Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Tested a bit with the amplification trinket today. Bursted for 1.5M+ with the trinket - http://i.imgur.com/VoGd5e8.jpg (picture is too big, sorry)
    It appears to proc every ~2 minutes or so, so I'm assuming that's what its RPPM is - about 0.5.

That being said, with this trinket, 9778 appears to be the breakpoint to shoot for. With Raid Haste, DS:Misery, Berserking, Lust, and Metagem, our haste works out to 296%, which puts malefic grasp at a 1.04 second channel time.
    To be honest, i hightly doubt that the trinket will stay in this form..
    - Agi and Strenght once are at 14% only, why would/should casters get 84% then?.. makes no sense.

Still fun to see that much DPS though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    - Agi and Strenght once are at 14% only, why would/should casters get 84% then?.. makes no sense.

someone probably put in the wrong numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Tested a bit with the amplification trinket today. Bursted for 1.5M+ with the trinket - http://i.imgur.com/VoGd5e8.jpg (picture is too big, sorry)
    It appears to proc every ~2 minutes or so, so I'm assuming that's what its RPPM is - about 0.5.

That being said, with this trinket, 9778 appears to be the breakpoint to shoot for. With Raid Haste, DS:Misery, Berserking, Lust, and Metagem, our haste works out to 296%, which puts malefic grasp at a 1.04 second channel time.
    Kinda what I expected in terms of procrate. This being the normal version the HC and TFHC versions will likely be much juicier then ~2 minutes. Hope we can get a blog post about the precise procrates per spec, like they did in 5.2.

The effects though, damn. I remain convinced that they'll tweak these numbers down a bit. Won't be as fun with slightly more, and slightly less insane procs, but it's probably for the best.

What happens if you put up 3 Dooms with both UVLS and Amplification procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    What happens if you put up 3 Dooms with both UVLS and Amplification procs?
    ummm profit?

no but seriously the numbers that you get are just jaw dropping i been hanging out on the ptr most of the day messing around with all the new trinkets and tier and with the amp trinket and leishen trinket new tier(4pc) i lvl at 548 14875 haste with just over 8k mastery i pulled a 1.92mil opener with doom ticking at 490k a tick i was flasked well fed and only self buffs

- - - Updated - - -

also the current RPPM of the Amplification trinket on the PTR is 0.72 im writing up the others will post back when i have the rest of the info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post

First of all there's no agi trinket with such an effect. There is a strength one (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102305) and a healer one (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102299) but they are both passive effects, thus it makes sense for them to have the lower value of 13% (since the benefit is permanent).

My quick napkin math says that if 13% is the desired value for the passive effect, then having 13/83 = 0.1566 means that if the caster one would have an uptime of 15.66%, then the two trinkets would be similar on average. And as far as I know, 15.66% sounds about right when it comes to (unaffected by haste) trinket procs. If these trinkets are subject to RPPM system, then the uptime will increase the more haste you stack ofc.

In any case, in order to benefit from this trinket at max potential, you actually have to crit during the proc, thus I really see it being good for destro (chaos bolt crits all the time), demo if pooling molten core procs, and maybe mages and boomkins since they generally have high crit chance (even though crit chance rating from gear is not increased by the proc, so that's a big minus for them), and... that's about it. This won't benefit aff as much as it does other specs, unless maybe if you're still using ULVS and you have a little bit of luck so that they proc at the same time or shortly after ULVS.. Not saying it won't be good, maybe even BIS for aff and/or other specs I didn't mention, it's just that it won't benefit them as much. Much like giving warglaives to a warrior - it was bis for them too, but rogues benefited from them more.

Edit: the value of 15.66% representing the uptime of that buff translates into: 20/X = 0.1566 => X = 127.7 seconds between 2 procs. So about one proc every 2 minutes (unaffected by haste), which sounds about right.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2013-07-05 at 08:28 AM.

I want "usable" trinket - I have really bad luck in ToT as my trinkets proc ALWAYS when not needed (mageara head change, lei shen transition, etc ...).

