I "claimed" and provided a screenshot as requested...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/b40KwIo.jpg

    Don't have a pic from the second fight since I was busy...
    Soloing stuff isn't hard at all. It comes down to 3things.
    1. Know your class and it's tricks (rangers for instance have pet leash which is a great mechanic for soloing)
    2. Bring money to repair (a lot)
    3. Hope for the love of god that you don't DC since then you have to start over again...
    _________________________________________________________________________

    I also don't request for all dungeons to be tuned to my liking but you need hard content to keep the more serious players in the game. People like me, my brother, my friends and strife & co are the ones who "guide" the community, because we take min-maxing seriously.
    The popular gs+axe/mace build from strife would never have been run by so many people if strife didn't play.

    The same thing happens on this forum and on reddit. Who are the people who give advice regarding builds and give feedback as to why x,y,z would probably be better? Min-maxers.

    Strife quit the game and a lot of people have lost "guidance". Catering only to casual players means that they will lose people who give general directions. I've never been a fan of his AH build (no need to be that tanky) but it helped people get comfortable and then later realise that you don't need that much survivability


    What I actually do want is content that is engaging to people like me. I don't want all content to be on the level I desire since that is the polar opposite of what a-net does now and only catering to one part of your costumers is a very bad idea.

    aaand it crashed again. The game doesn't load the game-screen but my cursor does change to the gw2 one, I can't tab into the game again. Does anyone know what is causing this?
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-06-28 at 09:45 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •