Renataki trink vs Terror in the Mists

For WW monk, which would be better?

It's gonna be paired with Rune of reorigination

Renataki in this case. Though Bad JuJu would probably be better than Renataki unless you're really hurting for expertise. The problem with Terror is that it has an uncontrollable crit proc. That messes up your stat balance. If Terror procs, then Rune procs while Terror is still active, Rune will Re-Originate for crit instead of mastery. That pretty much negates the entire reason we use the Rune about half the time. Rune has enough problems with unreliable procs without gumming up the process with unreliable stat procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This only happens if it procs right before Rune for the terror. But terror has a bad ICD and is less useful overall than Renataki

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    If Terror procs, then Rune procs while Terror is still active, Rune will Re-Originate for crit instead of mastery.
    As far as I know Rune determines what to proc depending on you unbuffed stats (exclude short term buffs, 3k rad wide mastery buff etc). Even if other trinkiet procs crit and puts your crit above mastery - Rune will still proc mastery buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    As far as I know Rune determines what to proc depending on you unbuffed stats (exclude short term buffs, 3k rad wide mastery buff etc). Even if other trinkiet procs crit and puts your crit above mastery - Rune will still proc mastery buff.
    Incorrect. Trinket procs that put your secondaries above mastery will screw up the proc. I actually just opened a new thread about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I thought they said that only applied to buffs not on gear such that gear procs would affect the RoR proc.