I really dont understand how Blizzard can stay on this ppm road. With ridicoulus op trinkets like these, the dps gap of good and bad luck trys is even harder. Imagine a fight like baloroc in t12, you can never ever balance the enrage to fit all guilds. I guess the world first t16 guild will be the one who got the most trinkets out of their non heroic week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    I really dont understand how Blizzard can stay on this ppm road. With ridicoulus op trinkets like these, the dps gap of good and bad luck trys is even harder. Imagine a fight like baloroc in t12, you can never ever balance the enrage to fit all guilds. I guess the world first t16 guild will be the one who got the most trinkets out of their non heroic week
    Have u ever thought that it's exactly what they're aiming for? This way, the dmg meter wont always look the same, so there won't be so much QQ about certain classes being OP or being too weak. Overall though, it will balance out so that your raid dps is about the same. It will never happen that nobody gets any trinket procs, especially with the unlucky system that was implemented for ToT trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Have u ever thought that it's exactly what they're aiming for? This way, the dmg meter wont always look the same, so there won't be so much QQ about certain classes being OP or being too weak. Overall though, it will balance out so that your raid dps is about the same. It will never happen that nobody gets any trinket procs, especially with the unlucky system that was implemented for ToT trinkets.
    I've seen people make ridiculous QQing threads about such stupid stuff ... seeing someone get insane dps in a fight where they had unreal proc luck will have people screaming bloody murder on the forums calling for nerfs for that class.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Yeah, now we have qq about class balance AND trinkets. "Let us introduce the ppm system, because proper class balancing is too mainstream!"
    Lets kill the long term motivation for farm raids if your ability to rank relies only on your luck. And that counts for all classes, ive never heard any shadow oder ele saying ppm is good because in 1 of 10000000 trys he is close to the warlock who got the worst proccs possible... Blizz is naive for thinking this.
    But we go offtopic, back to trinket discussions.

Deleted
    Some of the potential numbers we could see in 5.4 with amp trinket, done completely self buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Yeah, now we have qq about class balance AND trinkets. "Let us introduce the ppm system, because proper class balancing is too mainstream!"
    Lets kill the long term motivation for farm raids if your ability to rank relies only on your luck. And that counts for all classes, ive never heard any shadow oder ele saying ppm is good because in 1 of 10000000 trys he is close to the warlock who got the worst proccs possible... Blizz is naive for thinking this.
    But we go offtopic, back to trinket discussions.
    Just to touch on part of that... If your ability to rank relies mainly on luck, why is it that the top parsing warlocks are consistently seen through every fight?
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2013-07-06 at 01:48 AM.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Don't expect Amplify to stay the way it is (duh). I'm 99.9% sure the current scaling of the trinket is not intended at all and it'll be fixed in the next few builds. I imagine the proc was intended to average out to the 14% stat increase trinket that melee and healers have.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-07-06 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Don't expect Amplify to stay the way it is (duh). I'm 99.9% sure the current scaling of the trinket is not intended at all and it'll be fixed in the next few builds. I imagine the proc was intended to average out to the 14% stat increase trinket that melee and healers have.
    The stat increase from amplify ain't that super amazing when you fill in your own stats and start comparing it to a int proc. The only thing that's a bit broken about amplify is the crit damage increase (at least for us) but 84% sounds like a reasonable number.

Deleted
    If the RPPM is 0,5, this averages out at 1 proc every 2 min, so :
    84% * 20 / 120 = 14% average increase

I have the feeling that the amplification trinket has some kind of icd, did 10 trys , and 9 times the 2. and 3. procc were exactly after 2 and 4 minutes together with dark soul. One time it was 15s early though.

Would be amazing if it would sync with dark soul most of the trys, but i guess i was just lucky.

One thing that bothers me as a demo is the opener, molten core soulfires vs no soulfires. If you shoot soulfires without 2pc t15 you see yourself fury starved after 3 or 4 soulfires. Question is: Meta uptime + demonic slash for the max use of the mastery increase while it proccs and chance for 4pc t16 proccs, or less metauptime but some super soulfires in meta with increased crit damage and the chance for 2pc t16 procc?

Just to touch on part of that... If your ability to rank relies mainly on luck, why is it that the top parsing warlocks are consistently seen through every fight?
    Not from what I see. I took Demo on 25man HC fights and the list varies alot from fight to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    If the RPPM is 0,5, this averages out at 1 proc every 2 min, so :
    84% * 20 / 120 = 14% average increase
    Yeah, this is why I think the numbers on the proc will stay the same but it isn't going to scale off of the rating in your actual gear. I'm predicting next build's Amplify to be a straight 84% increase like the proc implies.

Deleted
    well you could take that statement a bit further and say that those top parsing locks relies on luck to parse higher than the other top parsing locks, luck is a huge factor with the rppm trinkets, if you are lucky enough on lei shen to get uvls procs on each ball lightning(bit extreme example but you get the point) you can go from a 220-250k dps with normal amount of procs to 360K+(potentially) dps which has nothing what so ever to do with skill and is purely luck.