Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• [PTR]: For testing purposes, Flaskataur, Esq. will be available near the Niuzao Temple selling normal Tier-16 armor and Tier-16 trinkets for gold.
    Go go test them!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Patch isn't live yet, unfortunately.

I'm not seeing any trinkets on the vendor that sells the tier 16. Are they not in yet or is there another vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by Disability View Post
    I'm not seeing any trinkets on the vendor that sells the tier 16. Are they not in yet or is there another vendor?
    Probably not in yet. We have to wait for the next build I guess.

Deleted
    The cleave and multistrike trinkets don't apply to pets.
    The cooldown reduction trinket for BM at least also reduces the cooldown of Stampede.
    The big agility proc trinket tends to run out around 5 seconds left on the duration.

Long story short, it seems like the 21k agility proc trinket and cooldown reduction ones are going to be our only choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The cooldown reduction trinket for BM at least also reduces the cooldown of Stampede.
    Make sure to remove and equip the trinket after you change spec. It's bugged right now, not applying the CD reduction after respec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Make sure to remove and equip the trinket after you change spec. It's bugged right now, not applying the CD reduction after respec.
    I'm aware of that, what I meant was that I didn't check for Survival and Marksmanship. Not too fussed about those two specs, I don't think there is a whole lot of interesting things the cooldown reduction can reduce.

Deleted
    All specs share 5 abilities in common: Camouflage(43.2sec), Deterrence(1min 26.4sec/43.2sec), Rapid Fire(2min 9.6sec), Disenage(18sec/10.8sec) and Stampede(3min 36sec)

BM specific is Bestial Wrath(43.2sec)
    SV specific is Black Arrow (17.3sec)
    MM specific is Silencing shot(17.3sec)

The tooltip of the trinket seems to be correct in that it reduces the cooldowns by 39%. combine that with a 11.7k agi proc and we have a winner

I haven't tested the trinket with MM yet but I'm guessing that instead of hard casting your Aimed shot you will be spamming arcane as much as possible to keep a very high uptime on Rapid Fire.(maybe even nearing 80-90% uptime?)

Deleted
    What's the point of having a 17sec cd on BA? That's just 7 sec lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post
    What's the point of having a 17sec cd on BA? That's just 7 sec lost.
    Basically it's useless for SV and MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    All specs share 5 abilities in common: Camouflage(43.2sec), Deterrence(1min 26.4sec/43.2sec), Rapid Fire(2min 9.6sec), Disenage(18sec/10.8sec) and Stampede(3min 36sec)

BM specific is Bestial Wrath(43.2sec)
    SV specific is Black Arrow (17.3sec)
    MM specific is Silencing shot(17.3sec)

The tooltip of the trinket seems to be correct in that it reduces the cooldowns by 39%. combine that with a 11.7k agi proc and we have a winner

I haven't tested the trinket with MM yet but I'm guessing that instead of hard casting your Aimed shot you will be spamming arcane as much as possible to keep a very high uptime on Rapid Fire.(maybe even nearing 80-90% uptime?)

..That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me and it's probably not final, I mean SS cd reduction on a PvE trinket while BM gets BW and Stampede(apparently)?

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    The tooltip of the trinket seems to be correct in that it reduces the cooldowns by 39%.
    cooldown of spells is multiplied by 1/1.39=0.719, which is a 28% reduction rather than a 39% reduction

also lol that every 5.4 trinket is completely and utterly useless. except for caster trinkets of course - warlocks doing 900k soul fires on training dummies.
    Last edited by asdfsaf; 2013-07-04 at 03:51 AM.

From my testing and some math, trinket 1 (CD reduction) and 4 (reverse renataki's) should be the best for BM. PTR though so it's subject to change.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-07-04 at 04:50 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Maybe, just maybe, they will make Black Arrow dots working like ES, stacking/adding? Otherwise the cd reduction trinket doesnt make sense for SV.
    Fingers crossed for all stubborn SV fans

I guess the BA reduction helps on Multitarget, just a bit though. MM is definitely getting the short end of the stick, slightly less so for Surv. But BM is having a ball with a BW every 43 seconds. Hue, Engineers aren't going to be able to line their Synaps(? glove tinker) well.

Trinket 2 gave me an avg 1.5% of my damage, which rounds out to 2.5-3k dps when I was pulling ~175k on the dummies.

So, with the 4 set stacking up and the trinket#4 stacking down... What would be the best way to do Bestial Wrath? Assuming they proc/used at the same time.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-07-04 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I guess the BA reduction helps on Multitarget, just a bit though. MM is definitely getting the short end of the stick, slightly less so for Surv. But BM is having a ball with a BW every 43 seconds. Hue, Engineers aren't going to be able to line their Synaps(? glove tinker) well.

Trinket 2 gave me an avg 1.5% of my damage, which rounds out to 2.5-3k dps when I was pulling ~175k on the dummies.

So, with the 4 set stacking up and the trinket#4 stacking down... What would be the best way to do Bestial Wrath? Assuming they proc/used at the same time.
    at 540 ilvl with the new tier gear and trinkets 1 and 4 and 517 taoren (it scales for the raids, so with the 500 agi gem it's the best. I just left it on for the training dummies.) I was doing over 200k sustained dps on the dummies with a tallstrider buff. I'd say just do it as you'd normally do it. I just want to say that we need the 2 piece and trinket 1. I barely had any downtime on rapid fire with the combination.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-07-04 at 11:28 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    cooldown of spells is multiplied by 1/1.39=0.719, which is a 28% reduction rather than a 39% reduction
    If you calculate it differently (as in it speeds up the cooldown) base speed is 100% which would for example be 60 seconds. Then the cooldown speed with the trinket is 139% which would be 43.16 (60/1.39). And as far as I know this is how WoW describes reductions.

Maybe I'm just optimistic (or just missing something?) but I see BA on the CD list as a good thing. How is it being completely useless as some say (Trieste, Megabloks) Having a CD less than the duration is a plus hands down as it will mean 100% up time on BA meaning higher up time on LoL proc chance. the few secs aren't a waste as anything less than the CD of BA is a just gives you an extra Global i.e. BA is on target BA is now of CD but dot is still on target weave an extra arcane then reapply BA still maintaining BA on target at 100%. If the 39% increases for heroic thunderforge +2/2 upgrade then(just guessing) CD could go as low as 13-15CD with a 20sec duration. That provides so many shots to weave in (you could go bake a cake and keep BA at 100%). If you are saying it is worthless you are most likely wasting so much valuable time just sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting to reapply BA. One of the first things I tell people about playing hunter is never waste a global if you aren't pressing a key your wasting dps. Hunters always! have something weather that's cobra or arcane.

Also I don't know about anyone else but the combination of disengage/deter. on the CD list + the readiness effecting those abilities will proved loads of heals and defensive's for hunters. Which I see as a really nice plus.

Deleted
    What are you talking about seriously?
    You just need a CD of 20 sec to have a 100% uptime.
    These 3 extra seconds are useless unless you have two targets...

Deleted
    Maybe BA will use the same mechanics as ES (adding the remaining damage, not overwriting it).